OT: Jets Lounge: JC Be Lazy Edition - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel*

I'm so glad someone caught that reference.

I taught that poem for years. One of my favourites. It has one of the lines in poetry that always makes me feel really sad. Can you guess what it is?

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Okay Derfel, what poem?

It's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot. Very famous, as far as poems go.

I taught that poem for years. One of my favourites. It has one of the lines in poetry that always makes me feel really sad. Can you guess what it is?

As for this, I'm gonna guess...
"I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me."

The poem picks at you more than it really forces emotion on you. But this line is the most up-front about it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

It actually is my favorite poem!

And if I were to guess... That's a tough one.

The mermaids who won't sing to him? Or him telling about things he didn't say?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'd like to point out that, as I'm the only person in the thread with >10,000 posts so far, I can't hear you.

85f9l0l.gif

^Me and Romang doing the >10,000 posts dance.

10K posts... n00bies :laugh:

Id like to point out, As the only person in this thread so far with a different color user name, I would like to point out that I can change that pretty quickly ;)

I will pay you cash money to remove 12k of Romang's posts :D

Derfel*

It's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot. Very famous, as far as poems go.

As for this, I'm gonna guess...
"I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me."

The poem picks at you more than it really forces emotion on you. But this line is the most up-front about it.

*dingdingding*

The older I get, the more that line stings.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
This breakfast looks awesome.
I really miss full English Breakfasts and this is just a lot of it.

BREAKFASTALT1_3163120c.jpg

A cafe has unveiled its 8,000 calorie breakfast featuring 59 items of food.
Corner Cafe's 'Monster Mega Breakfast' contains six rashers of bacon, six sausages, six eggs, two thee-egg omelettes, four portions of fried potatoes and four portions of mushrooms.
In addition, diners get to feast on six slices of black pudding, six hash browns, one bowl of chips, four onion rings, four slices of toast, two fried bread, half a grilled tomato, two portions of beans and two portions of tomatoes.
Those brave enough to consume the breakfast are challenged to a hour to down the meal. They can wash it down with either a pint of milkshake or an energy drink.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
:laugh:

Check this out. Leaked "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" pre-production artwork. :yo:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/all-the-leaked-star-wars-the-force-awakens-awesome-c-1679272605

Vewy intewesting.

Having seen all of the McQuarrie work that preceded the original trilogy we know to take that stuff with a grain of salt but at least there seems to be continuity with the OT rather than just creating a whole new slew of toys, er ships for the movies. Please Disney, don't screw this up.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
As long as it's a story about Huey, Dewey, Louie, Donald and Scrooge going on an adventure (in space) to find a treasure and learn the ways of the Force, I'm really fine with whatever else they do with the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA