Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The Jets unveiled their 10th anniversary logo recently.

It could become super-awkward if as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations for the WHA next season, the history of the old Jets is transferred to the new Jets, which means they would turn around from celebrating their 10th anniversary this season to their 50th the following season.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bought my wife a Nintendo Switch, we have been playing Animal Crossing together and of course I am now hooked on the friggin' game :oops:. It's a pretty neat game system, though. Lots of cutesie games to play with your significant other, it should pass some time until hockey starts again (whenever that will be).

Reactions: Jets 31

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Bought my wife a Nintendo Switch, we have been playing Animal Crossing together and of course I am now hooked on the friggin' game :oops:. It's a pretty neat game system, though. Lots of cutesie games to play with your significant other, it should pass some time until hockey starts again (whenever that will be).
Awesome. I was addicted to it over lockdown here. Unfortunately I think I burnt myself out on it and haven't touched it since June.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Awesome. I was addicted to it over lockdown here. Unfortunately I think I burnt myself out on it and haven't touched it since June.
Yeah I'm sure I will have the same thing happen to me and I will get back to my XBox; I doubt she will though (judging from me watching her design wall paper for 30 minutes). Good couple activity until hockey starts again. It's a lot better than us watching news all night lol.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I bought snow tires for my new vehicle 2 weeks ago, I was ready! :thumbu:. Also experienced the miracle of heated seats while driving to work for the first time today lol
Ya i got that experience of heated seats for the first time last winter, butt and the back of the seat , very nice. The heated steering wheel is also very nice, get spoiled very fast and then you have to have these options now. :laugh: Winter tires are going on on Friday, missed it by that much, as Get Smart would say.:laugh:

Reactions: buggs and 10Ducky10

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ya i got that experience of heated seats for the first time last winter, butt and the back of the seat , very nice. The heated steering wheel is also very nice, get spoiled very fast and then you have to have these options now. :laugh: Winter tires are going on on Friday, missed it by that much, as Get Smart would say.:laugh:

Sorry folks, this snow is all my fault. First, I hung my bike up, just to get it out of the way, I thought I'd have at least a couple more weeks of riding. Then I had my snow tires put on yesterday in the morning. BTW, TPMS is expensive. Should just be a single time outlay of cash though as I'll have them for whenever I need new tires.

Full support on the heated seats/steering wheel. Spoiled.

Big boo on Winnipeggers that have already decided it's ok to use four parking spaces because "they can't see the lines". :cool:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry folks, this snow is all my fault. First, I hung my bike up, just to get it out of the way, I thought I'd have at least a couple more weeks of riding. Then I had my snow tires put on yesterday in the morning. BTW, TPMS is expensive. Should just be a single time outlay of cash though as I'll have them for whenever I need new tires.

Full support on the heated seats/steering wheel. Spoiled.

Big boo on Winnipeggers that have already decided it's ok to use four parking spaces because "they can't see the lines". :cool:

Yeah, so since I have an almost new vehicle for the first time in my life I wasn't even aware of such things as TPMS. I don't have them on the new set of snow tire rims I bought because they would have cost and extra $60 or something like that. But whatever, I got by fine with a hand held gauge before haha. Maybe next year I will put them on that set.

Reactions: buggs

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah, so since I have an almost new vehicle for the first time in my life I wasn't even aware of such things as TPMS. I don't have them on the new set of snow tire rims I bought because they would have cost and extra $60 or something like that. But whatever, I got by fine with a hand held gauge before haha. Maybe next year I will put them on that set.
You should see how expensive tires are for a Cadillac Escalade , oooof . :banghead:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yeah it's no problem to do without. My older car that my daughter has now has snow tires but I didn't put the TPMS in them. So when you start the car you get the "warning" but it's not a big deal at all as you press a button to clear the message and carry on. Actually learning and knowing you should check the tire pressure is a good lesson for younger drivers (my daughter, not you).

The TPMS is around $60/tire btw. Adds a considerable chunk of change. I invested in some nicer rims than the standard steel wheels (which is what are on my daughters car) as well so the whole exercise this year was awfully pricey. My 'winter' rims are still black though, so at least I'm maintaining a part of that steel wheel tradition.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Only 6 more months of this weather to go, not too bad. :help:

6 more months ?

giphy.gif

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
You should see how expensive tires are for a Cadillac Escalade , oooof . :banghead:

No kidding. My wife and I learned that lesson some years ago. We'd always been driving the lower end of vehicles (think Civic) but when we moved up a bit (Accord/Pathfinder) we found out that there is a next level altogether and it applies to almost everything (tires, exhaust, etc.). That's not even close to the last level though :laugh: My current car has 18" wheels and that's scary enough for me. What's the size on an Escalade? 20"? 21"?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No kidding. My wife and I learned that lesson some years ago. We'd always been driving the lower end of vehicles (think Civic) but when we moved up a bit (Accord/Pathfinder) we found out that there is a next level altogether and it applies to almost everything (tires, exhaust, etc.). That's not even close to the last level though :laugh: My current car has 18" wheels and that's scary enough for me. What's the size on an Escalade? 20"? 21"?
22" , it's goofy and when you get the lower profile tires that adds even more money.

Reactions: buggs

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
22" , it's goofy and when you get the lower profile tires that adds even more money.
Do they even have low profile winter tires? Low profile kind of sucks to actually drive on - I guess they're a bit better at cornering (in dry conditions when you can push it), but the ride is so harsh. My wife's car has low profiles in the summer and it's a better ride on the more standard profile winters.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah it's no problem to do without. My older car that my daughter has now has snow tires but I didn't put the TPMS in them. So when you start the car you get the "warning" but it's not a big deal at all as you press a button to clear the message and carry on. Actually learning and knowing you should check the tire pressure is a good lesson for younger drivers (my daughter, not you).

The TPMS is around $60/tire btw. Adds a considerable chunk of change. I invested in some nicer rims than the standard steel wheels (which is what are on my daughters car) as well so the whole exercise this year was awfully pricey. My 'winter' rims are still black though, so at least I'm maintaining a part of that steel wheel tradition.

yeah they told me $60 per tire for the sensors and I balked on it for this winter, next year.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Big sporty rims and low profile tires are nice for summer but for winter, it's just a waste of money. Go with smaller diameter rims and higher profile tires. Just make sure the tire circumference you end up with is within 3% of the OEM set. Also, look at narrowing your tire width a little as this is better for snow. There are calculators online to help with the conversion. Of course, get rims that are approved for your vehicle. Otherwise, the wrong offset could result in your set contacting brakes, suspension or the fenders.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Do they even have low profile winter tires? Low profile kind of sucks to actually drive on - I guess they're a bit better at cornering (in dry conditions when you can push it), but the ride is so harsh. My wife's car has low profiles in the summer and it's a better ride on the more standard profile winters.
Totally agree, the winters aren't going to be low profile those are the summer ones and your right lower profile tires are not for a comfortable ride, they just look good. :badidea: :laugh:

Reactions: Gm0ney

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Pick up Mario Kart. It’s so much fun. Be careful though, if both of you are competitive that game might cause a divorce! Haha :laugh:

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Pick up Mario Kart. It’s so much fun. Be careful though, if both of you are competitive that game might cause a divorce! Haha :laugh:
It's on the list! But the price of those Switch games, we can maybe get one per month haha. The initial investment in the system + 2 games and a pro controller was more than enough.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad