Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This is the only way I would play golf. Course is open year round, climate controlled, no mosquitoes, only walking required is to grab another beer. Hmm, just got an idea for my next reno. :nod:

golfer+gif
I just got an idea for another beer.... be right back

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Without needing any actual info on the where/why, is @YWGinYYZ okay? @Guerzy reminded me I haven't seen him around here in a long time.

Good question. Hope he's okay.

@DarthMonty I know was going though a tough time, having lost his wife to cancer and was battling it himself during his last update. I hope he's still fighting, was a great to talk to on the boards.

Last edited:

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
My favorite season is fall too. Wish it would last one month longer. Most people don’t like it because it leads into winter but as a stand alone season it is spectacular.
Fall in Vancouver tends to linger. And can be amazing. Quite a few years I am still harvesting veggies out of my garden at the end of October. And then some years the rain starts 3rd week of september and finally stops in march....

Reactions: ps241

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Fall in Vancouver tends to linger. And can be amazing. Quite a few years I am still harvesting veggies out of my garden at the end of October. And then some years the rain starts 3rd week of september and finally stops in march....

Fall can be absolutely stunning down here on the north Georgia mountains with all the leaves turning. Really the whole Appalachian mountains. Haven’t visited in the fall in years but really wanna get away from the city and visit nature more. Wanna go to the Smokey Mountains National Park. Was watching a documentary on it yesterday and didn’t realize they had reintroduced Elk to the area in 2001 and they’re thriving. They’ve been spotted as far south as South Carolina. Coincidentally it was the Manitoban Elk.

Question for anyone in general. Has anyone been to Glacier National Park? Watched some videos yesterday and it’s absolutely stunning.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Also haven't seen @jefferoni for quite a while, hope he's ok too.
I'm doing just fine, buddy... thanks for your concern. Since this is a hockey board I've been avoiding all threads that are (or quickly become) pandemic related, and since there is no hockey right now there really aren't many topics for me to participate in. I have posted in the "TSN Jets Promo Code" thread and I regularly check the "Humor Thread" (thanks for creating that BTW :thumbu:).

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm doing just fine, buddy... thanks for your concern. Since this is a hockey board I've been avoiding all threads that are (or quickly become) pandemic related, and since there is no hockey right now there really aren't many topics for me to participate in. I have posted in the "TSN Jets Promo Code" thread and I regularly check the "Humor Thread" (thanks for creating that BTW :thumbu:).
Great to hear and i totally get it but we will get a form of Jets hockey soon. :nod: We can always use humor as far as i'm concerned especially with what's going on in the world right now, i would rather laugh than be pissed off or sad whenever possible. :thumbu:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So i learned something new yesterday morning, i got woken up at 6 am by crows being soooo goofy loud that i had to go outside and see what the hell was going on. I stepped out on the deck and the biggest owl i've ever seen flew right over my head, scared the shit out of me considering i wasn't really awake yet.:laugh: Apparently crows hate owls and actually eat them.:confused:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
So i learned something new yesterday morning, i got woken up at 6 am by crows being soooo goofy loud that i had to go outside and see what the hell was going on. I stepped out on the deck and the biggest owl i've ever seen flew right over my head, scared the shit out of me considering i wasn't really awake yet.:laugh: Apparently crows hate owls and actually eat them.:confused:
Crows vs owls is something insane to see

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Crows vs owls is something insane to see
I've never heard or seen that before, the crows were making a totally different sound and maaaaan were they loud. Even though that owl was huge i kind of feel sorry for it now. Crows are bastards , i always see them fighting seagulls over garbage in the parking lot at work.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Fall can be absolutely stunning down here on the north Georgia mountains with all the leaves turning. Really the whole Appalachian mountains. Haven’t visited in the fall in years but really wanna get away from the city and visit nature more. Wanna go to the Smokey Mountains National Park. Was watching a documentary on it yesterday and didn’t realize they had reintroduced Elk to the area in 2001 and they’re thriving. They’ve been spotted as far south as South Carolina. Coincidentally it was the Manitoban Elk.

Question for anyone in general. Has anyone been to Glacier National Park? Watched some videos yesterday and it’s absolutely stunning.
Do you mean the Canadian Glacier National Park along the BC/Alberta border just west of Banff, or the US Glacier National Park in Montana along the border with Canada (and Canada's Waterton Lakes National Park)?

I spent the day going through the US one a few years ago on the Going to the Sun Road between Kalispell and St. Mary. Saw Lake McDonald Lodge, did a hike through the Trail of the Cedars and walked around at the Logan Pass. It was all amazing...though my wife didn't enjoy the thousand-foot drop-offs just outside her window on that drive. :laugh: They'd had some forest fires there that year and the road was just re-opened when we went through - smelled like campfire the whole way and the scenery was all blackened tree trunks and ash for a bit. You don't see a lot of glaciers - they may all be gone by now - but it's all pretty awe-inspiring nonetheless.

Reactions: Duke749

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Reactions: BatVader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions