Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Hey peeps, hope you and yours are doing good out there in Jets land! Pretty low key living out here in the sticks. Cut grass, trim grass, water garden, fix the things, walk dog. Check into HFJets when lawnmower dies :laugh:

Also is anyone else noticing a butt load of ticks this year?

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kind of an odd question, but don't know where else to put it.

I own a seat from the old Winnipeg Arena (blue, I never sat in the reds so why bother?) but haven't done anything with it at all. It just kind of sits around collecting dust. But I'd like to have it at least be useful in some way, fully noting they were never comfortable to begin with. Has anyone done anything to provide legs/support for theirs and could you post a picture if you have please? I'd like to have mine be off to the side in the rec room but useable if someone wanted. So it needs to not look like crap but neither does it need old clawfoot bathtub feet either.

I never bought one but I have seen guys use it in their man caves as part of their theatre style seating. I agree they are not comfortable enough for regular use. It’s a great question and I wish I could be more helpful.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Looks like Liverpool have ended their drought (although in North America, who cares about regular-season victories right? ;) )

Reactions: Romang67

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looks like Liverpool have ended their drought (although in North America, who cares about regular-season victories right? ;) )

It was a huge slump bust. As a hockey guy It took me a while to get use to the regular season glory but then I realized it’s really pretty pure. It makes way more sense to celebrate the league championship That takes a season to achieve. Then you just run a tournament concurrently for the FA cup then, you have a season long tournament/ play down for the Champions league for those that qualify.

I mean each way has its charms but the NA system of playoffs or bust devalues the regular season. I like that the regular season is the championship in Football.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I mean each way has its charms but the NA system of playoffs or bust devalues the regular season. I like that the regular season is the championship in Football.

OK, but you realize this would have given Nashville a real banner, right? ;)

Reactions: ps241

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It was a huge slump bust. As a hockey guy It took me a while to get use to the regular season glory but then I realized it’s really pretty pure. It makes way more sense to celebrate the league championship That takes a season to achieve. Then you just run a tournament concurrently for the FA cup then, you have a season long tournament/ play down for the Champions league for those that qualify.

This is honestly the reason why I am in favor of any solution that amps up the importance of regular season finishes. "Each team gets to pick their opponent each round, starting from the top on down" still strikes me as the absolute best and most fascinating way to do this. Far better than giving out byes or even something as boring as 'home ice advantage'.

Reactions: RabidOne

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This is honestly the reason why I am in favor of any solution that amps up the importance of regular season finishes. "Each team gets to pick their opponent each round, starting from the top on down" still strikes me as the absolute best and most fascinating way to do this. Far better than giving out byes or even something as boring as 'home ice advantage'.

i would tend to agree make it worth while to win the regular season.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
i would tend to agree make it worth while to win the regular season.

And the beauty is that not only is it worthwhile to win your division, the rewards are still tangible and still scale nicely for any other high finish. A 2nd or 3rd place finisher will still get their pick from the cream of the crap.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Could you imagine any major North American sport moving in that direction? Would actually be cool because they could add an in season tournament or post season tournament even. Most sponsors. More money. Would be pretty neat with regards to hockey or basketball.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Could you imagine any major North American sport moving in that direction? Would actually be cool because they could add an in season tournament or post season tournament even. Most sponsors. More money. Would be pretty neat with regards to hockey or basketball.

I think North Americans are very ingrained with the regular season is a set up for real season formats.

The only notable exception use to be college football where they didn’t have a playoff format until recently. I loved the sense of urgency that created on a week to week basis but it was flawed because often the top teams didn’t play each other in a season so that led to polling and politics. I loved the sense of urgency but ultimately I think without head to heads that didn’t work.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Checking in, how is everyone doing? I've been busy with yard work and attempting some house renos the past few weeks. Needed a break from nonstop world and Covid19 news. Amazing when you don't watch the news all night what you can get done lol
You need to take up golf then you wouldn't have so much time to do crappy stuff like yard work and house renos . :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You need to take up golf then you wouldn't have so much time to do crappy stuff like yard work and house renos . :laugh:

There is no such thing as a perfect house. Renos are an essential part of life. Once you've experienced the exhilaration that comes with knocking down a wall for that open concept look, or dealing with that damn leaky garage roof by putting on an addition over it, golf will never have the same appeal. :nod:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There is no such thing as a perfect house. Renos are an essential part of life. Once you've experienced the exhilaration that comes with knocking down a wall for that open concept look, or dealing with that damn leaky garage roof by putting on an addition over it, golf will never have the same appeal. :nod:

Ripping out the old, stinky carpet in the one bedroom I repainted was a pretty satisfying feeling I must admit! That was the one our dearly departed senior rescue dog decided was his toilet at times, all I can say is PEEUUUWWW. Going to be doing the same to the third bedroom then carpet free upstairs.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It's not a easy game that's for sure but if i can do it anyone can. :laugh: I'll help you golf and you can do any home maintenance i need, seems fair. :laugh:

This is the only way I would play golf. Course is open year round, climate controlled, no mosquitoes, only walking required is to grab another beer. Hmm, just got an idea for my next reno. :nod:

golfer+gif

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
My frustration with golf is that everything can be going pretty good and then I put one in the trees and my day is ruined.

Also, I don't have a narrow climactic comfort zone, but it's waaaay too hot for walking around in the sun right now.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
My frustration with golf is that everything can be going pretty good and then I put one in the trees and my day is ruined.

Also, I don't have a narrow climactic comfort zone, but it's waaaay too hot for walking around in the sun right now.

I do have a very narrow comfort zone. And I will take -30 over this +30 shit any day. At least, I can dress for that. I can't undress enough for this weather. The outside world right now is like being around Colin the energy vampire, sucking the life force from me. :help:

Reactions: Gm0ney

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I do have a very narrow comfort zone. And I will take -30 over this +30 shit any day. At least, I can dress for that. I can't undress enough for this weather. The outside world right now is like being around Colin the energy vampire, sucking the life force from me. :help:

My wife loves that show.

I used to love the heat until this year. This year I'm not managing it well. I don't dislike it, but it's having a much bigger impact on me than I remember heat doing. Drives me nuts when people say "it's too hot". Well, wait a week. In two months it could be below zero. We could have permanent winter snow on the ground in three. Unlikely, but possible. Ugh. Must re-learn to tolerate heat.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
My wife loves that show.

I used to love the heat until this year. This year I'm not managing it well. I don't dislike it, but it's having a much bigger impact on me than I remember heat doing. Drives me nuts when people say "it's too hot". Well, wait a week. In two months it could be below zero. We could have permanent winter snow on the ground in three. Unlikely, but possible. Ugh. Must re-learn to tolerate heat.

You have skipped over the perfect season: Autumn. Summer is too hot. Winter is too cold. Spring is... well, it's just mucky. But Autumn with its moderate temperatures, trees bursting with colour, the hint of stubble burning in the air... OK, could probably do without the wasps. Maybe perfect is too strong a word but it's damn close. :nod:

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You have skipped over the perfect season: Autumn. Summer is too hot. Winter is too cold. Spring is... well, it's just mucky. But Autumn with its moderate temperatures, trees bursting with colour, the hint of stubble burning in the air... OK, could probably do without the wasps. Maybe perfect is too strong a word but it's damn close. :nod:

My favorite season is fall too. Wish it would last one month longer. Most people don’t like it because it leads into winter but as a stand alone season it is spectacular.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I used to hate spring at home, still mostly damp and cold but with sinus infections lasting for months. I just experienced my first spring where I live in France. Plenty of pollen so I still got sick, but it was over quickly and we had three months of really nice warm and dry (enough) weather. Best season here for sure. Summer can get a bit too hot and by the end of it all the vegetation is either dead or brown. My city doesn't have many green spaces so having everything alive in spring was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad