Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Ugh, tried to get my weekly groceries at Bird's Hill Sobeys today... no meats to be found. No milk, no eggs. And then, as if someone is trying to personally attack me, no Coke Zero to be found. Literally just trying to get enough stuff to make lunches for next week :facepalm:

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks to the outbreak of the Coronavirus, last night's episode of SmackDown was held in the WWE Performance Center and no fans were in attendance.

Thanks to an international feed, some members of the audience got to see what happened during the commercial break.

As you can see below, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Nikki Cross, and Alexa Bliss all stopped wrestling!

With no one in the building watching, there was really no need for the match to continue, and not taking bumps definitely makes sense for these Superstars.

Video Shows That Superstars Stopped Wrestling During SMACKDOWN's Commercial Breaks Last Night

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Exactly. I've setup our household so that we could easily last a month in isolation if we needed to. Although, come to think of it I should probably stock up on more booze. Don't want to find myself wanting for one of the necessities of life. :nod:
I stocked up on booze more than food!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Ugh, tried to get my weekly groceries at Bird's Hill Sobeys today... no meats to be found. No milk, no eggs. And then, as if someone is trying to personally attack me, no Coke Zero to be found. Literally just trying to get enough stuff to make lunches for next week :facepalm:

Are you not able to come into Winnipeg to do your shopping? If not, try them first thing in the morning to see if they have re-stocked. Magical things happen overnight. Foods re-appear, prices get marked up. :sarcasm:

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Are you not able to come into Winnipeg to do your shopping? If not, try them first thing in the morning to see if they have re-stocked. Magical things happen overnight. Foods re-appear, prices get marked up. :sarcasm:

I could, for sure. A bit of a hassle driving further into the city, I'm just assuming the same issue will be in most places for a couple weeks, then people will smarten up and realize food won't stop being produced/stocked and things in that department will go back to normal, hopefully.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
OK, so what time does Costco really open? They say 10:00 but I was at the Whyte Ridge Costco at 9:45 and the parking lot was already packed and I saw people heading to their cars with stuff they had bought. Bailed on that, tried the one on St James. Got there around 10, there was a lineup of cars on St James just to get into the parking lot. Bailed on that, figured I would check out the St Anne's Superstore. Certainly busier than normal for a Friday morning but not intolerable like on No Tax day. Saw only a couple of people wearing face masks. I guess it's early enough that people aren't too concerned yet about widespread contagion.

this morning was a gong show, got there 20 minutes before it opened and I was about the 20 th person in line outside (Superstore St Anne’s rd)

spent about an hour in line at the check out after I was done shopping .....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
this morning was a gong show, got there 20 minutes before it opened and I was about the 20 th person in line outside (Superstore St Anne’s rd)

Use online ordering if it's that bad. They have eliminated pick-up fees and reduced home delivery fees. Personally, I like picking out my own products especially perishables but if it's stupid crazy I might just live with what my "personal shopper" picks out for me.

Reactions: Jets 31

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Guess I’m gonna have to do my “weekly” grocery shopping on Monday instead of my usual weekends. :facepalm:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Guess I’m gonna have to do my “weekly” grocery shopping on Monday instead of my usual weekends. :facepalm:

That's one of the nice things about being retired. Being able to shop outside peak hours. And if you want that line in front of you to clear out? Just start coughing loudly and watch the people scurry to other lines. :laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
My work has put hold on operations until further notice, supervisors and up have to do work from home if work is assigned. Which means I still have to do some work, but on the plus side I'm working from the lake.

I got all stocked up too so I'm all set.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

baronvonadam

Feb 15, 2014

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
To those who have wondered why I've lurked, but haven't posted much over the last year or so, was because I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of an unknown primary (most likely originating in my kidney, but tests were inconclusive) 15 months ago, and a year ago this week my prognosis was given as 4 - 6 months due to the cancer having spread to my lymphatic system. I was given the choices of a clinical trial, radical chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. My team at CancerCare MB recommended the immunotherapy on the basis that it would provide another 6-12 months of a reasonable existence, and I likely didn't have enough time left for a clinical trial, and the chemotherapy would be as bad as the disease.

I chose to listen, and underwent immunotherapy, which works by unmasking cancer cells so that the immune system treats them like other invasive organisms. I had five cycles of 3 treatments each, plus radiation to treat the topical tumours that had sprouted all over my abdomen and neck. For whatever reason, I reacted in a very atypical form to both the radiation and immunotherapy, with all the topical tumours eliminated and internal masses and lesions reduced to only a few. I'm now being used as a case study due to my extremely positive outcome. The fight is not yet over, but according to my team, they're still treating me to cure me, not just extend my life. To that measure, I've been prescribed chemotherapy now, so I have three treatments remaining until my next CT Scan in April, when hopefully I get the results we're hoping for.

That's the GOOD news.

My wife went to HSC emergency on September 30th because she fainted at work getting out of her car, and was shortly diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She underwent a 7.5 hour surgery to remove 25 pounds of tumours, and several other procedures over the next 4 months at HSC. She was there this entire time, excepting the 10 days she was at home from Christmas Eve until January 4th, and passed away this Monday at Saint Boniface Palliative Care from complications including pneumocystis, pneumonia and a brain tumour. She was only 54. This has been the worst year ever.

We were together for 38 years, and married for 35 - my best friend in the entire world.

Cancer sucks.

Oh my goodness Darth Monty. I rarely come into this chat so I had no idea until now. I am so sorry for your loss.
I will keep you in my prayers as you battle to overcome your illness and the loss of your dear wife.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Friday, March 13th a quarter Vulcan baby was born. Spock is now a first time dad.

I may have just explored my human half in ways I didn't think we're possible.
So many ways to take that second comment but I'll just leave it at congratulations. It was so nice to see the world all over again through fresh eyes when my daughter was born. I expect you'll have as much joy as I did.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It’s not about that. People are doing it so they don’t have to leave the house going forward, planning ahead in case they need to stay home as per government. Store full of goods is useless if you can’t leave the house. Some people panic, some over react, but I’m not blaming majority of people for planning ahead and taking care of their family first. Some may care for elderly, etc. And want to limit amount of time they go out. There are many reasons people are planning ahead. I went early to stock the pantry to avoid the crazy rush in stores I knew was coming and that will only get worse.
Hoard shopping is awful , i can't think of something more selfish to do to your fellow man in times like these . Buy what you need and leave some for the next person , humans can be great but also very selfish and ignorant . The wife and i are going to give blood on Monday , hopefully the Dude's blood isn't too full of white russians and gummies .:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad