Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
The owner of these dogs needs to heal up and go straight to prison! :madfire:

DogAttack.png

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just found out this morning, looks like our senior rescue dog has prostate cancer. I feel awful, much worse for my wife that dog is basically her baby. But he is almost 12, he came from a horrible situation and we did our best to give him the best life possible the last couple years.

So we knew going in we probably wouldn't have him too long, but still feels BLAHHHH

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Just found out this morning, looks like our senior rescue dog has prostate cancer. I feel awful, much worse for my wife that dog is basically her baby. But he is almost 12, he came from a horrible situation and we did our best to give him the best life possible the last couple years.

So we knew going in we probably wouldn't have him too long, but still feels BLAHHHH

sorry to hear that, Luc

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That sucks Luc. Very sorry for you guys.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry Luc. Best to your wife. Our dog passed last year (after 14 yrs) and it sometimes still kicks my ass if I think about him.

Thanks all. He still seems OK for now, not much we can do for him other than make whatever time he has left comfortable. I suspect within a few weeks it will be time, the mass they found on the ultrasound was pretty large. I have to take him this afternoon for a confirmation test.

Sorry to hear about your dog also, it sucks when we lose our furry friends.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like the Jets deserve a new dressing room. One that's circular with the Jets logo above and not on the floor, similar to the Oilers one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Sorry to hear. Pets are family members and losing one can be just as devastating.

Reactions: Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry to hear. Pets are family members and losing one can be just as devastating.

He is still doing OK, but I think him making it to summer would be extremely optimistic. The vet said as long as he is eating and doing his business he is fine for now. Eventually the tumor will close everything up and he won't be able to pee, then that is that. You actually can do chemo on a dog but it isn't likely to help him much, it is very expensive (like $800 a month) and he is almost 12. If you remove the tumor he will most likely have to be catheterized for good afterwards.

We both feel it is better to be merciful and euthanize instead of prolonging any suffering. Dogs have too much pride, I don't think they enjoy being kept around just because it helps us delay the inevitable. It isn't fair to them.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
He is still doing OK, but I think him making it to summer would be extremely optimistic. The vet said as long as he is eating and doing his business he is fine for now. Eventually the tumor will close everything up and he won't be able to pee, then that is that. You actually can do chemo on a dog but it isn't likely to help him much, it is very expensive (like $800 a month) and he is almost 12. If you remove the tumor he will most likely have to be catheterized for good afterwards.

We both feel it is better to be merciful and euthanize instead of prolonging any suffering. Dogs have too much pride, I don't think they enjoy being kept around just because it helps us delay the inevitable. It isn't fair to them.
You seem like a very good dog owner and rescuing an older dog is such a nice thing to do. After the incident earlier this week with the dogs attacking people it is good to see responsible dog owners who do great things for great animals.

Thank you for that and all the best to you, your wife and your dog.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You seem like a very good dog owner and rescuing an older dog is such a nice thing to do. After the incident earlier this week with the dogs attacking people it is good to see responsible dog owners who do great things for great animals.

Thank you for that and all the best to you, your wife and your dog.

Thanks for saying so. That dog attack was awful and you can pretty much put all the blame on a moronic owner.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
To those who have wondered why I've lurked, but haven't posted much over the last year or so, was because I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of an unknown primary (most likely originating in my kidney, but tests were inconclusive) 15 months ago, and a year ago this week my prognosis was given as 4 - 6 months due to the cancer having spread to my lymphatic system. I was given the choices of a clinical trial, radical chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. My team at CancerCare MB recommended the immunotherapy on the basis that it would provide another 6-12 months of a reasonable existence, and I likely didn't have enough time left for a clinical trial, and the chemotherapy would be as bad as the disease.

I chose to listen, and underwent immunotherapy, which works by unmasking cancer cells so that the immune system treats them like other invasive organisms. I had five cycles of 3 treatments each, plus radiation to treat the topical tumours that had sprouted all over my abdomen and neck. For whatever reason, I reacted in a very atypical form to both the radiation and immunotherapy, with all the topical tumours eliminated and internal masses and lesions reduced to only a few. I'm now being used as a case study due to my extremely positive outcome. The fight is not yet over, but according to my team, they're still treating me to cure me, not just extend my life. To that measure, I've been prescribed chemotherapy now, so I have three treatments remaining until my next CT Scan in April, when hopefully I get the results we're hoping for.

That's the GOOD news.

My wife went to HSC emergency on September 30th because she fainted at work getting out of her car, and was shortly diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She underwent a 7.5 hour surgery to remove 25 pounds of tumours, and several other procedures over the next 4 months at HSC. She was there this entire time, excepting the 10 days she was at home from Christmas Eve until January 4th, and passed away this Monday at Saint Boniface Palliative Care from complications including pneumocystis, pneumonia and a brain tumour. She was only 54. This has been the worst year ever.

We were together for 38 years, and married for 35 - my best friend in the entire world.

Cancer sucks.
Omg I'm so sorry to hear this. :(. Having lost my mom to cancer almost 3 years ago, I can only imagine what you're going through. Stay strong

Reactions: kanadalainen

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

It’s not a good thing but you are good people

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thanks for saying so. That dog attack was awful and you can pretty much put all the blame on a moronic owner.
Ya , i wish we had smarter people but unfortunately we don't . Had to go through what you are twice , it's tough they really are a family member . Best wishes Luciano .

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison... :clap:
New York (CNN) - Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in prison Wednesday in a New York courtroom.

"I really feel remorse for this situation," Weinstein said, his voice barely audible, as he addressed the court before the sentence was handed down. "I feel it deeply in my heart. I will spend my time really caring and really trying to be a better person."

"I'm not going to say that these aren't great people," he also said of his accusers. "I've had wonderful times with these people."

Weinstein wore a blank face as he was taken out of the courtroom. His accusers cried together in the front row.

Weinstein, 67, arrived to his sentencing hearing in a wheelchair and handcuffs. The former movie producer faced between five and 29 years for last month's convictions on first-degree criminal sexual act and third-degree rape.

Judge James Burke sentenced Weinstein to 20 years in prison for first-degree criminal sex act and 3 years in prison for third-degree rape. The sentences will run consecutively and both come with 5 years of supervision after release.

The charges were based on testimony by Miriam Haley and Jessica Mann, who both spoke at Wednesday's sentencing.

"If Harvey Weinstein had not been convicted by this jury, it would have happened again and again and again," Haley told the court. "I'm relieved he will now know he's not above the law. I'm relieved there are women out there who are safer because he's not out there."

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison... :clap:

Now waiting for Nygard to go down, been looking forward to it for years. Seeing those billboards of his ugly mug he would put up around the city made me want to vomit, massive egomaniac.

I recall some people saying he would be a good option to own the Jets over Chipman/TNSE? FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad