Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Now waiting for Nygard to go down, been looking forward to it for years. Seeing those billboards of his ugly mug he would put up around the city made me want to vomit, massive egomaniac.

I recall some people saying he would be a good option to own the Jets over Chipman/TNSE? FFS
Trump should go to prison as well , fat slimy bastard .

Reactions: Afterburner

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
A player from the Juventus soccer team has tested positive, expect to hear that some of his teammates have also tested positive in the near future, here in Canada it's just starting and will get a hell of a lot worse in the very near future, it will stretch medical resources to the breaking point.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
NBA has suspended their season.

Tom Hanks has tested positive for COVID-19.

The US is barring flights from Europe to the US for 30 days, starting Friday.

The Pope was abducted by aliens.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

It's time to call the whole thing off. Social distancing. Don't wait til the shit hits the fan. We don't want to be Italy.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Stores are not closing... supply chains are still strong ... no need at all for panic buying or hording, yet...

ES8c7MQWsAEsDIa

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
They're some interesting changes in women's curling right now; one being Homan team parting ways with their lead, Lisa Weagle.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Word of advice..... do NOT go to Costco!

Sheer craziness.

OK, so what time does Costco really open? They say 10:00 but I was at the Whyte Ridge Costco at 9:45 and the parking lot was already packed and I saw people heading to their cars with stuff they had bought. Bailed on that, tried the one on St James. Got there around 10, there was a lineup of cars on St James just to get into the parking lot. Bailed on that, figured I would check out the St Anne's Superstore. Certainly busier than normal for a Friday morning but not intolerable like on No Tax day. Saw only a couple of people wearing face masks. I guess it's early enough that people aren't too concerned yet about widespread contagion.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Spending these last two days trying to cancel my flight that would take me TO Sweden but not back has been a blast.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Humans are so dumb... store literally restock every day, hording toilet paper of all things is so dumb.
It’s not about that. People are doing it so they don’t have to leave the house going forward, planning ahead in case they need to stay home as per government. Store full of goods is useless if you can’t leave the house. Some people panic, some over react, but I’m not blaming majority of people for planning ahead and taking care of their family first. Some may care for elderly, etc. And want to limit amount of time they go out. There are many reasons people are planning ahead. I went early to stock the pantry to avoid the crazy rush in stores I knew was coming and that will only get worse.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It’s not about that. People are doing it so they don’t have to leave the house going forward, planning ahead in case they need to stay home as per government. Store full of goods is useless if you can’t leave the house. Some people panic, some over react, but I’m not blaming majority of people for planning ahead and taking care of their family first. Some may care for elderly, etc. And want to limit amount of time they go out. There are many reasons people are planning ahead. I went early to stock the pantry to avoid the crazy rush in stores I knew was coming and that will only get worse.

Exactly. I've setup our household so that we could easily last a month in isolation if we needed to. Although, come to think of it I should probably stock up on more booze. Don't want to find myself wanting for one of the necessities of life. :nod:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Better hurry before they decide to shut the doors, you will already miss out on the free samples!

Changes coming to Manitoba Liquor Marts amid COVID-19 outbreak

Meh, I never bother with the samples any more. Having a couple of sips out of one of those crappy, plastic disposable glasses is not really conducive to full appreciation of the product. Proper glassware is essential. People that drink beer out of the bottle... blasphemers. :laugh:

And that comment about sneezing into a tissue? How is that better than sneezing into your hands? You're still handling the tissue and getting it on your hands anyway. I figured out long before it became fashionable that sneezing into the crook of your arm is the best way to contain the spread. Although, I really hate the farting sound that ensues if my arms are bare. People give you that "like, really?" look. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad