Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 5-3 to the NHL darlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Just got back. No school tomorrow for my daughter plus mom's bday = let's all go to the game. I didn't pay for my tix, someone else did but even if I did, I'd say got money's worth

Solid game. Refs kinda decided it a bit there... but, can't complain about effort or pushback... Jets give me the reverse vibe from Last year, not getting the breaks but playing quite well.... as opposed to get the breaks and not playing so well early last season. Think it's gonna take time but we gonna be ok... I think American Thanksgiving, they will be outside looking in but by January will be top 3 central. Pk tho is a big problem, Jets are strong 5 vs 5.

Pretty sure Lowry was out there too…

Vegas was winning 5 3 then since they scored with well over a minute to go.

TN needs to chill with the prices for food and cola tho. Yeesh

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That defense is atrocious. I'd be looking for another young defenseman that's underachieving and plays the right side, and see if they'll swap for Stanley.

DeMelo is the only reliable defenseman on the right side.
If a team is willing to trade a young RHD for Stanley that player won’t be any type of answer. Stanley is moving close to negative value any trade with him as the primary piece we will get negative value back.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If a team is willing to trade a young RHD for Stanley that player won’t be any type of answer. Stanley is moving close to negative value any trade with him as the primary piece we will get negative value back.

Stanley doesn't get us a 3rd 4th or 5th rd pick at this point. He honestly probably clears waivers. He was always boom or bust... he busted. Time for Jets to redneckognize

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Stanley doesn't get us a 3rd 4th or 5th rd pick at this point. He honestly probably clears waivers. He was always boom or bust... he busted. Time for Jets to redneckognize
I think he'd get claimed for sure. I don't think it would work out for the claiming team but if it did it would be huge. Same for the Jets, which is why it's so hard to let him go.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Wonder what Nino gets us... I mean if he's not gonna sign, he's a guy I'd shop... also Dillon pionk Schmidt Appleton.... don't think we get much back tho. I ain't moving ehlers... him and Names and fetts looked great minus the face offs but meh

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Wonder what Nino gets us... I mean if he's not gonna sign, he's a guy I'd shop... also Dillon pionk Schmidt Appleton.... don't think we get much back tho. I ain't moving ehlers... him and Names and fetts looked great minus the face offs but meh

We'd do well to hang onto Nino, Iafallo and Namestnikov and extend them all before their deals expire.
Have a hunch thats a lot easier said than done in terms of who is all willing to sign.

Reactions: GNP

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Concerns? Honestly not really. Keep playing hard... TNSE needs to recognize that they be gouging a bit tho in tough times for lots of folks. I think perhaps they need to really do some legit repair in the community.... I was talking to a guy at the game and he said lots of buddies of his just couldn't afford the cost anymore so they got mini packs instead.

Seemed like less kids Honestly than 3 4 years ago.

We'd do well to hang onto Nino, Iafallo and Namestnikov and extend them all before their deals expire.
Have a hunch thats a lot easier said than done in terms of who is all willing to sign.

Well names signed 2 years so

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Excellent games from Scheif -3 and KFC -2 to stay up near the top in the Minus Race. A few surprising names in the leaderboard right now but I expect they will fall back as the season progresses. Hard to see anyone but those two, maybe Plonk being in it as the race comes down to the wire. But I could be underestimating Kupari. He's new here, haven't seen a lot of him but he could surprise. Especially if Bones decides he deserves a shot on the top line.:nod:

1697773989414.png

Reactions: Bigfish and GNP

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Stanley, DeMelo and Samberg were pretty bad.

Chisolm gets the next game

Reactions: GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I put in an effort to not be biased when it comes to reffing, sometimes to a fault, but there were so many missed calls that game to the point where that call seemed ridiculous. When Jets were up 1-0 the refs looked away on 3 blatant penalties and honestly I don't think think it got better from there.

Perfetti had a fantastic game. Iafallo is really good. Gustafsson continues to be very effective at what he does. Namestnikov showed good chemistry with Ehlers and Perfetti but also had some brain dead defensive moments and giveaways.

I don't mind Namestnikov but he's not a top 6 player.

Also how as a coach don't you play arguably the best player tonight in Cole less than 12 minutes. Completely bizarre ice time distributions. It's not like it was a penalty filled game.

Reactions: Jack7222 and GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
After 4 games, Jets have played 3 very good games and laid 1 turd.
Unfortunately they lost 2 of the 3 good games. I expect those will even out over the course of the season. They will win a couple that they really don't deserve.

Goaltending has not been good.
On one hand, maybe Iafallo should have been elevated to the 1st line. OTOH, he may not need to be elevated. Good on the PP too.
Appleton was OK at 1RW.
Stanley was not bad. Better than Schmidt has been.
I liked the way F**k Vegas moved the puck on the PP.
What does it take for F**k Vegas to get a penalty?

Once again, I think that if Jets keep playing that way, they will win a lot of games - starting as soon as the goaltending picks up.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Just got back. No school tomorrow for my daughter plus mom's bday = let's all go to the game. I didn't pay for my tix, someone else did but even if I did, I'd say got money's worth

Solid game. Refs kinda decided it a bit there... but, can't complain about effort or pushback... Jets give me the reverse vibe from Last year, not getting the breaks but playing quite well.... as opposed to get the breaks and not playing so well early last season. Think it's gonna take time but we gonna be ok... I think American Thanksgiving, they will be outside looking in but by January will be top 3 central. Pk tho is a big problem, Jets are strong 5 vs 5.

Vegas was winning 5 3 then since they scored with well over a minute to go.

TN needs to chill with the prices for food and cola tho. Yeesh
Just to nitpick, EN goal was at 18:57.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

TheBuyckStopsHere

Apr 2, 2014
ATL
Defense was a dumpster fire once again. Stanley can barely skate, and sometimes it's hot potato with the puck on his stick. This is a huge Achilles heel.

I would really entertain in trading Ehlers for a top 4 Defenseman. Would look at Carolina or hell Vegas lol.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This is not the same.

The Jets have been *significantly* better so far this season. We've been really unlucky.
4.75 GAA is worse than unlucky.

Only solace is Tampa and Carolina are both worse defensively so far and they will undoubtedly turn it around.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Excellent games from Scheif -3 and KFC -2 to stay up near the top in the Minus Race. A few surprising names in the leaderboard right now but I expect they will fall back as the season progresses. Hard to see anyone but those two, maybe Plonk being in it as the race comes down to the wire. But I could be underestimating Kupari. He's new here, haven't seen a lot of him but he could surprise. Especially if Bones decides he deserves a shot on the top line.:nod:

View attachment 755055
Maybe the Oilers are willing to trade MINUS 4 McDavid.
Newsflash when #1 number line is on the ice usually the 2nd or 3rd pairing D is also on the ice.
Demelo gives the puck away and its Scheifele's fault?
Empty net goal and its Scheifele's fault ... give it a rest.
Scheifele has been the best Jet this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad