Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 5-3 to the NHL darlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I don’t blame the officials but leading up to Vegas’ last power play, there was probably 4 calls that were missed that should have resulted in a Power play.

Anyways, 1-3 is the start of a tough hole to climb out of. Any we’re supposed to be “going for it”?

How long is the Bowness leash?
Probably longer than Woodcroft's, losers play each other on Saturday

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Not a single quality start from the goalies in 4 games. Not gonna win many games with that regardless of how you play in front of them. The Jets weren't bad but you simply can't overcome sub .880 goaltending every night and expect to come out with points.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
You don't make that call on Iafallo with five minutes left... let alone after your buddy at the other end watches Lowry hauled down and let's it go

I ref a lot, so I try not to be critical

But that was bullshit
I appreciate this coming from someone who refs because they missed 3 calls on the knights but called the Jets on a weak one. If they were consistent that would be passable but they are horrific and biased.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I cant stand game management.

Just call the game the way you see it live...

1697769376632.jpeg

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
tough loss/ wait until we lose the season series vs the Yotes and we have someone waive their NM clause 1 month before TD and we act all surprised !!

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
While it's frustrating to lose, at least it's not because of the Jets playing shitty. Team has some big warts for sure and goaltending has not been great, but most of the games we played this year we deserved to win.

That alone is refreshing, at least for me it is. I hope the Jets feel the same way and the L's don't get to their head.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I appreciate this coming from someone who refs because they missed 3 calls on the knights but called the Jets on a weak one. If they were consistent that would be passable but they are horrific and biased.
With 6 minutes left in a 3-3 game, you either put the whistle away or you don't...

That said, if you do put them away, anything dangerous or aggregious gets called regardless.

But both those plays were neither

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
You don't make that call on Iafallo with five minutes left... let alone after your buddy at the other end watches Lowry hauled down and let's it go

But that was bullshit
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.32.44 PM.png

Oh, Buffdog you shouldn't have edited the typo (dive minutes left to five minutes left) because it's a just such perfect, cheeky metaphor for game management. Not that a player will necessary dive, but that a ref will make a questionable call to give the trailing team a chance to tie it up.
Let the final minutes of a game henceforth be known as "Dive Minutes Left"

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
our PK been kinda crap to start the year through the 4gp. you can miss me with the 5v5 xGF% b/c when your PK is giving up over 1 GA/gp that is not ideal.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Maybe that’s why the players don’t want to play for a Canadian team … they know the refs screw the Canadian teams over and you can’t win.
Weird how tonight the Kings have zero PPs vs Wild but got 5 PPs vs Jets. Wild is a dirty team too.
I can understand missed calls but every game?

Reactions: Buffdog

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Agree. It was a great effort.
Refs were the difference again. That and bad luck which they have in spades so far this year.
It's sad really -
jets play a good game and a very good third - and the refs tear it down with a bad call late in the game while the jets are piling it on.
You can't win when that kind of shit is happening - it's out of your hands.
That last call was brutal - tie game with 3+ minutes remaining.
Bones should be pissed, the players should be pissed - I know I am.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

But that was bullshit
I put in an effort to not be biased when it comes to reffing, sometimes to a fault, but there were so many missed calls that game to the point where that call seemed ridiculous. When Jets were up 1-0 the refs looked away on 3 blatant penalties and honestly I don't think think it got better from there.

Perfetti had a fantastic game. Iafallo is really good. Gustafsson continues to be very effective at what he does. Namestnikov showed good chemistry with Ehlers and Perfetti but also had some brain dead defensive moments and giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad