Line Combos: Jets Lines 2020-21

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I really like the Cirelli coming here idea. I give them our 1st, their choice of Lowry or Copp (they probably take Copp) and Niku.
Sign Cirelli to a 5 x 5m deal.
I think Chevy offers LB a two year deal with a wee raise that will be taken off of the table a week before free agency starts. Fair chance LB re-signs.
I also think that he talks Hammer into a 3 or maaaaaaaybe 4 year deal (unprotected for the XD).
DeMelo re-signs.
MP is gone.
If you ask me, the time for this team is now. With the way this team is set up, they should have a chance to win the cup every year for the next 4 years or so.
Helle, Scheif, Lowry, Demelo are entering their prime with JMo, Ehlers, Pionk, Laine, KC, and a few others hot on their tails. Our aging vets are still producing. I think with some tweaks here and there and some creative contracts, we could have a contender for awhile.
All bets off if Helle is injured.
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
KC Cirelli Ehlers
Harkins Little Roslo
Gus Lowry Apples
Shaw

JMo DeMelo
Slamberg Pionk
Heinola Hamonic
Boolow (or another LHD Chevy signs) and Poolman in the pressbox.

I think this might be Niku's last kick to make the team and be smarter defensively.

Helle Brossoit
So you want to pay a lot to bring Harmonic in just to play him on the 3rd pairing?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Brossoit will want to try and test in water in FA. Some team might pony up $2m+ for him to be a stable backup.

Brossoit has a .895 sv% this year. I can't see anybody giving him much over 1 mil.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Buy out Perreault. Worth it to have Brossoit over Comrie and Kuli or Sbisa over Dahlstrom.

Might be forced to do that anyway. Too much of this season's revenue is lost for the cap to be able to go up. I'm not sure it won't go down.

Yeah could definitely buy out Perrault. What does that save us in cap space?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What's your solution for them?
I dont have one. They are in a bad situation with 9 players with NM or NT contracts (crazy). I expect they will find a way to move a few of those players (Palat or Gourde or Johnson) and keep Cirelli and Sergachev.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah could definitely buy out Perrault. What does that save us in cap space?

Saves 2.667 the first year and costs 1.333 the second. Definitely viable - and better than paying someone to take him if that was the alternative.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I dont have one. They are in a bad situation with 9 players with NM or NT contracts (crazy). I expect they will find a way to move a few of those players (Palat or Gourde or Johnson) and keep Cirelli and Sergachev.

Those 3 all have full NTC's.

Go through their full roster and it always comes back to moving Cirelli.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Those 3 all have full NTC's.

Go through their full roster and it always comes back to moving Cirelli.
Is Cirelli a star? Will we get someone better with our top 10 pick? Is Cirelli better than tj miller as it just cost Vancouver a mid 1st round pick? Isn’t Tb in a worse position now in terms of cap than they were a year ago? Can we take a bad contract back and get Cirelli cheaper?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I stated I think they will find a way to trade a few of those NTC.

Why would any of them accept a trade?

There is no 'finding a way'. If they refuse, that's it. They can't give the players an incentive.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is Cirelli a star? Will we get someone better with our top 10 pick? Is Cirelli better than tj miller as it just cost Vancouver a mid 1st round pick? Isn’t Tb in a worse position now in terms of cap than they were a year ago? Can we take a bad contract back and get Cirelli cheaper?

I dunno'. What makes a player a star? He is coming off a very good season for a 22 YO. He is much better than Miller defensively. Don't know about scoring. Will Miller have another year like this one, or is it an outlier? He's never scored like this before. How much Cirelli would score as our 2C is a little hard to predict but he is on a 52 pt pace this year.

We would be lucky to get someone as good with our 1st, which isn't likely to be top 10. If we got someone as good as Cirelli he wouldn't be ready to contribute at that level for 3-4 years.

Cirelli needs a new contract. By the time we pay him, there isn't a lot of room, if any, for bad contracts.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I dunno'. What makes a player a star? He is coming off a very good season for a 22 YO. He is much better than Miller defensively. Don't know about scoring. Will Miller have another year like this one, or is it an outlier? He's never scored like this before. How much Cirelli would score as our 2C is a little hard to predict but he is on a 52 pt pace this year.

We would be lucky to get someone as good with our 1st, which isn't likely to be top 10. If we got someone as good as Cirelli he wouldn't be ready to contribute at that level for 3-4 years.

Cirelli needs a new contract. By the time we pay him, there isn't a lot of room, if any, for bad contracts.
But if little and Buff or Buff and Perrault come off salary that’s a lot of room. Do we just want to compete for next 3 years or indefinitely.

A higher 1st is a high cost when Miller went for a late 1st. Vancouver is in a playoff spot we are not.
Cirelli is on pace for 51pts but TB’s offence is better than ours.
Would it be possible to get him for a couple prospects like Chisholm Ves niku and a second or the 21 1st?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
But if little and Buff or Buff and Perrault come off salary that’s a lot of room. Do we just want to compete for next 3 years or indefinitely.

A higher 1st is a high cost when Miller went for a late 1st. Vancouver is in a playoff spot we are not.
Would it be possible to get him for a couple prospects like Chisholm Ves niku and a second or the 21 1st?

I don't know why you are so fascinated with Miller. We are talking about Cirelli.

The cost to get Cirelli is not so much about the minimum it would take to get TBL to move him. It is more about what it would take to outbid several other teams who would also want him.

Does Cirelli have better wingers in Tampa than he would have with us? He probably plays in front of a D corps that is better than ours. Ours will be better next year.

Sure, that lesser price is possible. I don't think it is likely though. There will be competition to get him.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't know why you are so fascinated with Miller. We are talking about Cirelli.

The cost to get Cirelli is not so much about the minimum it would take to get TBL to move him. It is more about what it would take to outbid several other teams who would also want him.

Does Cirelli have better wingers in Tampa than he would have with us? He probably plays in front of a D corps that is better than ours. Ours will be better next year.

Sure, that lesser price is possible. I don't think it is likely though. There will be competition to get him.
I’m so fascinated by Miller as they both came from same team and I assume they have equal value. If we don’t know what other team is offering how can put together our bid? If we don’t know how draft is going to work how can we place a value on it?

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Needs to be all 3... Buff, Little, and Perreault.
With Kulikov gone, that gives us the cap to OS someone like Cirelli at 5x6m and still have room for extensions, (Laine), and incidentals.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Needs to be all 3... Buff, Little, and Perreault.
With Kulikov gone, that gives us the cap to OS someone like Cirelli at 5x6m and still have room for extensions, (Laine), and incidentals.
Why os instead of trade for? Does shortened season affect Laine’s ask?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Why would any of them accept a trade?

There is no 'finding a way'. If they refuse, that's it. They can't give the players an incentive.
Admittedly I don't know how many players willingly waive their NTC. Do you?

TB is in a tough spot and something has to give.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Why os instead of trade for? Does shortened season affect Laine’s ask?
An OS of 5 years at 6M would be hard for Tampa to match and hard for Cirelli to ignore, plus it only costs us our 2021 1st and 3rd. If it doesn’t work, then trade for Domi or sign Haula
As for Laine... until the NHL sorts out it’s crap, much is unknown

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Cirelli is coming off of his ELC.
Chevy wouldn't give him much more than 5m on a long term deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad