Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Leafs: We shall again direct the Leafs in the tailspin known as REGRESSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
This was also the moment I realized i was totally loaded at the game. just sayin

Kind of off topic but not really. If anyone manages to find a video of that 5 on 3 kill from Tuesday they should post it, that noise level was crazy .

Also 4-2 Jets tomorrow

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Man the butthurt is still surviving over on the Team Futility boards... still whining about Tuesday. Jets need a win on Saturday to shut up Canada's most annoying fanbase.

1 game will never quiet the noise made by their fans. One thing to note though. After we beat them on Tuesday check our PGT... it's 50 - 85% Leaf bashing. So we complain about what they write but basically do the same thing (non clever name calling Laffs vs Thrashers).

I looked at the Rangers PGT after last night. Very quickly skimmed over 8 pages and there was 1 negative comment about our fans mocking Tortz, 1 angry about the Henrik chants when he was down in pain and a few complimenting the atmosphere. 95% of their posts were about their team and not ours.

Both Winnipeg and Toronto's boards could learn a lesson from that.
(We won't... but a guy can dream)

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
1 game will never quiet the noise made by their fans. One thing to note though. After we beat them on Tuesday check our PGT... it's 50 - 85% Leaf bashing. So we complain about what they write but basically do the same thing (non clever name calling Laffs vs Thrashers).

I looked at the Rangers PGT after last night. Very quickly skimmed over 8 pages and there was 1 negative comment about our fans mocking Tortz, 1 angry about the Henrik chants when he was down in pain and a few complimenting the atmosphere. 95% of their posts were about their team and not ours.

You have to consider who we are talking about.. It's only toward your Leafs and you brought it upon yourselves. Check how posters were acting BEFORE the game or from our last meeting in Feb.

We don't play that with any other team.

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
Finish them.

LsMAe23.jpg

I predict we'll hear a bit of the Jets being called the Thrashers, and allusions to the team moving again in a few years, oh and news flash... winter is cold in Manitoba on occasion. Really stinging stuff coming from the fans of Team Futility.

I don't know why they think that calling them the Thrashers is an insult to us? And complaining about the cold and snow when their city has to call in the army during a "blizzard" is rather hilarious.

makes me wish our arena is half as loud as in Winnepeg

Winnepag. Spell it right.

Gah. The Jets do not play well on national HNIC broadcasts.

Yes, but that's usually because were forced to play at 2pm. Perhaps a normal playing time will turn into a win for us.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
You have to consider who we are talking about.. It's only toward your Leafs and you brought it upon yourselves. Check how posters were acting BEFORE the game or from our last meeting in Feb.

We don't play that with any other team.

My Leafs? Huh?
Check my avatar.
Section 318, Jet for life!

I was just pointing out that we do a lot of "smack talking" on our own forum and complain about the amount their team does. Pot... kettle... etc...

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Last Jets / Leafs game I bet the guy sitting beside me that there was going to be a fight in the first 5 minutes of the game... I won ( ka-ching ). I'm holding to the same for Saturday. That's just the Leafs way... they try to intimidate.

Let's have Kane fight Kessel!! Lol

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
My Leafs? Huh?
Check my avatar.
Section 318, Jet for life!

I was just pointing out that we do a lot of "smack talking" on our own forum and complain about the amount their team does. Pot... kettle... etc...

Sorry man! You sounded more like a Leafs fan than a Jets. No need to stick up for them here, dude!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Sorry man! You sounded more like a Leafs fan than a Jets. No need to stick up for them here, dude!

He wasn't really sticking up for them, only making mention that we're not reticent in our distaste of the Leafs. I feel that if it weren't for the Leafs' fanbase, we wouldn't be like that. Basically, it's a 'it's your fault that we're being obnoxious'.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

If you were to look at a Ranger GDT against a team they have a rivalry with it will read very different.

With the way the media is in Canada it is impossible for the Leafs not to be instant rivals with the other Canadian teams, whether the Leaf fans feel the same or not.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
The whole Leafs organization is pretty fragile right now.. What a difference one game makes.. They've gone from "the winterpig trashers have no chance xdlol " to "This is a huge test for us".... This game is waaaay more important to them than it is to us..

We're 4-0-1 in the last 5.. we can afford to lose this game. I just hope they dress Orr and McLaren again.. Orr was one of the Jets' best players last game.

3-2 win for us on Saturday. GO JETS GO!
It isn't a must win, but I don't think they really can afford to loose this game. Being 1 up instead of 3 back is big.

Plus, a win gives us the amusing Team Futility meltdown in their PGT.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It isn't a must win, but I don't think they really can afford to loose this game. Being 1 up instead of 3 back is big.

Plus, a win gives us the amusing Team Futility meltdown in their PGT.

This game is the easier of the two that the Jets play this weekend, in terms of timing and the teams involved. I'd also say that every game played now is a 'must win'.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Would be humorous if the Jets starting blowing them out and the fans in ACC started chanting "Let's go Blue Jays".

Copycats. :sarcasm:

(yes, I they know they started it first, so they'd be copying the copiers. Inception moment)

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Regression - did the Jets victory on Tuesday over the Maple Leafs send the team into a spiral of regression, which will cause the Leafs to miss the play-offs for another year? Will the Maple Leafs return to the form which saw the team last appear in the post-season a decade ago?

I found an apt definition of the word to describe the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club.

Courtesy of Dictionary.com:

1. the act of going back to a previous place or state; return or reversion.
2. retrogradation; retrogression.

I found an even better definition to describe fans of the Leafs.

Courtesy of the Collins English Dictionary:

regression (rɪˈɡrɛʃən)

— n
1. psychol the adoption by an adult or adolescent of behaviour more appropriate to a child, esp as a defence mechanism to avoid anxiety

This is what will happen to the HF Boards Maple Leafs sub-forum on Saturday, after the Leafs lose to the Jets on national television:

Fire_26fbcd_910326.jpg

The Leaf fans will have an epic meltdown, and will hurl childish epithets and insults at us, as if we are somehow to blame for their lousy team.

I relish the aftermath of a Leafs loss.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Winnipeg Jets | Stat | Toronto 50.44 | FenwickClose | 44.30
8th | In East | 14th
16th | In NHL | 28th
28.5 | 5v5 SF/60 | 26.7
8th | In East | 13th
14th | In NHL | 24th
28.8 | 5v5 SA/60 | 32.8
7th | In East | 15th
17th | In NHL | 30th
37.8 | 5v4 SF/60 | 49.1
14th | In East | 7th
29th | In NHL | 12th
40.0 | 4v5 SA/60 | 42.8
2nd | In East | 5th
4th | In NHL | 8th
behindthenet.ca hasn't updated since Mar 11
I sent a msg to Gabe and hopefully I can update this soon... I bet our PP looks better than that now

Random stat grab for the day:
We all joke about how Jets should go to 4v4 instead of 5v4. Well...
SF/60 Jets 1st after Boston
SA/60 Jets 1st after Detroit
GF/GA Jets 1st in the NHL
... maybe we should only send 4 men out on the PP...

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Winnipeg Jets | Stat | Toronto 50.44 | FenwickClose | 44.30
8th | In East | 14th
16th | In NHL | 28th
28.5 | 5v5 SF/60 | 26.7
8th | In East | 13th
14th | In NHL | 24th
28.8 | 5v5 SA/60 | 32.8
7th | In East | 15th
17th | In NHL | 30th
37.8 | 5v4 SF/60 | 49.1
14th | In East | 7th
29th | In NHL | 12th
40.0 | 4v5 SA/60 | 42.8
2nd | In East | 5th
4th | In NHL | 8th
behindthenet.ca hasn't updated since Mar 11
I sent a msg to Gabe and hopefully I can update this soon... I bet our PP looks better than that now

Random stat grab for the day:
We all joke about how Jets should go to 4v4 instead of 5v4. Well...
SF/60 Jets 1st after Boston
SA/60 Jets 1st after Detroit
GF/GA Jets 1st in the NHL
... maybe we should only send 4 men out on the PP...

It's no joke. Coincidental minors for 4v4 hockey always brings out the best in the team because it opens up more seams, and our D activates a lot better than others. I feel a lot more comfortable with the Jets on 4v4 than a PP, honestly.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
It's no joke. Coincidental minors for 4v4 hockey always brings out the best in the team because it opens up more seams, and our D activates a lot better than others. I feel a lot more comfortable with the Jets on 4v4 than a PP, honestly.

29th best PP (honestly I think were more like a 25 haha not much better) vs arguably best 4v4 in the league...

Ya I agree... I'll take the 4v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad