Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Leafs: We shall again direct the Leafs in the tailspin known as REGRESSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Oh please, please, please, just to cause a HFBoards Leaf fans meltdown. Please.

This might be the Jets most important game ever since relocating. If the Jets from the last two games show up, they may make a believer out of me that they can:

WIN. THE. DIVISION.

For all eternity, a South East Champions banner hanging from the rafters in the Phone Booth. Who wouldn't love to rub that in Leaf fans noses?

Please, please, please.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Leafs are 0-3-1 in their last four.
Every dog has his day and these dogs will be cornered and angry...
Jets' will need to play hard and Pavelec needs to stay strong like their last two games.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Finish them.

Huge game. This part of the schedule couldn't come at a better time given where the Jets are in the standings and how they are playing over their last 12 games, a full months worth of hockey. We are 9-2-1 in that span. Coming up in the schedule here to finish off March, Toronto, Ottawa, Washington x 2, Carolina x 2, Tampa Bay. That accounts for 7 of our final 9 games of March.

At this point, this Jets team has a prime opportunity to make way here, essentially bury Washington and Tampa's fate of catching us, stay even with/pass Carolina for tops in the division, and keep ourselves right with/above Toronto and Ottawa, two teams directly in line with us in the Conference.

We must take care of business in the next 2 weeks.

Not to mention, once we get our first 3 games of April out of the way, on the road vs. NYR, NYI, Montreal, we then finish the season with 7 of 9 games at home.

This team has appeared to have turned the page here, but they must keep it going and take advantage of what this schedule is presenting them. A grand opportunity is staring them in the face right now.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
We can't expect any favours from the refs and the self-proclaimed centre of the hockey universe :shakehead

If ANTRO keeps playing like the soon-to-be-UFA beast he is, TO is going down!
(Speaking of, Antro is doing his best Dustin Penner impression -- don't be that good, then go on a tear just before a contract for a big payday!)

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
A tweet from one of the Devils beat writers...
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Patrik Elias said Jets reminded him of the way the Kings played last season in playoffs with their mobility and physicality on D.
Not at all trying to draw an analogy between the two teams myself; just nice to see the team get some respect elsewhere.

The Jets played a very heavy game last night and outhit the Rangers 46-33. That might be the most hits I've seen them throw over the past two seasons, 46 hits is a huge number for this group. They pounded the Rangers D relentlessly. I'm really liking the current attitude of this lineup. Despite some sloppy play at times they still earned the W regardless.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets played a very heavy game last night and outhit the Rangers 46-33. That might be the most hits I've seen them throw over the past two seasons, 46 hits is a huge number for this group. They pounded the Rangers D relentlessly. I'm really liking the current attitude of this lineup. Despite some sloppy play at times they still earned the W regardless.
There were some unreal hits in there.

As a guy who didn't used to like Ladd, I gotta say, he had a whole hit reel to himself last night, (the only thing he was crushing harder than the Rangers was the crossbar :laugh: ) and when he was the guy to put in the empty net goal I just laughed and shook my head and said "of course it would be Ladd."

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
man I'm pumped for this one.... keep the pedal to the metal, boys .. to beat these guys again would be so ****in awesome.. but the Leafs are going to be one deperate team tomorrow night... and to lose two games to us at this point would rank as one of their greatest collapses ever :nod:

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
All games are huge from here to the end of the regular season, but the Jets simply have to win in Toronto if only to fuel the firestorm of buthurt over on the Leafs' board... and to shut their fans the hell up for a bit longer.

I predict we'll hear a bit of the Jets being called the Thrashers, and allusions to the team moving again in a few years, oh and news flash... winter is cold in Manitoba on occasion. Really stinging stuff coming from the fans of Team Futility.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Beating the Leafs in Toronto on HNIC, and leapfrogging them in the standings?

If the Jets pull off a clean win in regulation, I could forgive them for any letdown in the Ottawa game. Please oh please just win this game.

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
I would like to see the Jets beat them in the same fashion again and have the Lets Go Blue Jays chant start up at ACC, which is where it origniated, just so I can read their PGT. Wooooooop!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
PRE-DICk- SON........ Jets beat Leafs 7-3 .......Kane gets Jets 2.0 first Hat-Trick:yo::yo::yo::yo::handclap:

Edit.... (Wright breaks goal cherry!)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
A tweet from one of the Devils beat writers...
Not at all trying to draw an analogy between the two teams myself; just nice to see the team get some respect elsewhere.

That's a nice thing to hear.

These last two games have really been how I (and I would imagine most people), want to see the Jets play. With Passion. With hustle. Dishing out hits. Not backing down when they get hit. Trying to dictate play and not have it dictated to them. It's been great to watch. Can they keep it up? That's the question.

As an aside, even though it's only two games, I think watching the way they played, and the results, it must be a little self gratifying for Noel (to see the team buying in to what he wants), and also to Cheveldayoff and the management team. The reason I say that is that the style of the last two games seems to be exactly what this organization has been drafting towards. If you could put Trouba, Scheifele, Lowry, and maybe guys like Sutter, Olsen and Kosmachuck into an time machine and age them 4 years, can't you just picture each of them playing exactly the type of game like the Jets have played the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad