Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Leafs Jan. 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets potentially losing two of their top six forwards after ONE game.
Neither looks to miss even the next game while Roslovic would have to go through the whole quarantine protocol to even get into the lineup. You also have Harkins who can move up and you also have KV and Perfetti in the wings. Even saying that Chevy isn’t going to give away his leverage to deal with short term injuries.

tantrum

Oct 2, 2014
Neither looks to miss even the next game while Roslovic would have to go through the whole quarantine protocol to even get into the lineup. You also have Harkins who can move up and you also have KV and Perfetti in the wings. Even saying that Chevy isn’t going to give away his leverage to deal with short term injuries.

You keep repeating yourself with the rationale of the quarantine - but that makes the situation for the Jets all that much more urgent to get it done sooner than later. Your argument in that regard is like those people that tell you it's so bad to make money on investments because you have to pay taxes. smh.

They had to miss practice - again after game 1. Where do you think injuries are going to be when all the back to back and every other day games kick in? Depth is going to be very important this year.

So you're saying rather than have a guy with speed and experience in the top six come in, it would be better to bring in a just turned 19 undersized kid who was too slow in the world junior tournament to fill in for Ehlers, or Laine. And all because you're mad at him. ok! LOL

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You keep repeating yourself with the rationale of the quarantine - but that makes the situation for the Jets all that much more urgent to get it done sooner than later. Your argument in that regard is like those people that tell you it's so bad to make money on investments because you have to pay taxes. smh.

They had to miss practice - again after game 1. Where do you think injuries are going to be when all the back to back and every other day games kick in? Depth is going to be very important this year.

So you're saying rather than have a guy with speed and experience in the top six come in, it would be better to bring in a just turned 19 undersized kid who was too slow in the world junior tournament to fill in for Ehlers, or Laine. And all because you're mad at him. ok! LOL
I think Harkins is equal to Roslovic but depth is going to be important this season for sure.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle in Stanley and Samberg throughout the road trip.

I love this! Minus the Stanley games. In fact could we just skip his games? Lets rotate Samberg and Heinola. Or better yet play them both. Our defence is pure garbage anyways. I don't think it really matters if we add a few mistakes from these young guys. Whats a few more mistakes and high danger chances again when we give up 70 a games anyways

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Sens D is better than That group I named.

I will hope for Niku to play better with Morrissey and for Samberg to draw in and never leave the lineup.

i would take the Sens defence over what ours will look like. We are already pushing a bottom 5 NHL defence. When healthy we are probably between bottom 5 and 10. With what you posted i would say it is a bottom 3 NHL defence.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would've assumed that they would have had a nanny lined up. i don't think the birth was a surprise.

That might have been possible. It may have been done. But he is staying with his wife and new baby rather than go on this road trip.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

They are actually going to play Stanley over Heinola... I mean, I can't say I'm really surprised but talk about depressing.

i'd worry if this turns out to be a mistake and they keep on repeating the mistake.
everyone's blowing this out of proportion. expect Samberg to rotate in next.

i'll repeat this again and again: target February as the month when you'll see more Heinola and Samberg.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Jets are going to want to look at Stanley this year to see if he's worth keeping around on the roster next year. He is waiver eligible so we can loose him for nothing if we try to send him down next year.

That is why he is one of the first call ups. Contract status and the business aspect play a role in roster decisions.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That might have been possible. It may have been done. But he is staying with his wife and new baby rather than go on this road trip.

He'll soon realize the error of his ways. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I think this is the first time I mentioned quarantine so not sure how I’m repeating myself. Maybe you are thinking of another poster. Not sure I follow your investment analogy so I will leave that alone. Bottom line is Chevy won’t give up his leverage on a player who doesn’t move the needle and he is far from desperate for his services. Roslovic will either sign the deal on the table or Chevy will move him if he gets an offer he likes. In the meantime Roslovic will sit.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

They are actually going to play Stanley over Heinola... I mean, I can't say I'm really surprised but talk about depressing.

I don't think Heinola has practiced with the Jets yet, but I might be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad