Injury Report: Jets Injury Report

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
I picked the following (10) players.

Buff, Bogo, Enstrom, Hainsey, Oduya , Ladd, Little, Burmi, Antropov and Kane.

In 2010 - 2011 these 10 combined for 52 man-games lost due to either injury or disciplinary reasons be it league sanctioned or team sanctioned (i.e.) healthy scratch.

Thus far in 2011-2012 over 50 games..... these 10 players have already combined for 90 man-games lost. With Buff - Kane and Burmi adding to the total for the foreseeable future.

I also found this....... the Jets are 1 of only 4 teams with over 200 man-games lost so far this season.

The other 3 being Buffalo, Calgary & Florida.

Can't tell me these injuries aren't hurting us.

http://www.sabresinseven.com/2011/12/injuries-around-the-nhl-2011-2012-season/

interesting...thanks for that.

this is compounded by the quality of the players that have sustained the longest term injuries....on a team that is not very deep, you cant lose top calibre players like buff and enstrom for months on end without suffering.

i really hope we get a chance to see the whole team pay soon....

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
interesting...thanks for that.

this is compounded by the quality of the players that have sustained the longest term injuries....on a team that is not very deep, you cant lose top calibre players like buff and enstrom for months on end without suffering.

i really hope we get a chance to see the whole team pay soon....

I have posted on this a few times lately as well. This is not an excuse it's a hard stat and it has really hurt us IMHO. January was terrible as far as our quality players with scoring ability being injured.

I would love to see our top group get healthy for even one month and see how we look. I can't remember the last prolonged stretch where we fielded our best team.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
On TSN 1290, they stated that Buff and Burmi practiced with the Jets today, but in red non-contact jersey's. They're most likely out for tonight. Kane flew out, but then flew back to Winnipeg for further evaluation.

:(

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
On TSN 1290, they stated that Buff and Burmi practiced with the Jets today, but in red non-contact jersey's. They're most likely out for tonight. Kane flew out, but then flew back to Winnipeg for further evaluation.

not really the way we wanted to get the stretch drive going especially with 4 in a row on the road then back for the one usual let down game on the heels of a road trip then out for two more on the road. Not meaning to be negative Nancy but our season could be done for all intense and purposes by February 11th.

OR we could defy logic ..................:sarcasm:;):naughty:

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
With Kane out, it gives Ladd some time to regain the chemistry he had with Little & Wheels. And with Wheels playing as well as he is, hanging onto the puck and getting it to the net, Ladd could be just the right guy to have on this line down the stretch.

And when Kane & Burmi come back, throw them with Nic. Speed on the wings should help Nic not have to cover as much ground on the ice, and possibly be even more effective down the middle.

Welly can then be dropped back to ctr the 4th line with Fehr & Mittens, until he's dealt at the TD for some longer term help.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It will be great to get Buff back in the lineup. What's the over/under on his minutes?

We all know that Buff wasn't in the best of shape before his injury. I can't imagine a knee injury also lends itself to staying in game shape.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
If I did this right, we won't need to send down Flood when every gets healthy.

Kane-Little-Wheeler
Ladd-Antro-Wellwood
Glass-Slater-Thorburn
Burmi-Stapleton-Fehr
Mittens

Buff-Enstrom
Bogo-Hainsey
Oduya-Stuart
Flood/Jones

Pavelec
Mason

=23

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Rick Ralph @RickRalphTSN

Zach Bogosian unlikely to play for the #winnipegjets tomorrow night against Philadelphia. Still out with the upper body injury.

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They announced on CJOB that Wellwood is done for the season with a broken foot. I saw him take a slapper off the foot last game and hobble off I guess that must have been it although as i recall he finished out the game?

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
They announced on CJOB that Wellwood is done for the season with a broken foot. I saw him take a slapper off the foot last game and hobble off I guess that must have been it although as i recall he finished out the game?

This explains the Cormier recall

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

If that was what did it then Wellwood played a good portion of the game with it broken I think.

Was it before or after he scored I wonder?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If that was what did it then Wellwood played a good portion of the game with it broken I think.

Was it before or after he scored I wonder?

good question Huff i didn't hear the report it was one of the people in the office who dropped in to give me the news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad