Jets in Minnesota - Who's going?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I would strongly recommend if you are going not planning on getting anything to eat by the Arena before the game...there are lots of places but they are all freakin packed..get something by your hotel and Transit it to the arena...

Good food options inside the X as well. You can walk from some of the hotels

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Stay safe

Minnesota Weather: Weekend Storm Will Be A 'Triple Threat'

Rain and thunderstorms are expected to develop late Thursday before changing into ice and snow Friday.

A significant winter storm is expected Friday afternoon into Saturday evening and will likely include all precipitation types, strong winds, and blizzard conditions. Minnesota Homeland Security and Emergency Management called the storm a "triple threat."
A winter storm watch is in effect for Friday afternoon and Saturday for much of Minnesota, including the Twin Cities. Rain and thunderstorms are expected to develop late Thursday night and persist for much of the day Friday as temperatures remain in the mid 30s in central Minnesota to the lower 40s along the Minnesota Iowa border. Colder air will begin to move into central Minnesota Friday afternoon and evening, changing the precipitation to snow across central and western Minnesota.
In addition to the heavy snow, strong winds gusting between 40 to 50 mph will bring the possibility of blizzard conditions to west central Minnesota. The best chance for whiteouts will be late Friday night there.
The rain will turn to a wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet, and snow across south central and east central Minnesota, and west central Wisconsin Friday evening, before changing to all snow Saturday morning.
Total snow accumulations of 8 to 15 inches are possible across central and west central Minnesota, with totals tapering off to 3 or 6 inches across south central Minnesota and west central Wisconsin. Total ice and sleet accumulations of one to two tenths of an inch are possible across the southern third of Minnesota into west central Wisconsin.
Be safe everyone. I'm still shaking from Humboldt. ;(

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You guys driving to MPLS. A couple things. First be safe. Second consider running US 2 over to I-35 and south that way. It's longer but there will be less bad roads and less traffic.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
If you plan on coming down to the Twin Cities for the game and you haven't left yet, stay home. Unless you want to watch the game from a motel in St Cloud. It is the biggest storm we've had in years.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You can get quite close actually. Maybe the roads are better tomorrow afternoon

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
If you plan on coming down to the Twin Cities for the game and you haven't left yet, stay home. Unless you want to watch the game from a motel in St Cloud. It is the biggest storm we've had in years.
Whiteout is closing in:)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yeah, but from that point on you are driving into a blizzard. It is supposed to snow through tomorrow afternoon and parts of the Twin Cities are looking at 18 inches.

Yeah I think people are aware of what's happening but they could always leave Winnipeg in the morning and see how things are but be prepared to turn around.

Do you think there is any chance the city would ask the NHL to postpone the game?

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Do you think there is any chance the city would ask the NHL to postpone the game?
It is hard to say. I'm inclined to say no but this is more snow than we usually get in a storm, and there is a chance it could snow through tomorrow night. I think they will make that call tomorrow when they see how the roads are. I would be a little surprised if it was postponed, but not shocked.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This winter has been ridiculous already - I'm sitting here staring at a fresh dump of snow in our backyard, and my wife has been stuck at the airport trying to fly out to Winnipeg for the last 5 hours. Tons of cancelled and delayed flights due to weather conditions all over the US and Canada. It's f***ing April, not January! :laugh:

Hope everyone in Minnesota stays safe.

Reactions: sipowicz

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It is hard to say. I'm inclined to say no but this is more snow than we usually get in a storm, and there is a chance it could snow through tomorrow night. I think they will make that call tomorrow when they see how the roads are. I would be a little surprised if it was postponed, but not shocked.

Unrelated to hockey but I guess they wont be playing baseball for a while at Target Field

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Here's the latest blizzard warning

IMG_0945.jpg

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Jets might not be going... Their plane returned to YWG after being diverted to Duluth. Going to try again tomorrow apparently.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Imagine the conditions today will allow for them to fly in this morning. Hopefully the team was able to get a full nights sleep before leaving this morning.

Surprised that they didn’t fly out first thing yesterday morning, knowing this was coming

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad