Jets in Minnesota - Who's going?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Relative to Minneapolis there are somewhat fewer hotels in the immediate vicinity of the St. Paul arena. I expect many Winnipeggers if they're making the journey would opt to stay in downtown Minneapolis or near MOA so they'll presumptively jack up the rates. They do it around certain concerts as well.
I would stay in Minneapolis if I was going. It's ridiculously easy to get there on the green line.

Reactions: buggs

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Because people would be coming there, wanting a place to stay? :dunno:

But the game is in a different city. The prices in Minneapolis will not change due to a hockey playoff game in St Paul where most of the attendees are locals

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
But the game is in a different city. The prices in Minneapolis will not change due to a hockey playoff game in St Paul where most of the attendees are locals
Not necessarily true. As mentioned, rates tend to go up in Minneapolis for other events where not necessarily everyone is from the Cities. The most recent experience I had was during the Tom Petty concert in the summer when rates were up both in the St. Paul and Minneapolis areas. Increased above the normal weekend increase. Entirely possible that another event or two were on at the same time, but that's the same general concept - the majority of attendees are local. Doesn't take much to try and take advantage of an opportunity and from a hotel's perspective really no harm done, people will book or they won't.

As one of the Ducky's pointed out above, the green line makes it super easy to stay in "Minny" and train to the arena. Much easier than finding a cab after an event.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Not necessarily true. As mentioned, rates tend to go up in Minneapolis for other events where not necessarily everyone is from the Cities. The most recent experience I had was during the Tom Petty concert in the summer when rates were up both in the St. Paul and Minneapolis areas. Increased above the normal weekend increase. Entirely possible that another event or two were on at the same time, but that's the same general concept - the majority of attendees are local. Doesn't take much to try and take advantage of an opportunity and from a hotel's perspective really no harm done, people will book or they won't.

As one of the Ducky's pointed out above, the green line makes it super easy to stay in "Minny" and train to the arena. Much easier than finding a cab after an event.

Just did a quick check St Paul for game 1 and prices do not seem to be jacked up at all. Seems pretty normal. $87-169. $169 is the hotel the Jets stay at.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Whatever floats your boat.

That one might see some price hikes though, just sayin'.

I won't be going to those games but I did a couple when I lived in the Peg and staying in St Paul on game day wasn't fantastic.

I'm holding off til we play one of the California teams in the conference final, then I may travel for a road game

Reactions: sipowicz

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I won't be going to those games but I did a couple when I lived in the Peg and staying in St Paul on game day wasn't fantastic.

I'm holding off til we play one of the California teams in the conference final, then I may travel for a road game
San Jose is a short little jaunt, that would be cool. Say hi to Neil while you're at it.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
I would 2nd that choice! Hung out there before Springsteen shows and when we would take in the odd game in Minny before return of our Jets. Happening spot...food is decent too

I’m all in for this. Might have to leave Saturday night instead of Sunday morning. Chatting on the Minnie boards, sounds like there are a few awesome spots down the street. I’d like to check out a few.

Wonder how much white I’ll run in to. Tickets were relatively easy to get and decently priced. But haven’t heard of many people making the trip.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I would 2nd that choice! Hung out there before Springsteen shows and when we would take in the odd game in Minny before return of our Jets. Happening spot...food is decent too

The place was packed full of Jets Jerseys before and after the game both times I attended games in St Paul. They even played the Guess Who between band sets.

Reactions: Sir Erdinger

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Booked The Westin downtown on Hotwire for under a hundred bucks a night split two ways. $350 on the two games (lower bowl). So for $500 US plus some gas money, why would I not go. Only thing more fun than cheering on your team in your home arena is cheering on your team in someone else’s. And in the playoffs to boot. Next round ain’t going to be as cheap and as convenient to get to ;)

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
A friend of mine bought tickets two days ago lower bowl higher up behind the net. Price was 140 plus fees and some tax was about 160 dollars US so about 600 dollars canadian

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Stay safe

Minnesota Weather: Weekend Storm Will Be A 'Triple Threat'

Rain and thunderstorms are expected to develop late Thursday before changing into ice and snow Friday.

A significant winter storm is expected Friday afternoon into Saturday evening and will likely include all precipitation types, strong winds, and blizzard conditions. Minnesota Homeland Security and Emergency Management called the storm a "triple threat."
A winter storm watch is in effect for Friday afternoon and Saturday for much of Minnesota, including the Twin Cities. Rain and thunderstorms are expected to develop late Thursday night and persist for much of the day Friday as temperatures remain in the mid 30s in central Minnesota to the lower 40s along the Minnesota Iowa border. Colder air will begin to move into central Minnesota Friday afternoon and evening, changing the precipitation to snow across central and western Minnesota.
In addition to the heavy snow, strong winds gusting between 40 to 50 mph will bring the possibility of blizzard conditions to west central Minnesota. The best chance for whiteouts will be late Friday night there.
The rain will turn to a wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet, and snow across south central and east central Minnesota, and west central Wisconsin Friday evening, before changing to all snow Saturday morning.
Total snow accumulations of 8 to 15 inches are possible across central and west central Minnesota, with totals tapering off to 3 or 6 inches across south central Minnesota and west central Wisconsin. Total ice and sleet accumulations of one to two tenths of an inch are possible across the southern third of Minnesota into west central Wisconsin.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
Stay safe

Minnesota Weather: Weekend Storm Will Be A 'Triple Threat'

Rain and thunderstorms are expected to develop late Thursday before changing into ice and snow Friday.

A significant winter storm is expected Friday afternoon into Saturday evening and will likely include all precipitation types, strong winds, and blizzard conditions. Minnesota Homeland Security and Emergency Management called the storm a "triple threat."
A winter storm watch is in effect for Friday afternoon and Saturday for much of Minnesota, including the Twin Cities. Rain and thunderstorms are expected to develop late Thursday night and persist for much of the day Friday as temperatures remain in the mid 30s in central Minnesota to the lower 40s along the Minnesota Iowa border. Colder air will begin to move into central Minnesota Friday afternoon and evening, changing the precipitation to snow across central and western Minnesota.
In addition to the heavy snow, strong winds gusting between 40 to 50 mph will bring the possibility of blizzard conditions to west central Minnesota. The best chance for whiteouts will be late Friday night there.
The rain will turn to a wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet, and snow across south central and east central Minnesota, and west central Wisconsin Friday evening, before changing to all snow Saturday morning.
Total snow accumulations of 8 to 15 inches are possible across central and west central Minnesota, with totals tapering off to 3 or 6 inches across south central Minnesota and west central Wisconsin. Total ice and sleet accumulations of one to two tenths of an inch are possible across the southern third of Minnesota into west central Wisconsin.

Son of a.... at least Merica is more “on it” when it comes to getting and keeping the interstates clear. Hopefully everything is settled by Sunday.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0921.jpg

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I would strongly recommend if you are going not planning on getting anything to eat by the Arena before the game...there are lots of places but they are all freakin packed..get something by your hotel and Transit it to the arena...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad