Speculation: Jets hunting big game. 1st rndr on table.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Idle speculation by journalists looking for clicks. Jets might be willing to give up their 1st, but it would have to be a very good value deal for Chevy, and most likely for a player that they think they have some chance of re-signing.

We dont have the space to resign anyone we acquire. It's pretty much just a rental deal at this point.

Reactions: Flair Hay

kaolinite

Oct 24, 2013
1st + Petan (+ ???)
For a Rental.
It hurts but you got to go for it.

Or you could bundle Ehlers into a more long term deal.

Nov 24, 2006
A 1C or 2C like Duchene that is signed for long term would absolutely have to see a guy like Bryan Little and his $5 million going back the other way.

Reactions: behemolari

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
A 1C or 2C like Duchene that is signed for long term would absolutely have to see a guy like Bryan Little and his $5 million going back the other way.
I don't really see any chance that Little would waive his NTC to go to Ottawa of all teams

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
What does "hunting big game" even mean? If it means, "acquiring a star player" then the Jets surely will need to put more than their 1st rounder on the table lol.

Reactions: Devonator

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I hope these Duchene/Brassard rumours just stop already. We don't need either one and there's no point in trading for either, both aren't really that good of a fit for the Jets. Stastny was a better fit than either one of them imo.

I think we need a star RHD and that's all we need to complete the puzzle, which means our 1st + Trouba would be going the other way. The two who'd make sense would be either Doughty or Pietrangelo, something like that anyway.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
His record of high level play at every level since his draft, including against men in the Finnish league, AHL and KHL?

He's not an elite prospect based on what? Your ignorance?
I don’t think he’s a top 15 prospect from his draft

member 290103

That 1st could easily snag a package out of Van. Maybe a slick emerging centre like Granlund, a rough hard nosed stay at home D like Gudbranson or a gritty playoff tested vet like a Sutter.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I still think we scoop Hayes.
If Tampa is capped out, and with Florida throwing everything at Bob and Panarin, plus Ekbland in the #1 RHD spot, maybe Trouba stays in Winnipeg after all.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I have no interest in throwing a wrench into the roster with a player trade. Some depth fillers is fine by me.

I'd love Stone long term, but Wheeler is in that spot right now.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I know this is a randor account but he's got a pretty solid track record...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190204-211110_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190204-211110_Twitter.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: Pongs21

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Hayes seems to be a possibility, Rangers have been scouting the Jets hard, both our director of Pro Scouting and our AGM have been to games in the past week.
That's slightly concerning to me. I really hope nobody from our roster is on the table. Roslo, Appleton and Lemieux are already contributors and have just begun to scratch the surface of their potential. Copp, Perreault and Tanev are all guys who step up in big games.
If we're looking at Hayes (or Zuc for that matter,) I hope we're talking about picks and lower-end prospects. Harkins, Spacek, Petan (ok he's a tweener, not a prospect). Guys who have a thing or two to work on before they can be a full-time roster player.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I don't think Jets will give up a current roster player in any trade this month.

They are going all in.

You gamble a prospect and a 1st for that.

They are a top 5 team. Any advantage from the trade deadline should be taken if a chance presents itself.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
The Jets traded their 1st last year but also had all intentions and tried their best to re-sign Stastny. I doubt that the Jets trade their 1st, and certainly not their 1st and Vesalainen for Duchene, a guy that they probably don't have a high chance of re-signing.

I would hope that if the 1st (or a good prospect) is in play, it's for a piece with term, or a player they think can fit for the medium / long term.
I said the Jets had intentions of resigning Stastny after they traded for him. By far the general consensus was he was purely acquired as short term piece, the Jets tried to get him to commit with a big big push. Obviously it didn't happen.

IMO the Jets viewed Stastny as a key piece to bolster their legitimate SC hopes. They paid what they had to because they felt he substantially improved the team and their chances for the Cup. Chevy said if Stastny had resigned there would have had to be"more surgery" to make him fit cap wise. They didn't do it blindly.

Stastny did do what hey hoped in any ways even though ultimately they did lose to Vegas. I forsee the Jets willing to part with at least similar assets to mirror that scenario. I have no doubt they would pay a premium price if they truly feel the player obtained tips the odds in their favour.

I doubt Duchene would be the guy due to the price, he most likely would only be a playoff player BUT he dramatically could improve the Jets chances and performance in the playoffs. I would not discount a move for a big name player ( Panarin Stone Duchene ) with only Stone viewed as a player to sign.

No one wants to part with young assets but a Cup win would be worth parting with a couple of top pieces, of the course the catch is that isn't all guaranteed. That is what Chevy will weigh and have decide on.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
just spit ballin here .... can the Jets use Saad ??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad