Pre-Game Talk: Jets host Canucks • Sat, Jan 30 @ 9:00 pm CT • CBC & SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I think it's fine if NHL is more on the cautious side. Plenty of Jets' players are hot right now, the team should be fine without PLD for now. And when PLD joins the team it might even have a negative impact at first if PoMo breaks Stastny line.
Lets be realistic playing 2 teams who have a combined record of 4-12-1 giving up 4 goals a game will make your lines look hot. Make no mistake the Jets need PLD too compete with the top teams.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Scheifele
Dubois
Lowry
Stastny

Gustafson only plays if one of them's injured.

I don't think any of the 4 players listed plays on the 4th line. Stastny or Dubois likely start on wing. The question is who between Perreault and Appleton do we move down to the 4th and whch player does that displace. I'm not sure if it's Gustaffson or Lewis that comes out of the line up. Assuming everyone is healthy and we add PLD.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I don't think any of the 4 players listed plays on the 4th line. Stastny or Dubois likely start on wing. The question is who between Perreault and Appleton do we move down to the 4th and whch player does that displace. I'm not sure if it's Gustaffson or Lewis that comes out of the line up. Assuming everyone is healthy and we add PLD.
now - and follow me for a moment, please - what if i would suggest that, if we do things properly, we have 4 lines that would result in not overplaying our first line?
like, what if our 4th line got 10ish minutes a game?
and what if we never had to see Connor or Scheifele or Wheeler on the PK ever ever again?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
methinks you don't understand what a negative COVID test is really telling you.
I absolutely understand - and that’s why you need to quarantine while awaiting the results - quarantine after is based on ridiculously low percentages... but whatever

Reactions: hn777

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I absolutely understand - and that’s why you need to quarantine while awaiting the results - quarantine after is based on ridiculously low percentages... but whatever
not sure if you understand.
one negative test tells us that a person is probably not COVID positive.
a second negative test tells us that a player is still probably not COVID positive. the likelihood that s/he's not COVID positive ends up being the same.
if those tests were positive, the player still quarantines. if the tests were positive, you'd trace contact with anyone s/he was in contact with, including those on the flight.
14 days and a negative test near the end means it's VERY likely the player's not positive and is VERY likely not infectious.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
anyhew, Poolman's off the COVID list. guessing he starts practising soon and will be in game shape within a week.
Heinola, we love you, buddy

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I understand everyone is excited to see PLD in the lineup but do you really want to run the risk of seeing 1/2 the Jets lineup on covid protocol just to see him in the lineup a few games early?

I deal with covid every day and currently have four of my staff either positive and off or very recently recovered, and a couple more on isolation waiting results.
When they tested positive, negative, showed symptoms, severity of illness, and recovery time have been all over the map.
Seven day quarantine and then a negative swab result will catch almost every case but not 100%.
The seven days is okay but anything less is reckless. 14 days will catch 100%

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
not sure if you understand.
one negative test tells us that a person is probably not COVID positive.
a second negative test tells us that a player is still probably not COVID positive. the likelihood that s/he's not COVID positive ends up being the same.
if those tests were positive, the player still quarantines. if the tests were positive, you'd trace contact with anyone s/he was in contact with, including those on the flight.
14 days and a negative test near the end means it's VERY likely the player's not positive and is VERY likely not infectious.
This is not a covid thread... but your interpretation of covid testing is extreme

Travel currently is mostly in this form - covid test before departing (with negative result) and then a covid test upon landing - quarantine up until those results then get a follow-up test within a certain number of days in the new country... many regions have used this successfully throughout the year

The Chinese data that has everyone worried about 30% false negatives is not good data... but we are storming ahead with it

Negative test before flight then another test and then 14 days and then a negative test - this is like lowering the speed limit to 50km/hr and everyone wearing a seat belt and a helmet and only driving in the day time... to save lives... the acceptable risk of covid (assuming the person has no symptoms obviously) is ridiculously low after two negative tests and a 5 day quarantine - no one even seems to care if anyone has the vaccine now either... strangely.

Anyway, no sense debating - we'll agree to disagree but please refrain from questioning people's 'understanding' of the pandemic.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
And wasn’t amused? :sarcasm:
giphy.gif

BigHulkingThickV

Jan 13, 2021
God forbid PLD has to sit in his apartment for a whole extra week. Our government is truly depraved for forcing him to undergo such a severe punishment!!!!!!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I understand everyone is excited to see PLD in the lineup but do you really want to run the risk of seeing 1/2 the Jets lineup on covid protocol just to see him in the lineup a few games early?

I deal with covid every day and currently have four of my staff either positive and off or very recently recovered, and a couple more on isolation waiting results.
When they tested positive, negative, showed symptoms, severity of illness, and recovery time have been all over the map.
Seven day quarantine and then a negative swab result will catch almost every case but not 100%.
The seven days is okay but anything less is reckless. 14 days will catch 100%
it's now debatable if 14 days catches 100%. think the answer's no, but it's close to 100%. close enough that 14 days is still protocol, but used in conjunction with being asymptomatic

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
it's now debatable if 14 days catches 100%. think the answer's no, but it's close to 100%. close enough that 14 days is still protocol, but used in conjunction with being asymptomatic
There's literally no reason to test if you quarantine for 14 days anyway - that's my only point. Why waste the tests...

Reactions: hn777

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
What's going on here ?? Vancouver is coming to town, and not one giraffe picture posted :huh:

Reactions: Jets 31
Nov 24, 2006
Sucks having to wait for PLD debut for so long. When is he available??

It’s kind of like Christmas when you were a kid - you get that kick ass toy but you need to wait three days until your dad gets some batteries for it.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
now - and follow me for a moment, please - what if i would suggest that, if we do things properly, we have 4 lines that would result in not overplaying our first line?
like, what if our 4th line got 10ish minutes a game?
and what if we never had to see Connor or Scheifele or Wheeler on the PK ever ever again?
Blasphemous. Wash your mouth out with soap and flagellate while you're at it. Do not question the gospel according to Maurice heretic.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad