Proposal: Jets-Golden Knights

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
If you bothered to read the rest you would know how silly you look right now.

I didn't say Vesa was not going to be a top 6 player.

That's the first thing you said. Maybe don't start out with such a statement

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

In the Jets top six. Which winger in the Jets top six do you see Vesa replacing? If you would of bother to read it all you would of understood what I was saying. Since you admit that you responded with out reading everything I wrote you are only digging a deeper hole for yourself and maybe should stop now.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
In the Jets top six. Which winger in the Jets top six do you see Vesa replacing? If you would of bother to read it all you would of understood what I was saying. Since you admit that you responded with out reading everything I wrote you are only digging a deeper hole for yourself and maybe should stop now.

Nah. I don't have time to waste with such silly opening arguments.

Top 6 is top 6. I'm not playing semantics

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Top 6 is top 6.

OK, do me a favor and read all of the orginal post. I should not of said you post was silly and I apologize for that. If you take the time to read all of my response to your post my point was that Vesa is very unlikely going to beat out any of our current players in the top six so he may have more value to the team as trade bait for a quality D prospect because he can be a top six player on another team.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
OK, do me a favor and read all of the orginal post. I should not of said you post was silly and I apologize but if you read all of my response to your post my point was that Vesa is very unlikely going to beat out any of our current players in the top six so he may have more value to the team as trade bait for a quality D prospect.

It's a pointless trade. It's like trading up on the draft to get him. Kind of like they did for logan stanley.

Happy to have vesa at 24

He's 6'4
Has good skates. Had 19 goals and 20 assists in 44 games last year in a men's league.

You just don't trade prospects for prospects. It's kind of pointless. Unless you're upgrading which the jets would not be

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
You just don't trade prospects for prospects. It's kind of pointless. Unless you're upgrading which the jets would not be

Unless you want to trade a part of your of team's strength to help a weakness of the team. Trading a valuable winger prospect on a team that is already very deep with elite wingers for a valuable D prospect for a team like the Jets that are not so deep at D makes sense.

Last edited:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Unless you want to trade a part of your of team's strength to help a weakness of the team. Trading a valuable winger prospect on a team that is already very deep with elite wingers for a valuable D prospect for a team like the Jets that are not so deep at D makes sense.

Trading aging vets who are eating salary cap make more sense

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Which aging vet do you want to trade?

Wheeler? Only vet that plays on the top six on the wing who is on pace for another 90+ season?

Little? Unless we can get a 2nd line C in return trading him does not help our D situation.

Buff? Trading D for D and losing everything that Buff brings to the table doesn't make sense.

MP? Trading him will not get much of a return. Pass his prime.

Myers? Not going to get much for him and again it is trading D for D.

The only trade that makes sense to upgrade our D prospect situation is trading Vesa+ to get a D prospect that can help.

Roslo is another player that can get a good return but the Jets need him to replace Little at 2nd C in a year or two. For me he is off the table because if he becomes the player we all think he can be at C he is un tradeable.

Lowry: He is probably rated higher among NHL GMs then on HFB people would rate him and get a good return for the Jets but he is to valuable for the Jets to trade at the this time.

That leave Vesa.

I'm not saying the Jets should trade him but if a trade for a quality D prospect comes along for him as the main piece in return I would have no issue going for it.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Wheeler? Only vet that plays on the top six on the wing who is on pace for another 90+ season?

Little? Unless we can get a 2nd line C in return trading him does not help our D situation.

Buff? Trading D for D and losing everything that Buff brings to the table doesn't make sense.

The only trade that makes sense to upgrade our D prospect situation is trading Vesa+ to get a D prospect that can help.

Roslo is another player that can get a good return but the Jets need him to replace Little at 2nd C in a year or two. For me he is off the table because if he becomes the player we all think he can be at C he is un tradeable.

Lowry: He is probably rated higher among NHL GMs then on HFB people would rate him and get a good return for the Jets but he is to valuable for the Jets to trade at the this time.

That leave Vesa.

I'm not saying the Jets should trade him but if a trade for a quality D prospect comes along for him as the main piece in return I would have no issue going for it.

If Trouba doesn't resign then he will be traded this off season and good D will most likely come our way but that still does not help us with our depth at D.

Reactions: Peggy

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

That leave Vesa.

Mp and Myers

Your suggesting we should keep our players who are regressing trade those that improving

And no it doesn't leave ves. What's the point of drafting solid prospects if you're gonna trade them? That defeats the purpose

Jets should trade ehlers too, he looks like he's regressed :/

Let's trade vesalainen and our 1st. See how that goes

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
If Trouba doesn't resign then he will be traded this off season and good D will most likely come our way but that still does not help us with our depth at D.

We don't have d depth issue right now. Still have young defensive players who are making their way up

Like i said you guys are hitting the panick button. Wanting to trade away promising blue chip prospects for position

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
We don't have d depth issue right now. Still have young defensive players who are making their way up

Like i said you guys are hitting the panick button. Wanting to trade away promising blue chip prospects for position

No panic at all. I was only saying that trading Vesa for a good D prospect is not a bad idea. That said I think the Jets are fine this year but the D may be a issue if Trouba will not resign for a price the team can afford under the cap. In this situation trading Vesa for a good D prospect would make sense since he is unlikely to be a top 6 player for the Jets. I am not saying he is not going to be a top 6 player, I just don't see him being one on the Jets as they are currently constructed.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Mp and Myers

Your suggesting we should keep our players who are regressing trade those that improving

And no it doesn't leave ves. What's the point of drafting solid prospects if you're gonna trade them? That defeats the purpose

Jets should trade ehlers too, he looks like he's regressed :/

Let's trade vesalainen and our 1st. See how that goes

Don't disagree with you but the goal is to win a cup. If trading Vesa help us to achieve this goal so be it. If the Jets can win a cup without trading him so much the better.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No panic at all. I was only saying that trading Vesa for a good D prospect is not a bad idea. That said I think the Jets are find this year but the D may be a issue if Trouba will not resign for a price the team can afford under the cap. In this situation trading Vesa for a good D prospect would make sense since he is unlikely to be a top 6 player for the Jets. I am not he is not going to be a top 6 player, I just don't see him being one on the Jets as they are currently constructed.

Doesn't vesalainen have a good 2 way game at the level he's playing at? He also has great skates, watching his high lights. He could be a flexible piece to move up and down the lines next year. Think he could be more nhl ready than roslovic by next year. Kind of like how Kyle connor stepped up last year

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Don't disagree with you but the goal is to win a cup. If trading Vesa help us to achieve this goal so be it. If the Jets can win a cup without trading him so much the better.

And if you don't win the cup you end up hurting your chances. The jets were built long term. All of the jets best players are young besides buff and wheeler who will be eating up over 16 million next year of cap space

I don't think the jets should do anything drastic this year unless it's too good to pass on. Evaluate where they're at after this season
So I don't see the value in trading for some else's prospect atm

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
This is ironic cause the first thing you said in this topic was objectively wrong and not even close to correct and then you got all offended when people corrected you :laugh: :laugh:

Why would anyone take you seriously when you don't even know how ELCs work, AND you actually get arrogant and double down when corrected multiple times?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Actually I was quite specific in my points more so than you have been. IF you will reread what I said...I pointed out that while his offensive skills are very apparent along with his skating ability being exceptional...he has quite a ways to go on his side of the puck...he's completely disinterested in going to any area for the puck where there is a chance of physicality involved...his first pass or outlet passes are sometimes very poor and in the wrong area...his positioning while coming back is suspect at times...he just doesn't think the game very well right now...Do I think in time he will be good...absolutely I do...but I don't think he will be ready at the end of this season. So you've watched him a great deal from WJC through preseason with the Wolves...very cool How many Wolves games have you seen him play in person this year? Just curious?

I haven't seen a single Chicago Wolves game in person...

...therefore I'm not allowed to comment on his play and development. :laugh:

Btw you do realize the Wolves have one of the worst home records and a pretty good road record, right? Not to mention young Brannstrom is still adjusting to a smaller ice surface. Perhaps you should take this into account ;)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
This would be a terrible trade for the Jets........ as it would create a terrible future headache at the Seattle expansion draft.

All 3 players VesaLaine / Branstrom and Hague were drafted in the 2017 draft.

All 3 players will slide there E.L.C year and have 3 years left on E.L.Cs next year, if none of them play 10 games in the N.H.L. this year.

Due to their late birthdays after Sept 15 th Brannstrom and Hague will be expansion eligible and will have to be protected. Just as Poulin on N.Y.I & Mantha on Det. Had to be protected.

Vesalaine due to his early birthday will not have to be protected in the expansion draft.

Vegas is okay due to them not having to supply a player for expansion purposes. ( other wise they would be screwed on defence trying to protect 6 defenceman in Theodore, Scmidt, Miller,McNabb, Hague and Branstrom.

Last edited:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
This is ironic cause the first thing you said in this topic was objectively wrong and not even close to correct and then you got all offended when people corrected you :laugh: :laugh:

Why would anyone take you seriously when you don't even know how ELCs work, AND you actually get arrogant and double down when corrected multiple times?

No I didn't? Lol I stood corrected and that was it. I do know how elcs work. You're the biggest homer on our board. With the most ridiculous takes on the main boards

I assumed vesalainen had to play in Europe to avoid elc purposes. Or else it seems silly to get him to develop on European on ice

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Stopped when you said vesa won't be a top 6 player

He said no such thing.

It's not at all what he said.

Top 6 is top 6. I'm not playing semantics

It's not semantics, that's not what he said. There is quite the difference between "Won't be a top 6 player" and "Won't be a top 6 player on the Jets as soon as he cracks the lineup". This is not a "potato" / "potato" scenario, the words used have context and meaning.

It's a pointless trade.

Definitely not a pointless trade. You might not agree with the point of it, but it is logical and worth consideration. Lots of teams trade prospects for prospects, it's just blue-chip prospects are traded less frequently. The Jets would be upgrading an area of need at the cost coming from an area of strength. I honestly feel like you're not giving Brannstrom enough credit.

We already have to do this to be able to sign Connor / Laine. Also, no one is trading their blue-chip prospects for "aging vets who are eating salary cap".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No we don't. Niku, Samberg, Stanley on the left. If we give up Ves I would want somebody on the right side. It's silly to create a bigger logjam on the left.

I think you are being pretty optimistic calling the Jets LD prospects a logjam. Niku is still not a sure thing to make the top 4. Samberg is not progressing and while Stanley is progressing he is still a long shot to make the NHL at any level. All 3 are very much still unproven prospects. Brannstrom would be at the top of that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad