Proposal: Jets-Golden Knights

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No we don't. Niku, Samberg, Stanley on the left. If we give up Ves I would want somebody on the right side. It's silly to create a bigger logjam on the left.
How many combined NHL games do they have again?

Nothing wrong with your second point, but heck, Samberg isn't even under contract, Stanley isn't producing like an impact player, and Niku has a lot to prove still. Our defense - and especially its future - is shaky, and additional shots at fixing it are welcomed.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017

Nothing wrong with your second point, but heck, Samberg isn't even under contract, Stanley isn't producing like an impact player, and Niku has a lot to prove still. Our defense - and especially its future - is shaky, and additional shots at fixing it are welcomed.
IMO Brannstrom wouldn't be that fix.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

How many NHL games does Brannstrom have? So, that isn't really a point for or against.

The Jets need Ves too, with the contracts we have coming up we're going to need cheap forwards. I'd rather stay the course than make a trade for the sake of making a trade as the OP proposes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To expand on my three letter response from last night, I don't really think this makes sense for either side. Just kind of seems like OP thinks it's a good idea to capitalize on the fact that Brannstrom is the fifth highest scoring defenseman in the AHL.

For that reason and because Branny was already so close to being NHL ready as it is, Vegas has less than zero reason to do this. If he can get used to playing against bigger players and add a little more zip on his shot, he's got a very strong chance to become a star at the next level. Though, for Vegas' sake, hopefully he gets better at 1 on 1 defending and along the boards.

As for Vesa, I really don't watch him but I've read good things about him so I don't see why the Jets don't wait and see how he does at the next level.

Vegas would likely want an add for a guy that they see as more or less equal to Cody Glass as the franchise's top prospect and that's not worth it at all to Winnipeg.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Ummm... how many NHL games does Brannstrom have?

Vesalainen is a top-end prospect. If the Jets trade him, they need to go after a more sure-fire solution to an area of need. At this point, Brannstrom isn't an obviously more solid solution on LD than Niku (AHL D of the year last year) or Samberg.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
As a Jets fan I would most likely do it. I don't know Brannstrom that well, but if the prospect people are correct insofar as his defense already being decent despite his size, I'd take him over Vesalainen.

I think each can be an impact player while still on ELC, but IMO D is a higher impact position than W to begin with, and definitely a bigger area of need for the Jets.

But I cannot imagine the Knights being interested in the trade though.

Reactions: TS Quint

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Brannstrom is easily a couple of years away right now at best. While he has offensive skills....he needs a lot of work in his own end. Needs to make better decisions and needs to think the Defensive side better.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Brannstrom is easily a couple of years away right now at best. While he has offensive skills....he needs a lot of work in his own end. Needs to make better decisions and needs to think the Defensive side better.

swing and a miss

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
How many NHL games does Brannstrom have? So, that isn't really a point for or against.

The Jets need Ves too, with the contracts we have coming up we're going to need cheap forwards. I'd rather stay the course than make a trade for the sake of making a trade as the OP proposes.

This is the right answer.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad