Jets goaltending discussion (part 3)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
We need a man with a head on his shoulders a nose that is simply divine
Hollywood smile and a perfect profile and with eyes that would sparkle and shine

i

;)

Well, he did only cost the Rangers $1.3MM and he's available Sunday... I just can't imagine the PR nightmare the Jets would have to deal with.

"It's a process" - Chevy

No, it would be insanity Chevy.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well, he did only cost the Rangers $1.3MM and he's available Sunday... I just can't imagine the PR nightmare the Jets would have to deal with.

"It's a process" - Chevy

No, it would be insanity Chevy.

What PR nightmare? It's only on this board that he is despised. The general public loved him. Pavy, Pavy, Pavy.

But I'm kidding. We can/should do better.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Sateri or a guy like that makes sense. Maybe Khudobin also. I see them signing a backup... A legit backup.. Not a starter.. A reliable backup. Khudobin I'll say.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Sateri or a guy like that makes sense. Maybe Khudobin also. I see them signing a backup... A legit backup.. Not a starter.. A reliable backup. Khudobin I'll say.

Khudobin is heavily rumored to sign with Dallas. This also doesn't sound like he's your typical one-year cheap backup:

Reactions: Jets4Life

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Chad Johnson?
Definitely a possibility, and he'd come cheap after an off-year. However, I thought I heard on the Illegal Curve radio show this morning that he was going to the Blues (not certain if that's what I heard, though).

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Who do we have coming to camp in the fall ( so far ) ...

Helly

and

Brossoit
Berdin
Comrie

Helly better stand on his head next season and be physically prepared to play every game.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Who do we have coming to camp in the fall ( so far ) ...

Helly

and

Brossoit
Berdin
Comrie

Helly better stand on his head next season and be physically prepared to play every game.
I agree that the goalie depth chart is looking a bit scary. Would Lehtonen be interested in signing here, considering there's a trip to his native Finland early in the season?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think $1MM, but maybe $2MM or $2.5MM. I'm sure he knows he won't be getting the same contract as the one that just expired.

Can't afford 2 million for a backup. I see them going the waiver route to get someone like Pikard in the fall.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
And now the Moose signed Ken Appleby. Looks like the waiver wire is not in Chevy's plans.

Can't say I'm happy.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Lehner signs a 1 year deal with NYI.

At this point, only three UFA goalies had a cap hit of more than $1M last season. They are:
Kari Lehtonen
Steve Mason
Ondrej Pavelec

TRIVIA QUESTION: What do those three goalies have in common?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Lehner signs a 1 year deal with NYI.

At this point, only three UFA goalies had a cap hit of more than $1M last season. They are:
Kari Lehtonen
Steve Mason
Ondrej Pavelec

TRIVIA QUESTION: What do those three goalies have in common?

They all played for this franchise. Too easy.

Reactions: Duke749

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad