Jets goaltending discussion (part 3)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I like locking up Helle. I don't like going into next season with Broissot as the #2. I don't know what the options are because after signing our other players we'll be right up against the cap, but I don't think Broissot is a goalie you run with as a #2 when you're a cup contender. Hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: Ares

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If you are making your backup Broissot as a legit contender you are a f***ing idiot.

You burn out your star goalie, and you are toast if he gets cold or injured. Beyond stupid.

Get a good veteran who can push Helle, give him some PROPER rest through the year and be an insurance policy. This Jets team could win a series with average goaltending (they did it this season).

Why is Chevy so incompetent when it comes to goaltending?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If you are making your backup Broissot as a legit contender you are a ****ing idiot.

You burn out your star goalie, and you are toast if he gets cold or injured. Beyond stupid.

Get a good veteran who can push Helle, give him some PROPER rest through the year and be an insurance policy. This Jets team could win a series with average goaltending (they did it this season).

Why is Chevy so incompetent when it comes to goaltending?
He's putting all his eggs in one Hellebasket! He may try to improve the backup down the road if necessary and depending on what happens this summer with the RFAs.

But yeah, if not for Hellebuyck panning out, I'm not terribly confident in this management team when it comes to goalies.

Reactions: Jet

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
He's putting all his eggs in one Hellebasket! He may try to improve the backup down the road if necessary and depending on what happens this summer with the RFAs.

But yeah, if not for Hellebuyck panning out, I'm not terribly confident in this management team when it comes to goalies.

Just think... we could have had both Hellebuyck and Vasilevskiy, and never had to deal with Trouba and his entourage. Roads not taken. :(

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Just think... we could have had both Hellebuyck and Vasilevskiy, and never had to deal with Trouba and his entourage. Roads not taken. :(
Well, let's not get greedy... :laugh:

But the Jets 2.0 history with goaltenders is mixed at best. If not for Hellebuyck I don't know where we'd be.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Perhaps they'll give Broissot a number of games until January, at which point if he's not working out, make a goalie acquisition a small part of a Trouba trade. Trouba for 2/3D (or 2C) + 2G

Reactions: Jet

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Perhaps they'll give Broissot a number of games until January, at which point if he's not working out, make a goalie acquisition a small part of a Trouba trade. Trouba for 2/3D (or 2C) + 2G
Hi please take Trouba for maybe a year and oh yeah our garbage back up too.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Hi please take Trouba for maybe a year and oh yeah our garbage back up too.

I wasn't including Broissot in the trade; he would be sent to Moose. Trouba trade could be like Patches trade, where it's likely an extension was pre-negotiated.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I wasn't including Broissot in the trade; he would be sent to Moose. Trouba trade could be like Patches trade, where it's likely an extension was pre-negotiated.
Oh my bad
Reading comprehension fail
Sorry Mondo:eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->