Post-Game Talk: Jets Go Wild- win 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Not sure what to make of the standing O at the end of the game....

If people were standing and applauding because this disaster and embarrassment was finally over, then OK, I can see that. But if people were actually applauding this team on a season well done, then it's obvious TNSE has been putting something in the Kool-aid at the games, because these people are all delusional.

Seems to me there were a lot of season ticket holders at the game last night (I saw a lot of people at the game I haven't seen for months that I know are season ticket holders in my section) and it really was just a "we're still happy to have a team, thanks for a dominant win to end the season" sort of ovation. Given how few people showed up regularly in the month prior I don't think a lot of season ticket holders were delusional, they all bailed, which is a whole other discussion. It was an enjoyable game from a Jets fan perspective. I don't think anyone was considering it from a season long perspective whatsoever.

Much as I'd prefer to not have the two points,when I'm at the game I always want my team to win.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I wouldn't worry about Ehlers. The kid is finding his way nicely. He has the occasional tendency to be a little too cute but overall he is playing very well and not out of place on the Jets #1 line who has been filling the net lately. IMO he will find a really nice balance in his game and I think we are already starting to see it. His future is very bright.

I am so impressed with his game. The past 3 years or so I had some doubts as to whether his game would translate to the NHL, but this is clearly a smart, mature player who knows what he needs to do to for success in the NHL. Right now, I think he might be the brightest light in the entire organization.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That's the thing about Burmi, he needs a great coach or great line mates or this or that. It feels like he always needs someone to cater to him to get the best out of him. At least this season.

I think Burmi is generally fine in his own zone.

Stafford is an absolute train-wreck in his own zone. Unless he's with other very good defensive players, he can really drag a line down defensively.

(By the way, is it just me or is the new pop-up ad the most annoying of all time?)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just don't see how our coaching and management can't see what we all see .... that Stuart SUCKS !!!! He was far and away the worst player on the ice for both teams !!! He has absolutely no place on this team anymore , he better get moved this off season ... i don't care how .

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Seems to me there were a lot of season ticket holders at the game last night (I saw a lot of people at the game I haven't seen for months that I know are season ticket holders in my section) and it really was just a "we're still happy to have a team, thanks for a dominant win to end the season" sort of ovation. Given how few people showed up regularly in the month prior I don't think a lot of season ticket holders were delusional, they all bailed, which is a whole other discussion. It was an enjoyable game from a Jets fan perspective. I don't think anyone was considering it from a season long perspective whatsoever.

Much as I'd prefer to not have the two points,when I'm at the game I always want my team to win.

I think that's pretty bang on and align with my observations as well. I think I donated like 4 pairs to some of my cousins for social prizes in the last two months so for me it was very much happy to have the team back and lets get at em next year.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Trouba was really good despite carrying around that boat anchor D partner.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I thought the standing O last night was in salute to that retiring linesman again, seemed to me that's what everyone was doing when all the players from both teams went to shake his hand.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I thought the standing O last night was in salute to that retiring linesman again, seemed to me that's what everyone was doing when all the players from both teams went to shake his hand.

No, he got a standing O in the last tv timeout. It was just an end-of-season win standing O. They played pretty well.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
No, he got a standing O in the last tv timeout. It was just an end-of-season win standing O. They played pretty well.

Well I was there and I was clapping for him, not for another crappy season. Glad they won mind you but no need for phony send offs.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Well I was there and I was clapping for him, not for another crappy season. Glad they won mind you but no need for phony send offs.

I think people were primarily cheering for the game/team, at least all around my section.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah. I actually thought Pominville wasn't playing until late in the third.

Same here - I noticed him skate around the net late in the game and I was like "Right! Pominville plays for the Wild!" He's making $6.25M next year (and he's signed 'til 2019). Wonder if they buy him out this summer...

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia

It only would have been phony if you did it, or somebody else who thought like you. for other people, they could be genuinely cheering their team despite a poor overall season. mostly though, I think they were applauding seeing a great effort by the team at the end of a lost season, cheering the result of the game.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
As far as I could tell, the team never mailed it in the entire season, so were worthy of a standing O. Its not their fault if they're a few players short of being a playoff contender.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It only would have been phony if you did it, or somebody else who thought like you. for other people, they could be genuinely cheering their team despite a poor overall season. mostly though, I think they were applauding seeing a great effort by the team at the end of a lost season, cheering the result of the game.

Listen, I cheered my ass off the whole game, despite the anti tank result I loved watching them beat the Wild. If people are genuinely cheering them give a good effort that's fine but a big standing O at the end is akin to chants of Paavy and Stuuu imo.

Sorry, not a big believer than pro athletes need the "good try" participant ribbon, it's false praise. But hey, to each their own.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I agree with the standing ovation.

You should cheer effort. Bad seasons or tanking due to roster holes is becoming inevitable in the new NHL, as the cap and draft will make success more cyclical in nature. During these seasons, the players can only do their best with what they got.

Mailing it in, in a tank season or otherwise, deserves scorn. When a young developing team shows up and competes to the best of their ability, that deserves praise regardless of the season record.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I agree with the standing ovation.

You should cheer effort. Bad seasons or tanking due to roster holes is becoming inevitable in the new NHL, as the cap and draft will make success more cyclical in nature. During these seasons, the players can only do their best with what they got.

Mailing it in, in a tank season or otherwise, deserves scorn. When a young developing team shows up and competes to the best of their ability, that deserves praise regardless of the season record.

I agree with this. The line-up they applauded included...

Postma, Melchiori, Halischuk, Petan, Armia and Dano. Can't really blame them or the other players for the low finish. I haven't had a problem with the players' effort this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad