Post-Game Talk: Jets Go Wild- win 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Anybody go down to The Forks for Hometown Hockey? would like to hear anybody's experience with that.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Ehlers needs to start shooting the puck more like he was at the beginning of the season, he was EK9 esque in shooting at the beginning of the season but now seems Enstrom esque. He had a few good chances to shoot today but elected to pass or skate with the puck a bit more

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets hammered the Wild tonight. They were clearly the better team.

Loved the SEW line. Also Copp and his line were terrific again. Stuart is terrible. Burmi's pass to begin the Scheifele PP goal was a thing of beauty - so was Ehlers' pass to Scheif.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ehlers needs to start shooting the puck more like he was at the beginning of the season, he was EK9 esque in shooting at the beginning of the season but now seems Enstrom esque. He had a few good chances to shoot today but elected to pass or skate with the puck a bit more

Sort of... but that line is hitting on all cylinders right now. Man, they look strong.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Slightly off track, but what a piece of **** the NHL site has become. After the game I wanted to see what the shots on goal were. Went there and bounced around for a couple of minutes . Couldn't find it. (maybe too many scotches?) anyway went elsewhere and found the info.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets hammered the Wild tonight. They were clearly the better team.

Loved the SEW line. Also Copp and his line were terrific again. Stuart is terrible. Burmi's pass to begin the Scheifele PP goal was a thing of beauty - so was Ehlers' pass to Scheif.

The Burmi line + Stuart/Trouba were owned by the Wild though.

image.jpg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Actually, I think the Corsi stats tonight don't really reflect the play on the ice. The Jets owned the Wild, Corsi or not.

They imposed their will thats for certain. Stuart dragged everyone he played with down tonight skewing everything.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Even though I am of the tank crowd, I really enjoyed this game.

Schefiele is good. Ehlers is good.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Often missed side effect of winning instead of tanking: it pumps up trade value of prospects seeing NHL ice time and succeeding.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Loved watching that game. It was just fun. Now I have to live with the 2 points. Sigh.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Ok. Last win of the season? We've dealt with your bull**** all season, Jets. You did the fans a solid by winning the last home game, now do them a bigger favour by losing out the entire Cali trip.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

In a game where he got two assists, that critic seems a bit out of place?

I haven't watched Jets that much lately, so you might be right. The timing just seems odd.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
In a game where he got two assists, that critic seems a bit out of place?

I haven't watched Jets that much lately, so you might be right. The timing just seems odd.

I wouldn't worry about Ehlers. The kid is finding his way nicely. He has the occasional tendency to be a little too cute but overall he is playing very well and not out of place on the Jets #1 line who has been filling the net lately. IMO he will find a really nice balance in his game and I think we are already starting to see it. His future is very bright.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i just want someone to ask PoMo about his thoughts of Stuart's Corsi.
hey, Minuk, can you do it? please?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well if you gotta win that's the way to do it. I allowed myself to enjoy the moment and it was pretty special.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Not sure what to make of the standing O at the end of the game....

If people were standing and applauding because this disaster and embarrassment was finally over, then OK, I can see that. But if people were actually applauding this team on a season well done, then it's obvious TNSE has been putting something in the Kool-aid at the games, because these people are all delusional.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I disagree.

Burmi has continued to grow his game.

He will never be a top scorer, but he can stickhandle in a phonebooth.

A great coach can find a place for him on the 2019 Stanley Cup winners.

Never said he wasn't. I agree.

Didn't say he was going to be. I know this.

He never gave up ... he dived in front of the empty net to try to block the shot.

I know. And it was good to see. But I'm talking about when Suter went into the corner and everyone came back. Burmi was taking away the far wall to prevent a pass to the point but I believe no one was there. It allowed someone to get into the slot and keep possession for the Wild. Stafford took some heat for the bad turnover but I believe Burmi made the wrong read.

I thought the same on the replay. Didnt seem like he should have been around the boards at that moment.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that play.

You're right. He had a good game.

Unfortunately, he had a realy high draft spot, and no one will really forgive him for that.

If he was the hidden jewel in the 7th round, we would never hear the end of his praises.

I hope this isn't in response to my list because it makes little sense. I assume it's a general statement? I tend to agree with it.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Not sure what to make of the standing O at the end of the game....

If people were standing and applauding because this disaster and embarrassment was finally over, then OK, I can see that. But if people were actually applauding this team on a season well done, then it's obvious TNSE has been putting something in the Kool-aid at the games, because these people are all delusional.

Maybe because the Jets just won the game?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I disagree.

Burmi has continued to grow his game.

He will never be a top scorer, but he can stickhandle in a phonebooth.

A great coach can find a place for him on the 2019 Stanley Cup winners.

That's the thing about Burmi, he needs a great coach or great line mates or this or that. It feels like he always needs someone to cater to him to get the best out of him. At least this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad