Post-Game Talk: Jets Go Wild- win 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Jets wrap up home schedule with 5-1 win

mmm, beating the Wild....delicious....

well, creating work for the mods is my forte. 2 PGT'S!!

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
That's how you end a season in your building. Loved the effort by all tonight, even Pavs was doing pretty good for the most part. Our response to their one goal took the wind right out of their sails.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Wanted to comment on Burmi for a second. Glad he was able to contribute on the PP. Was nice to see. But overall I thought he had a rough game. Lot of offensive turnovers. And did anyone else notice where he was defensively on that goal when Suter went to the corner? He went to take away the boards but I am pretty sure no one was there as that would have been Suters spot. Lead to a pass to a Wild player in the slot between him and Postma. And Postma already had someone in front with him. Looked like a missed read.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Winning while tanking is like eating pizza while dieting. You know it's wrong in the long term but the taste is so damn good

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think a lot of Burmi's trouble was playing with Stuart Trouba.

Stuart was corsi -14

Almost every time he was on the ice I yelled screamed laughed and :facepalm:

Last edited:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-bench-April-3-2016-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Thorburn, Copp and Stafford.

To listen click here.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I know the 2 pts isn't the greatest result but, especially when you're in attendance, a win in the final home game is pretty nice.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Wanted to comment on Burmi for a second. Glad he was able to contribute on the PP. Was nice to see. But overall I thought he had a rough game. Lot of offensive turnovers. And did anyone else notice where he was defensively on that goal when Suter went to the corner? He went to take away the boards but I am pretty sure no one was there as that would have been Suters spot. Lead to a pass to a Wild player in the slot between him and Postma. And Postma already had someone in front with him. Looked like a missed read.

I disagree.

Burmi has continued to grow his game.

He will never be a top scorer, but he can stickhandle in a phonebooth.

A great coach can find a place for him on the 2019 Stanley Cup winners.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

He never gave up ... he dived in front of the empty net to try to block the shot.

boanst

May 25, 2013

I thought the same on the replay. Didnt seem like he should have been around the boards at that moment.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
He never gave up ... he dived in front of the empty net to try to block the shot.

You're right. He had a good game.

Unfortunately, he had a realy high draft spot, and no one will really forgive him for that.

If he was the hidden jewel in the 7th round, we would never hear the end of his praises.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Stu is honestly so bad. We clearly outplayed them this game and he was just awful. Poor Trouba having to play with him, and he has 2 more years with a NTC. Someday Pavs and Stu won't be on this team and I will be so much happier.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Yup, they just got beat a team fielding half a team of AHL players and guys who should never see another game in the NHL after this season is done.

Thank god this brutal ass season is almost done, can't stand watching this team flounder much more.

Bring on the draft.....and make some required changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad