Confirmed Trade: Jets go big and rent 5 players today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think the importance of defensive depth is prettt understated. If you guys have a couple of injuries on the backend you’ll be just fine which is a prettt big strength to have. All very low risk moves for depth.

Hayes was a good move for the Jets, he fits their mould. Overall good day for the jets barring what they gave up
I agree. Calgary's Treliving said, going into the draft, that the one thing he was positively going to do was add a left side depth defenseman even though the Flames will likely go into the playoffs with 9 before the add (4 left side and 5 right side).
Not sure though why Chevy decided that he needed 7 on the left side. Seems like a little overkill to me.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Nope, you did (ie you read my post, then clicked my profile to see my team, and posted the above reply)

I was making a statement about the general dynamics and standards on Hfboards. The fact that that was the conclusion you came to is telling. It says it all.

Now Jet away
Hfboards has standards??

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Inclined to disagree with that last, but we'd be going off on a tangent. :dunno:

The Hayes trade doesn't make me nervous; it's more of a "yep, that was a good move, well played".

Aside from Forsberg, I see what he’s getting at. The Predators have a very balanced and deep lineup, but lack elite talents.

Reactions: Cellee

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Nope, you did (i.e. you read my post, then clicked my profile to see my team, and posted the above reply)

I was making a statement about the general dynamics and standards on Hfboards. The fact that that was the conclusion you came to is telling. It says it all actually.

Now Jet away

Typical obsessed Leaves fan.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I agree. Calgary's Treliving said, going into the draft, that the one thing he was positively going to do was add a left side depth defenseman even though the Flames will likely go into the playoffs with 9 before the add (4 left side and 5 right side).
Not sure though why Chevy decided that he needed 7 on the left side. Seems like a little overkill to me.
jomo/morrow/buff are all out right now and kuli gets injured alot so better to be safe than sorry

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Why is this thread being posted on the main board instead of the Jets board ?

(See what I did there?)
I created this thread because at the end of the day I kept seeing the Winnipeg Jets name pop up in multiple transactions and this is unusual for Chevaldayoff. They had 6 separate trades which has got to be more than anyone else. Five were for NHL players and one was for an AHL'er. I thought it worth commenting on since adding 5 players to a roster of 23 is a significant change... particularly to a team that's as good as the Jets and is/was a serious cup contender before the adds.
I'm also not a member of the Jets community so naturally I wouldn't post on the Jets subforum.

Reactions: Crazy Monkey

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Typical obsessed Leaves fan.

Clever rebuttal. Send me a PM if you want examples of obsessed

It's hilarious because my original post wouldn't have been an issue with you if I supported a different team

Last edited:

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
I created this thread because at the end of the day I kept seeing the Winnipeg Jets name pop up in multiple transactions and this is unusual for Chevaldayoff. They had 6 separate trades which has got to be more than anyone else. Five were for NHL players and one was for an AHL'er. I thought it worth commenting on since adding 5 players to a roster of 23 is a significant change... particularly to a team that's as good as the Jets and is/was a serious cup contender before the adds.
I'm also not a member of the Jets community so naturally I wouldn't post on the Jets subforum.

I think it's a great thread actually (even if it was Jets-centric). Wish there were more of these on the main forum. I like seeing all of the different opinions from different fan bases that you don't get on each individual team board

Was just making a general statement with my post

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Arvidsson isn't elite? He scores at a high rate for someone that isn't elite. Also, saying we lack elite talents must just be talking about up front, since our top 4 is tops in the league.

Yes, the top-6 forwards.

So you mean to tell me that Arvedsson is on a level with Crosby, Kucherov, Stamkos, Mallon, Ovechkin, Tavares, Panarin, Kane, McDavid, MacKinnon, etc?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Arvidsson isn't elite? He scores at a high rate for someone that isn't elite. Also, saying we lack elite talents must just be talking about up front, since our top 4 is tops in the league.
Perfect moment for the “define elite / generational” post, then sit back and watch people slug it out....

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yes, the top-6 forwards.

So you mean to tell me that Arvedsson is on a level with Crosby, Kucherov, Stamkos, Mallon, Ovechkin, Tavares, Panarin, Kane, McDavid, MacKinnon, etc?
Arvidsson. And not on all around level but how many Jets do you think are on that level?

Elite, high end, generational. Those are all labels that have no real meaning, and I'm not getting into all that.

On a strictly goal scoring level, I think Arvy is one of the tops in the league and his 26 goals in only 41 games backs that up.

The unique way we're built though, means all 5 players on the ice are going to contribute offensively, not just the forwards. Just like all 5 are going to play in the defensive zone too, not just the defensemen.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
It's a good one, to be sure. I'd be more complimentary but, well, the Preds are my #2 team so I hope y'all crash and burn. Love! :heart: ;)

Still down right surprised Boston only added Johansson. I got Columbus beating Tampa Bay. They are gonna be my dark horse this playoffs.

Columbus is gonna be like the mighty Ducks in 03, who thought all was lost. And then they went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Arvidsson. And not on all around level but how many Jets do you think are on that level?

Elite, high end, generational. Those are all labels that have no real meaning, and I'm not getting into all that.

On a strictly goal scoring level, I think Arvy is one of the tops in the league and his 26 goals in only 41 games backs that up.

The unique way we're built though, means all 5 players on the ice are going to contribute offensively, not just the forwards. Just like all 5 are going to play in the defensive zone too, not just the defensemen.

But you did get into that. You mentioned Arvedsson’s name when I posted.

So instead of dodging the question, answer it... do you think Arvedsson is on their level?

It’s cut and dry, yes or no.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Still down right surprised Boston only added Johansson. I got Columbus beating Tampa Bay. They are gonna be my dark horse this playoffs.

Columbus is gonna be like the mighty Ducks in 03, who thought all was lost. And then they went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Don't forget Coyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad