Winnipeg Jets Acquire:
Kevin Hayes · $5,175,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Heh. "Go big". Heh heh heh. Sure. Y'all opted to "go big".
pat.gif

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
It's a good one, to be sure. I'd be more complimentary but, well, the Preds are my #2 team so I hope y'all crash and burn. Love! :heart: ;)
Nothing the Preds did makes me nervous.

We weren't looking the flip our whole roster, like Nashville was rumoured to be.

They still lack high end skill in a big way.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nothing the Preds did makes me nervous.

We weren't looking the flip our whole roster, like Nashville was rumoured to be.

They still lack high end skill in a big way.
Inclined to disagree with that last, but we'd be going off on a tangent. :dunno:

The Hayes trade doesn't make me nervous; it's more of a "yep, that was a good move, well played".

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Interesting that we seem to want as many 3LHD as possible

Morrissey Buff
Niku Trouba
Kulikov Myers
Chiarot
Morrow
Beaulieu
Kiselevich

Seems a little lopsided

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Hayes is the only one that really moves the needle for the Jets tbh. However, the other guys do add to the depth for a deep playoff run, which is really useful.

Reactions: Hobby Bull and dood

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hayes obviously is the only significant move, the rest are just depth moves preparing for the playoffs (Petan trade was a favour to him, to give him a chance to make a team....he wasn't going to break into our top 12 anytime soon). Hayes filled multi needs:

- Offensive playing making left handed centre

- Very good defensively

- Rental

- Big body

- Obviously plays the PP, but more importantly he plays on the PK well, lightening the duties on Mark S so he doesn't get hurt on PK or tired from so much ice time going into the playoffs.

- Brings some experience from both regular season & post season to the youngest team in the NHL.

Best part of this TDL, Jets gave up zero A or B prospects or any key ELC's next year when the Jets are going to desperately going to need them. Not sure I would use the words "Jets go big", but the Jets had a very good TDL.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Feels like renting this many players could hurt chemistry. Changes the dynamics of the whole room. Seems like adding 1 or 2 guys helps uplift the room, adding 5 seems almost offensive. Like, “hey, I don’t believe in you guys so I’m going to add an additional 20% of players.”

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Interesting that we seem to want as many 3LHD as possible

Morrissey Buff
Niku Trouba
Kulikov Myers
Chiarot
Morrow
Beaulieu
Kiselevich

Seems a little lopsided

I think the importance of defensive depth is prettt understated. If you guys have a couple of injuries on the backend you’ll be just fine which is a prettt big strength to have. All very low risk moves for depth.

Hayes was a good move for the Jets, he fits their mould. Overall good day for the jets barring what they gave up

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
TSN going on and on about oh look at Winnipeg they made 6 trades today, when the Hayes trade is the only one of good value. The others are all depth, which is fine for what it is, but they didn't "Go Big" or "Load Up" on the actual deadline day. They didn't need to either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->