Post-Game Talk: Jets get demolished in home opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Really? Cuz I don't think I can be any more impatient with the jets

The line ups and play style are what bother me the most
You'd rather see them hemmed in their own end and dominated for the full 60 minutes?

I don't really understand. At least the way the Jets chart looked its not hopeless

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You'd rather see them hemmed in their own end and dominated for the full 60 minutes?

I don't really understand. At least the way the Jets chart looked its not hopeless

With the coach we have it seems pretty hopeless
The chart doesn't change the score much
10-1
7-2

Both are blow outs, Both would suck to watch
Pick your poison lol
I'd rather have neither
But I'd rather lose to the better team i were going to lose

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
With the coach we have it seems pretty hopeless
The chart doesn't change the score much
10-1
7-2

Both are blow outs, Both would suck to watch
Pick your poison lol
I'd rather have neither
But I'd rather lose to the better team i were going to lose

You are missing the point.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Or you're missing my perspective

I understand the chart says Winnipeg played better(correct?)

But I'd still rather lose to Chicago lol

Why would you rather lose to a division rival in a 4 point game? If you choose 1 game to win out of the two it's a central division game every time IMI

Reactions: Spock

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Or you're missing my perspective

I understand the chart says Winnipeg played better(correct?)

But I'd still rather lose to Chicago lol
It is illogical to prefer to lose to a team in your own division over a team outside of your conference.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
The Leafs took Pickard. I said that winnipeg should grab him up. The team that spanked us 7 to 2 goes and picks him up.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The Leafs took Pickard. I said that winnipeg should grab him up. The team that spanked us 7 to 2 goes and picks him up.

Do you think we should have given up a prospect and a pick for him and then what? Send him to Jacksonville?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Do you think we should have given up a prospect and a pick for him and then what? Send him to Jacksonville?

Actually, we'd have had to send Comrie down. Both Hutchinson and Pickard are off ELC contracts, so they cannot be sent to ECHL without their consent. Guys who spent last year in NHL are not giving consent to go to ECHL.

Pickard and Hutch would most certainly be by a light year the best goaltending combo in the AHL for the Moose though :laugh:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Actually, we'd have had to send Comrie down. Both Hutchinson and Pickard are off ELC contracts, so they cannot be sent to ECHL without their consent. Guys who spent last year in NHL are not giving consent to go to ECHL.

Pickard and Hutch would most certainly be by a light year the best goaltending combo in the AHL for the Moose though :laugh:

Forgot about that and since both Hutch and Packard live in Winnipeg in the offseason good luck convincing one of them to go to Florida. At least until January ;)

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It is illogical to prefer to lose to a team in your own division over a team outside of your conference.

Yeah, but the competitor in me would rather lose to a worthy challenge than someone you should be able to beat

Yes Toronto isn't a bad team,but Chicago is still one of the better teams in the league and are 3 time champions
Would rather lose to 3 time champions than a team you should beat

Why would you rather lose to a division rival in a 4 point game? If you choose 1 game to win out of the two it's a central division game every time IMI

Still not seeing my perspective

I agree with you, it's better to lose to someone outside of your own division
But it's Toronto. You got handed to by a bubble team. Good luck

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Did you see the chart that showed where the Jets were shooting from and where the Leafs were shooting from? Jets- perimeter, Leafs- in front of the net.

Why would anyone want to see them hemmed in their own end?

Reactions: david999

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Did you see the chart that showed where the Jets were shooting from and where the Leafs were shooting from? Jets- perimeter, Leafs- in front of the net.

You mean this one?

IMG_3479.jpg

I''m not going to count them but it looks to me like the Jets got more than the Leafs out of "home plate"

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I was saying this whole time that Halak would've been an excellent pick up, but they went out and got Steve Mason...

I'll just hope that a Mason for Halak trade happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad