Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Lets speculate on the speculation:

The jets will not re sign james wright

Mind = blown

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I will SO infract you! Spill it!

See guys? This is why you must vote to make me mod. I wouldn't threaten with an infraction. I would continuously give truck infractions until he spilled the beans!

#Romangformoderator

P.S. Seriously though. Spill it!

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Come on Truck, spill 'em...

400_F_16477872_6lAbxpz0qXjySyYW28e7pU4BIZk7P3pL.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's the one.

Central Scouting is not the be all end all.

I checked out some other ratings lists too. I didn't find one that rated him at #9 but nothing against him just some pretty promising players rated at or near #9.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He is "one" of the many guys I like in the 2nd tier but feel free to plug in your guy at the 9 spot, I was just using that as an example.

In the event of that NYI trade happening I'd be inclined to pick a defenseman with one of the 1st rd picks. Fleury is the 2nd highest rated D. Central scouting has him at #9 among NA skaters. I'd take him 9th. With the 5th I'd take Draisaitle if he's available or Dal Colle or Virtanen.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In the event of that NYI trade happening I'd be inclined to pick a defenseman with one of the 1st rd picks. Fleury is the 2nd highest rated D. Central scouting has him at #9 among NA skaters. I'd take him 9th. With the 5th I'd take Draisaitle if he's available or Dal Colle or Virtanen.

Fair enough. I would just go BPA and let the chips fall where they may as time plays out.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Everyone is available at the right price . This doesn't mean an INCREDIBLE overpayment , but one that makes sense and makes the Jets better as Chevy sees it . Is a Bogosian trade likely? no , just like a Kane trade isn't , but possible? I think so .

I would part with Bogosian before Kane all day , every day , if the return was roughly even. Not one doubt about that for me.

If the return was nearly even, yes but there is a similar danger of the guy you traded blossoming somewhere else. That is always going to be the case if you trade good young players.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
not a good idea to go on central scouting's list. Any of the "lists" out there are generally good for ball-parking but that's about it. an 8 slot jump is not enough to get concerned about especially when there's as much parity as their is supposed to be this draft.

This year especially, many MANY scouts have already gone on record saying there's very little separation in picks outside of the top 6 or 7.

add in a heavy dose of "I do what I want" drafting by chevy and there's no point picking a favorite or getting your hopes up about guy whose "supposed" to be there at our range.

True. Chevy has a pattern of successfully drafting players higher than they are rated. On the other hand the Oilers have drafted the 'consensus' picks and where has it got them so far.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
BREAKING: The Winnipeg Jets will sign at least one player on, or after July 1st.

Knowing Chevy that might not even happen :sarcasm:

So are we interested in Brad Richards? I think he might be an interesting addition.

Something like:

Ladd - Richards - Little
Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Byfuglien - Acquisition - Frolik
Lipon - O'Dell - Tangradi
Slater

Enstrom - Trouba
Stuart - Bogosian
Morrissey - Pardy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.