Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Continue here :nod:

Previous posts:

Apparently Linden was on Van radio today and said more teams are looking to move down than move up right now. It could drive the price down for moving up, if Chevy is so inclined.

That would be huge. And I thought my valuation was good for us. Wow. I'd take that obviously if it was available.

I don't see how the Islanders think about that though. Sure Kane should put up more points than Strome or Nelson, but how many more? The 5th is a pretty decent premium IMO for that difference, and we get to swap Clitsome for DeHann?

this instead of the anaheim trade i'm suggesting here would work too....

This suggestion probably will get me crucified buuuutttt, as much as I love Wheeler I think we should trade him. I feel like we could get a king's ransom for him in a trade and he is a few years too old for the ideal core we need to build around.. I doubt both happen, but I would love to see something like IF both he and buff were traded:

Buff to ANA, DSP + 10th + ??? to WPG
Wheeler to Pitt, Maatta + Sutter + 2014 (15?) 1st to WPG.

This leaves our lineup like this:
Ladd/Litte/Frolik
Kane/Sheif/???
???/Sutter/DSP
Klingberg/Slater/Tango (peluso)

Enstrom/Trouba
Maatta/Bogo
Morrissey/Stu
One of our dozen bubble D-men

I realize that line-up will get killed this year (cap total probably in the 55-60ish range)
but that gets us a better chance at McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes and then our prospect pool looks pretty strong with additions of lets say Larkin and Ehlers or something for fun. In 3 years you have this tho (with almost everyone being 22-28)

Kane/Sheif/Ehlers
Ladd/Little/Frolik
Larkin/Sutter (Petan?)/Kosmo
Lipon/Lowry (Copp?)/Klingberg

Maatta/Trouba
Morrissey/Bogo
???/Stu :help:

I can see that roster being a contender for years- obviously players become worth too much so we trade for picks and replenish the 3rd line with youth ELCs every couple years. This also doesn't include the 2015 draft picks we would have..

That would be hard to understand. Looking at their roster they could use him and Postma too.

If this deal were done Buff would be on their 1st pair ahead of Hamonic.

I'm beginning to warm to this idea which probably means it has no chance of happening but I would throw in Postma if necessary to get it done.

BqlwJuRCYAE4vV3.png:large

@garrethohl · 4m
Looks like B. Richards still has value as 2nd line player and Booth + M. Richards as 3rd line players *IF* at the right $ amount.

Yup as I said, I figured they'd want Buff too, but more than one Islanders fan openly said "We don't want Buff".

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Brad Richards can still be an effective no. 2 centre, but can he do it when it counts most, as the playoffs stretch on? because he appeared to wear down as the playoffs went on this year. He would however be a terrific no. 3 on a contender where he could save some of his energy/game for the postseason, or if he could rotate in a no. 2/3 centre role on a contender, that may be ideal too.

All in all, he's still a quality player but was caught on the wrong side of a contract the Rangers had to buy out due to the new CBA. If not now, it could have really hurt them later on.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Brad Richards can still be an effective no. 2 centre, but can he do it when it counts most, as the playoffs stretch on? because he appeared to wear down as the playoffs went on this year. He would however be a terrific no. 3 on a contender where he could save some of his energy/game for the postseason, or if he could rotate in a no. 2/3 centre role on a contender, that may be ideal too.

All in all, he's still a quality player but was caught on the wrong side of a contract the Rangers had to buy out due to the new CBA. If not now, it could have really hurt them later on.

I think it's more likely the fact that he's playing against increasingly better teams.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Not sure I agree with the wear down or energy thing.
I think he was just an overpaid guy and so expectations were wrong.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Isn't this the second time Brad Richards has been bought out (previously by Tampa)?

I don't think so. Didn't he just play out his contract and become a UFA?

Vinny was bought out last year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Originally Posted by ps241
Our young core would be:

Scheifele 21, Strome 21, Dalle Colle 18, Larkin 18, Trouba 20, Morrissey 19, Nelson 22 Bogosian 23. Plus you have the prospect group to support.

Is this Larkin you mention the same one as is rated #17 for NA skaters by Central Scouting? Are you touting him for our 9th? If so I think there should be better prospects available at #9, Perlini or Fleury for example.

jetkarma*

He's an anvil with his skating , that is only going to get worse imo .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is this Larkin you mention the same one as is rated #17 for NA skaters by Central Scouting? Are you touting him for our 9th? If so I think there should be better prospects available at #9, Perlini or Fleury for example.

He is "one" of the many guys I like in the 2nd tier but feel free to plug in your guy at the 9 spot, I was just using that as an example.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Snow's made the same trade demand in previous yrs: a high end young talent for his 1st.Snow is not looking to package his top young nhlers or top prospects.

The press says he's offering the 5th overall.

Below is a link to Snow's comments. Imo he would have interest in Bogo(who Jet fans have said is not available). Zero interest in Big Buff.
https://twitter.com/alerner31
Aaron Lerner @alerner31 · Jun 18
"We are actively shopping the pick. It would have to be a young player with term on his contract. Some1 who can play with Johhny or a top D"

jetkarma*

Snow's made the same trade demand in previous yrs: a high end young talent for his 1st.Snow is not looking to package his top young nhlers or top prospects.

Below is a link to Snow's comments. Imo he would have interest in Bogo(who Jet fans have said is not available). Zero interest in Big Buff.
"We are actively shopping the pick. It would have to be a young player with term on his contract. Some1 who can play with Johhny or a top D"

Everyone is available at the right price . This doesn't mean an INCREDIBLE overpayment , but one that makes sense and makes the Jets better as Chevy sees it . Is a Bogosian trade likely? no , just like a Kane trade isn't , but possible? I think so .

I would part with Bogosian before Kane all day , every day , if the return was roughly even. Not one doubt about that for me.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Everyone is available at the right price . This doesn't mean an INCREDIBLE overpayment , but one that makes sense and makes the Jets better as Chevy sees it . Is a Bogosian trade likely? no , just like a Kane trade isn't , but possible? I think so .

I would part with Bogosian before Kane all day , every day , if the return was roughly even. Not one doubt about that for me.

Depending upon the return, I would as well. I don't think Bogo will ever be the player the Jets want him to be nor do I see him being any better than he is right now. IMO I just don't ever see him being a star. Nothing wrong with that.... but what you see is what you get.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm still hopeful on Bogosian. I think he spent sufficient time injured since coming from Atlanta, for various reasons but notably with his wrist injury, that I think it effectively set him back. I think he lost his rhythm and has yet to get it back. A full, solid season, assuming he can stay healthy, and I think he shows as a solid 2nd pairing guy. I do think Trouba has effectively leapfrogged him to the first line, but let's see how his sophomore season goes first. Agreed though, Bogosian is very unlikely to win a Norris.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

That's fine. Odds are likely that the Islanders keep the pick.

But there have been other rumors about the Islanders being interested in Buff. Just because you don't want him doesn't mean that the Islanders don't. If the 5th doesn't count as a "major rebuilding token", that's fine. Strome, Nelson, Lee, DeHann, and Reinhart could be considered as major rebuilding tokens.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=59174

Last edited:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

not a good idea to go on central scouting's list. Any of the "lists" out there are generally good for ball-parking but that's about it. an 8 slot jump is not enough to get concerned about especially when there's as much parity as their is supposed to be this draft.

This year especially, many MANY scouts have already gone on record saying there's very little separation in picks outside of the top 6 or 7.

add in a heavy dose of "I do what I want" drafting by chevy and there's no point picking a favorite or getting your hopes up about guy whose "supposed" to be there at our range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad