Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, that's for sure. I like Smid right now above Pardy, Stuart, Redmond, Postma, and Clitsome. He's only ever played on awful teams. I'd like to see what he can do on a good one

I don't know if he'd accept a two-way contract...

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Do any of you guys have an opinion on what it would take the Sabres to acquire Bryan Little?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Do any of you guys have an opinion on what it would take the Sabres to acquire Bryan Little?

Probably a lot more than he's worth.

With Little we have 2 players who are proven top9 centers signed or controlled beyond this year.

Without... ya...

He's also incredibly underrated as he takes the toughest minutes on the team and still tends to come on top.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

It would require waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than would make sense for the Sabres to part with.

Little is the Jets 1st line center. He is signed long term and has some form of NTC. His age fits more/less with the Jets current core. There really is no point in the Jets trading him unless they are getting a pretty significant overpayment.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's also probably our only top 9 player that can play either center or wing.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
How about Ryan Miller?

Jebus.

sorry...I spelled it incorrectly...should have been "Zemgus Girgensons"

He's probably one of the most untouchable players on the Sabre's entire roster. At least according to the fans. HUGE fan favourite.

I wouldn't move Little for Girgensons. I like Girgensons, but he is no where near as good as Little is. There would have to be a massive plus attached to that deal, and HF would complain because Girgensons is the new shiny thing, and all new shiny things are better than old broken down 26 year olds. :sarcasm:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Jebus.

I wouldn't move Little for Girgensons. I like Girgensons, but he is no where near as good as Little is. There would have to be a massive plus attached to that deal, and HF would complain because Girgensons is the new shiny thing, and all new shiny things are better than old broken down 26 year olds. :sarcasm:

I didn't really know the context of trading Little. I've made my thoughts on that clear before and it would take an overpayment and Girgensons isn't it haha.

I was just pointing out how Buffalo fans feel about Girgensons.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I didn't really know the context of trading Little. I've made my thoughts on that clear before and it would take an overpayment and Girgensons isn't it haha.

I was just pointing out how Buffalo fans feel about Girgensons.

For sure. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were ok with moving Little for Girgs.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Don't know which way the org is going to want to go with Olli, but you have to think his performance in the Olympics isn't hurting his value.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Don't know which way the org is going to want to go with Olli, but you have to think his performance in the Olympics isn't hurting his value.

Jeez, no kidding. I'm still of the opinion to move Olli at the deadline and go with O'Dell on the third line. Be gracious in moving Olli and grab him back in FA if they want him that way. It's nothing personal against Olli, it's enhancing the future of the team and just a business move. He definitely increased his value.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Playing with Jussi and Ruutu. Maybe one of their teams will want him.

Carolina maybe, but hard to say if they'd be in the market for a rental. On the other hand, Ruutu has been so awful lately getting Olli and waking him up would be like inserting two new players into the lineup.

Penguins I doubt. They go Crosby, Malkin, Sutter down the middle and desperately need wingers. Jussi already plays on Malkin's wing, so it is not like they're going to be teaming him with Olli.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Chicago waives Mike Kostka. Any interest?
Winnipeg had "Randy Cones". When Mike was playing with the Leafs, he was called "Costco". He's a marginal AHL/NHL tweener. He might have attracted Chevy's attention during the 2011-2012 season, but we're not that desparate now. We've got Bogosian, Byfuglien, Ellerby, Enstrom, Pardy, Postma, Redmond, Trouba, Stuart. And Clitsome is expected back next season. See http://blackhawkup.com/2014/02/22/chicago-blackhawks-placed-mike-kostka-waivers/

Did the Blackhawks ponder this question: If Kostka was such a good young defenseman, wouldn’t the Maple Leafs have kept him? The Blackhawks finally have seen what the Maple Leafs saw last season; Kostka can’t play at the NHL level.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Have the Jets waived Tangradi yet?

Not yet, but we're carrying 24 players. After a season full of injuries preventing any difficult waiver wire decisions to be made (other than Pardy who cleared) a healthy roster is gonna force Chevy to make a decision.

Who's going down? I'm assuming a forward so its gotta be one of Halischuk, Wright, Peluso or Tangradi.....unless a trade happens first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad