Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Continue.

Anyone listening to the round table today? I didn't hear this part but a guy I am working with mentioned that they were discussing that there are proposal packages for Kane in front of Chevy from Buffalo, Montreal, and Vancouver. They also said Pittsburg is working on a deal for Jokinen?

I think we are in for an interesting 6 or 7 months in Winnipeg.

Perhaps. He is solid, but his role has been lessening as the young guys come in.

His future with the team may depend on what they do with JJ.

I got Bryan Murray on the other line and I told him to make a trade for Kane.

I propose:

Kane

for

Lazar, Cowen, Conacher, 2nd

Do I tell him to call Chevy?

Uhhh , no.

Sure. Please also be sure as well to tell him to be ready to offer a great deal more than that, just so he is properly prepared for the conversation. Thanks. If you want to ask the Jets to gut their future to give you Kane, then gut your own first in exchange. Cowen & Conacher won't be the centerpieces coming back in exchange for our 22 year old star forward that is signed long-term, FYI. Lazar is a nice bit of futures but that is all he is right now. None of that offer replaces the lost output in Winnipeg.

That was from Eklund , so take it for what it's worth. They didn't say they have proposal packages in front of them , they said Buff made a big push and lots of other interest in Kane. They also said Pitt was interested in Jokinen.

All speculation as far as I am concerned , but do believe there is lots of talk going both ways.

I like it. In the words of one of the greatest movie villains of all time "ship it all!"

Perfect thanks for clearning that up.....the guy talking to me did not mention Eklund or I would have rolled my eyes :laugh:

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I wonder if now it would be better to trade Ladd as he has not been producing well of late and to get new leadership or Byfuglien as he is too volatile but still might have relatively high value.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I wonder if now it would be better to trade Ladd as he has not been producing well of late and to get new leadership or Byfuglien as he is too volatile but still might have relatively high value.

Why trade our captain when he's not going to bring as good of a return as he might if he were performing to expectations? I never understand the idea of sell low, regardless of the player. Not specifically referring to your post, just the general idea.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I'll give you Mez + Downie + 3rd for Bogo, come on, let's make a deal.... ;)

I'm interested to see what happens in the next month and a bit with the Jets

jetkarma*

Maurice commenting on what he liked about the situation in Winnipeg , his response was size , speed and youth.

Doesn't sound like he would entertain trading Kane , just saying.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The Fourth Period: The Jets have had trade talks with the Penguins, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Flyers, Red Wings, Bruins and others. They are actively shopping Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien, and have been getting calls on Andrew Ladd, Devin Setoguchi, Blake Wheeler and Zach Bogosian.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
The Fourth Period: The Jets have had trade talks with the Penguins, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Flyers, Red Wings, Bruins and others. They are actively shopping Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien, and have been getting calls on Andrew Ladd, Devin Setoguchi, Blake Wheeler and Zach Bogosian.

Source is questionable.
Though if teams want buff and Seto I'm all ears.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Kane should not be traded and if he is the return better be damn good, like James Neal or Ryan Kesler, 30 goal power forwards don't grow on trees.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Sorry, but unless the return is the all-time greatest steal of assets, there's no way I would want to trade away Evander kane.

Just no.

Agree - never say never, but the return would have to be great.

A 22 year old who's already potted 30 in a season, building chemistry with a 20 year old centre who is already arguably our 2c, and has 1c potential. I would not want to break that up at this point unless it greatly benefited the Jets.

jetkarma*

A 22 year old who's already potted 30 in a season, building chemistry with a 20 year old centre who is already arguably our 2c, and has 1c potential. I would not want to break that up at this point unless it greatly benefited the Jets.

Scored 30 as a 20 year old , was on pace for that last year , and without the injuries was again this year.

Finally getting quality linemates , he is a proven YOUNG 30 goal scorer at the least .

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

This. Right here. In bold. I can hardly wait until Scheifele maxes out with Kane (and Petan???) on the first line. There's about 120 goals combined in an entire season. I grow faint at the thought.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Realllly don't want to move Kane. I'm sure teams are kicking Chevys tires, but I'm sure he is smart enough to not trade him unless we get a arm and a leg in return. Kane, Scheifele and Trouba are my only 3 I currently wouldn't trade

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

if there are any rumors floating out their .....I would fire any gm that didn't call. imo

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

Let's just throw the entire pot of pasta at the wall... Something is bound to stick lol

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
This isn't a popular opinion, but am I the only one who wants Enstrom traded? Highest paid player on the team but he sure doesn't play like it. Rarely see him doing interviews. Doesn't come across as a leader to me. And definitely seems to escape criticism and trade rumors.

I recognize puck carrying dmen don't grow on trees, but shouldn't we expect him to be scoring more points?

Buff and Kane are the popular trade choices, but I'd start with Enstrom.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
This isn't a popular opinion, but am I the only one who wants Enstrom traded? Highest paid player on the team but he sure doesn't play like it. Rarely see him doing interviews. Doesn't come across as a leader to me. And definitely seems to escape criticism and trade rumors.

I recognize puck carrying dmen don't grow on trees, but shouldn't we expect him to be scoring more points?

Buff and Kane are the popular trade choices, but I'd start with Enstrom.

I'mt not a huge fan of him by any means and I think he gets massively overrated by a few posters here but he is often the best of an under performing bunch on the blue line and our only solid LHD.

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

Kane should net you close to a similar package to Seguin's deal to Dallas.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg

Difference between Buff and Toby is depth at their position. Toby gets a lot of flak for his physical play, but he's our only realistic #1 LHD and like you said, he is good. Buff gets a lot of flak for his defensive play, but he's got Bogo, Trouba and a couple other prospects coming up, which is part of why he's part of so many proposals.

I don't think you're necessarily wrong for wanting to trade Toby, I just think there are better reasons that this isn't the right time.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maurice commenting on what he liked about the situation in Winnipeg , his response was size , speed and youth.

Doesn't sound like he would entertain trading Kane , just saying.

Maurice said he was very impressed by the Jets size and speed - that at ice level it is pretty amazing. Wait until he sees Kane blow by a few times.

jetkarma*

Maurice said he was very impressed by the Jets size and speed - that at ice level it is pretty amazing. Wait until he sees Kane blow by a few times.

Jets need to play fast imo and great to see Maurice thinks so as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad