Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Not even remotely close. Franson is the most offered and overrated player out of Toronto. Not sold that he offers more than a Paul Postma, to be completely honest. Franson has just had more opportunity. Kadri is an overrated punk. Reimer is a piece I would like but not nearly at that price.

Ladd is simply not going to be traded. At least not this year. If he refuses to re-sign after this season (god I hope not) then he MIGHT be on the market.

Bogosian can be had, but it's got to be for a better looking package than that (yup I would not trade Bogo alone for that package).

My counter if we want to base it off Bogo v Reimer...

RD Zach Bogosian

For

LD Carl Gunnarsson
G James Reimer
C Frederick Gauthier
TOR 2nd Round Pick

The best I do for Bogo alone is ...

Ashton
Gunnar
Reimer

What then for Ladd?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Not even remotely close. Franson is the most offered and overrated player out of Toronto. Not sold that he offers more than a Paul Postma, to be completely honest. Franson has just had more opportunity. Kadri is an overrated punk. Reimer is a piece I would like but not nearly at that price.

Ladd is simply not going to be traded. At least not this year. If he refuses to re-sign after this season (god I hope not) then he MIGHT be on the market.

Bogosian can be had, but it's got to be for a better looking package than that (yup I would not trade Bogo alone for that package).

My counter if we want to base it off Bogo v Reimer...

RD Zach Bogosian

For

LD Carl Gunnarsson
G James Reimer
C Frederick Gauthier
TOR 2nd Round Pick

Or Drop Gauthier and the 2nd and make it this year's first.

I don't like Gauthier.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I have a hard time seeing the 30-45 points. He has 7 goals and 18 assists in 31 games in Junior in his year after the draft. I don't know what the NHL equivalent is, but I doubt it's anywhere close to 30-45 points. Perhaps he's a slow developing player, but it seems just as likely that he's a 4th liner (a few years away) as a 3rd liner. Besides, I think the Jets' system has a few 3-4th line prospects, so where does Gauthier fit? I like Lowry and Copp better at this point.

Hey I'm not arguing here. I was just saying why the Leafs drafted him and what they ideally want him to become. I also personally prefer Lowry, Copp, and the others.

Also, I don't think that the Jets have any interest in Franson, and I certainly don't want Reimer in some sort of package deal. If we go for him it should be in a deal similar to Bernier, less so maybe.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I just don't see the appeal with Gauthier. I am so glad that the Jets didn't draft him with their 13th overall pick. He seems like a bigger but slower version of Wright. What am I missing?

I tend to agree at this point. I was fairly intrigued by Gauthier's size, defensive play and offensive output (point-per-game as a rookie) last season but truth be told he hasn't really improved his offensive game. Looking like a 3rd-4th line player maybe. Paul Gaustad is a pretty good comparable, I think. Lots of time to see how he develops and this plays out, however.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hey I'm not arguing here. I was just saying why the Leafs drafted him and what they ideally want him to become. I also personally prefer Lowry, Copp, and the others.

Also, I don't think that the Jets have any interest in Franson, and I certainly don't want Reimer in some sort of package deal. If we go for him it should be in a deal similar to Bernier, less so maybe.

Reimer is an RFA this summer, and I doubt that the Leafs intend to re-sign him (looks like they are going with Bernier). I think that the Leafs are likely to be highly motivated to move him. If he signs with a new team for less than $3.4 million per year, the only compensation the Leafs receive is a 2nd round pick. I doubt another team would offer Reimer more than $3.4 million since the compensation would be a 1st and 3rd round pick, which is more than Vancouver received for Schneider.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Reimer is an RFA this summer, and I doubt that the Leafs intend to re-sign him (looks like they are going with Bernier). I think that the Leafs are likely to be highly motivated to move him. If he signs with a new team for less than $3.4 million per year, the only compensation the Leafs receive is a 2nd round pick. I doubt another team would offer Reimer more than $3.4 million since the compensation would be a 1st and 3rd round pick, which is more than Vancouver received for Schneider.

It's just some Leafs fans over on the trade board are throwing in a package like Reimer, Franson, picks etc. for a guy like Bogo, or Kane... or both.

bazaaa*

A lot of people here probably dont' like the idea, but I wouldn't mind buying low on Yakupov. Only concern would be he'd leave.
Eberle + Yakupov for Bogosian + 2015 1st.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A lot of people here probably dont' like the idea, but I wouldn't mind buying low on Yakupov. Only concern would be he'd leave.
Eberle + Yakupov for Bogosian + 2015 1st.

If Buff stays at forward or is traded, Bogo is a key cog in our D.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
While game one in Jets 2.1 was a great success, I'm not sure the balance of the season can be with our current goaltending. If Chevy doesn't want to handcuff Maurice in his audition as Coach, he should think about bringing in another goaltender now.

Maybe a trade for one of the pending UFA's or RFA's like Khobodin, Griesse or Reimer.

bazaaa*

You would feel pretty silly if we ended up missing out on McDavid or Eichel. Not very realistic given the draft and develop steategy.

I don't think our FO expects us to be a bottom 10 team in two years, that's why I said 2015 instead of next year.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
In a live chat on Tuesday afternoon, ESPN.com's Katie Strange said she believes Dustin Byfuglien may not be a member of the Winnipeg Jets much longer.

In a response to a question about the future of the 6-foot-5, 265 lbs. defenceman, Strange was short and to the point.

"I can see Dustin Byfuglien being dealt, yes. His size, offensive ability, and versatility will likely be attractive to some teams. Right-handed defensemen are hard to find," she wrote.

Byfuglien is third among all defenceman with 10 goals and 37 points, but is ranked in the bottom three with a minus-16 rating.

bazaaa*

I would say I could see him being traded, but now with Maurice here, I think they'll let Maurice evaluate him. I think Maurice really liked what he saw the first game. If Maurice wants him here, I'm sure Chevy will probably listen.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
In a live chat on Tuesday afternoon, ESPN.com's Katie Strange said she believes Dustin Byfuglien may not be a member of the Winnipeg Jets much longer.

In a response to a question about the future of the 6-foot-5, 265 lbs. defenceman, Strange was short and to the point.

"I can see Dustin Byfuglien being dealt, yes. His size, offensive ability, and versatility will likely be attractive to some teams. Right-handed defensemen are hard to find," she wrote.

Byfuglien is third among all defenceman with 10 goals and 37 points, but is ranked in the bottom three with a minus-16 rating.

Buff is very talented, perhaps the most talented player on the Jets. His -16 rating is not as bad as it sounds. Its a rating many people take at face value without looking at all the factors that affect that rating. IE: Scoring (lack there of) on your team, lack of talent around a person (poor def partner), skill of the attackers you play vs., average ice time per game, etc.

His advanced stats rating is a much truer picture and much more favorable to Buff.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Byfuglien will be an interesting one here. If a team could fit him and his remaining salary between now, the trade deadline to the end of the season, there are likely some teams that would love to have him for the playoffs given what he did in Chicago.

With that being said, I still think our best offer likely comes in the offseason, at the draft. More teams can bid, more options can open up.

As far as Maurice evaluating him, I don't see that as a road block to trading him, at all, not at this point. Management has seen plenty of Dustin Byfuglien, they know what he is all about and likely at this point what he'll ever be about. I still say he's dealt, regardless of how he plays under Maurice.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
No decision regarding Buff will be made until the draft at the earliest. If a team steps up and throws a couple enticing players and a 1st the JETS way, I could see something happening then especially if a prospect the JETS scouts are high on remains on the board.

bazaaa*

As far as Maurice evaluating him, I don't see that as a road block to trading him, at all, not at this point. Management has seen plenty of Dustin Byfuglien, they know what he is all about and likely at this point what he'll ever be about. I still say he's dealt, regardless of how he plays under Maurice.

I'm just saying if Maurice feels he fits into his system, and he feels he can keep him in line, have good Buff on the ice more than bad Buff, he'll want him to stay. We can all agree good Buff is one of the best in the game.

bazaaa*

Not really a fan of that deal.
A first round pick around 28ish doesn't get me excited.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
It is Hockey Buzz and likely nonsense, but what do you guys think of this:

To Chicago:
Andrew Ladd
Jimmy Lodge
Mid Round Pick

To Winnipeg:
Bryan Bickell
Teuvo Teravainen
1st Round Pick

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=57221#.UtbKxEACKNQ.twitter

I don't really like Bickell and I like Lodge, but I am really high on TT and the 1st would be nice.

lol on this one. Bickell?? He's terrible. Is the only minus player on Chicago. Had one good playoff and now is supremely overpaid for the next 4 years. No thanks.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
lol on this one. Bickell?? He's terrible. Is the only minus player on Chicago. Had one good playoff and now is supremely overpaid for the next 4 years. No thanks.

Ya, I think we need to keep lodge or they need to add cause that Bickell contract is like a boat anchor. I don't mind Bickell, he would add to our bottom 6. Better than most of what we have.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
It is not a bad start if you view Ladd as one of the forwards that needs to go.

Bickell is overpaid but he is a very serviceable 3rd line player who is a 30-40 point guy.
Teravainen is a top 10 prospect not in the NHL. He is also a high end forward prospect that we don't have outside Petan. That speed player with top notch hands.
1st round pick is a nice to have and adds to our prospect pool

Now I would not want to give up lodge. I would rather give them a 3rd round pick this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad