Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Bogo puts up a lot of points for a guy who doesn't get ice on the first powerplay unit, especially considering the team's middling offence.

If the team improves scoring will go up. Give Bogo some PP1 and there is no reason he couldn't have a very solid offensive season.

Team needs to get into the playoffs to give these players a name and rep though.

Still baffles my mind why Olli ****ing Jokinen gets to play on the point, if Noel cannot gets this team going, then fire him and give someone else a shot.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Didn't know where to put this:

Spencer Machacek just signed in Columbus on a 2-way for 632.5k/150k

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Yeah. No idea why he was put there.

Not on a team that has Buff, Toby, Bogo, Clitsome, Postma and Redmond anyways...

He had a lot of success there in the past.

But I agree, it's always better to put someone with defensive experience back there just in case the play ends up going the other way.

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
The Jets need a pest type of player to get under the skin of opponents and a steam roller who looks for the thundering hits.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
He had a lot of success there in the past.

But I agree, it's always better to put someone with defensive experience back there just in case the play ends up going the other way.

You can hammer a nail into a board with your head only so much before you have an excruciating headache. I know they tried Olli down low later in the season, so that's something. But please, PLEASE, no more Olli on the point.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I know the trade boards are typically a disaster zone, but I made this thread anyways:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1471175

Think it can help both teams, but obviously as a Jets fan I put our interests first.

Any thoughts?

I actually went on Carolina's board and proposed that exact trade a couple weeks back seemed like most of there members thought it was a good trade,I also realized ruutu has a no trade clause so I'm not sure he would be willing o waive it.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
You can hammer a nail into a board with your head only so much before you have an excruciating headache. I know they tried Olli down low later in the season, so that's something. But please, PLEASE, no more Olli on the point.

Completely agree. And don't put Olli on Kane's line either. Kane deserves better.

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Tidbit from the Gary Roberts interview on the Rona Roundtable. Peluso has been there and has dropped 3.5% body fat. Hopefully he can come back this year and make an impact.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Tidbit from the Gary Roberts interview on the Rona Roundtable. Peluso has been there and has dropped 3.5% body fat. Hopefully he can come back this year and make an impact.

Peluso went back to Roberts' camp this year? He was there last year as well.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

That's pretty good, I am trying to drop body fat using P90X:)

bazaaa*

Yeah, Roberts was saying he's a monster in the gym.

Probably hitting the juice.
I really lke Peluso. I'd like to see him get a chance over Thorburn.
Slater/Thorburn/Peluso would make a great, intimidating 4th line. Wright deserves to play too though.

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005
Thorburn couldn't intimidate a puppy.
Say what you want about Thorburn but he pretty much took on all comers since he`s been in Winnipeg and has stuck up for any teammate who has needed help out there.He fights out of his weight class and was the only real scraper the Jets have had outside of Peluso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad