Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Buffalo's first overall pick and Zadorov for Kane.

Buffalo's pick only has a 25% chance of being first overall. We'll know by draft day, though. But I like it, depending on how far away Zadorov is. But I also thought most Buffalo fans considered him untouchable. What side are you on?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Buffalo's pick only has a 25% chance of being first overall. We'll know by draft day, though. But I like it, depending on how far away Zadorov is. But I also thought most Buffalo fans considered him untouchable. What side are you on?

But it's at worst a second overall. Ekblad or Reinhart would be the only player off the board.

bobbyboucher

Dec 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If you can get value for Kane id have no problem saying goodbye. I mean common guys i know he has potential but he's been awful this year, is pretty much one dimensional, and i think its clear what the coaches think of his game seeing as he's down on the third line with 2 borderline nhl players. What are we paying 6 million for? If you could get say a top 4 d-man, a solid winger, and a nice pick id say see-ya later.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I would want an NHL player as well.

My feeling on that one too. Fla offered 2014 first (2-3 overall), Kulikov and Trochek which a far superior deal IMO. Some serious offers from NYI and Ana involving first rounders on the trade forum as well. Definitely lots of interest and tremendous value in Kane

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
If Buf offered Zadorov and their 1st... Wow, we'd have to take it. They wont though

Not going to happen, that's asking too much for Kane. As much as I'd hate to trade Kane, I think we could get some nice pieces for him. Buff is also an interesting trade option but I think his skill at playing two positions is just too enticing to give up.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
No way they'd ever take that. A guy who has scored 30 before he's 22 for a d-man in junior and another unproven pick? I hope you are joking.

Since 2000 the 1st overall picks were Mackinnon, Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Erik Johnson, Crosby, Ovechkin, Fleury, Nash, Kovalchuk and Dipietro.

Almost all of those guys are elite/franchise players and with the way the Jets have been drafting I am 100% sure they would be able to avoid picking a dipietro.

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
How about this with the Ducks

Kane, Kitchton, 2nd rounder
Ottawa 1st rounder, Simth Pelly, Fowler

The thoughts of having a chance at drafting two of Dal Colle, Ritchie, Perlini, Ehlers, Nylander is very appealing. Smith Pelly on the third line for depth and Fowler #1 d pair with Trouba.

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
How about this with the Ducks

Kane, Kitchton, 2nd rounder
Ottawa 1st rounder, Simth Pelly, Fowler

The thoughts of having a chance at drafting two of Dal Colle, Ritchie, Perlini, Ehlers, Nylander is very appealing. Smith Pelly on the third line for depth and Fowler #1 d pair with Trouba.

The Ducks are not moving Fowler I would think.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The Ducks are not moving Fowler I would think.

I know, but the more I think of it, we need to get a quality NHL player for Kane. All these proposals include prospects but I think we need something similar to the Seguin trade where the Bruins got a very good NHLer and top prospect. I know Seguin is better than Kane but I really want a good NHL player and prospect in return.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The Kane bidding war is subsiding but it was sure interesting to see how obsessed some teams are with him. One Ducks fans was ready to give us Silverberg, a starting defenceman (Vatanen), and both Ottawa & Anahein first round picks for him -- a deal I'd do for sure. Sweet offers from NYI & Fla as well, but the frenzy has died down and now to kuuks have taken over.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I know, but the more I think of it, we need to get a quality NHL player for Kane. All these proposals include prospects but I think we need something similar to the Seguin trade where the Bruins got a very good NHLer and top prospect. I know Seguin is better than Kane but I really want a good NHL player and prospect in return.

The Bruins also added Peverly to the deal as well. I don't think they would trade either, but I would push harder for Lindholm over Fowler myself.

The Kane bidding war is subsiding but it was sure interesting to see how obsessed some teams are with him. One Ducks fans was ready to give us Silverberg, a starting defenceman (Vatanen), and both Ottawa & Anahein first round picks for him -- a deal I'd do for sure. Sweet offers from NYI & Fla as well, but the frenzy has died down and now to kuuks have taken over.

I spend a lot of time on all the other boards and even more-so prior to the trade deadline. Kane is a guy that is discussed, and lusted after by 90% of HF. It's pretty standard and predictable though. Once it's on the trade forum, it's all crap offers and spare parts.

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The Bruins also added Peverly to the deal as well. I don't think they would trade either, but I would push harder for Lindholm over Fowler myself.

I spent a lot of time on all the other boards and even more-so prior to the trade deadline. Kane is a guy that is discussed, and lusted after by 90% of HF. It's pretty standard and predictable though. Once it's on the trade forum, it's all crap offers and spare parts.

Some of the offers were serious and worthy of consideration, but then you start getting the spare parts offers from Tor & Vancouver.

More and more though, I do get the feeling that Chevy may pull the trigger on a big trade this summer or at the draft and if its not Buff, it could well be Kane or Bogo.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
As others have said, I just sometimes get the feeling that Kane has topped out. He started out his career by surprising people with his speed and size, but everyone seems to have figured him out now. Who really knows, he may get better or he may not. But his value is pretty high right now and it's a gamble we may have to take with the right trade.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Some of the offers were serious and worthy of consideration, but then you start getting the spare parts offers from Tor & Vancouver.

More and more though, I do get the feeling that Chevy may pull the trigger on a big trade this summer or at the draft and if its not Buff, it could well be Kane or Bogo.

Oh, there's definitely a big move coming. I hope it's a good one for the Jets. Be careful what you wish for, and all that...

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I just get a feeling that if Maurice stays, which I think he will, the Jets will trade for Cam Ward. Likely a b prospect or picks. And Carolina picks up a portion of his salary.

Not sure if that's all that big of an upgrade, tbh, but it would be a goalie move.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
If they don't fix the goaltending then no other big moves will matter

This this this.

If the plan is that Pavelec plays three more years as the Jets starter, sell everyone for picks/youth and let's try this hockey thing again in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad