Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 17-18 Part XVIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
Was anyone listening to 1290 around 4:20 pm today?

I started listening in the middle of a segment and it seemed that Paul Edmonds was talking about something Trouba said at the exit interview that seemed to indicate he'd be open to a long term contract.

Anyone else catch this? Would love to hear the context for it.

Edmonds also mentioned that Trouba was against the hold out and only went through with it on his agents advice. Further, it was Trouba who was the catalyst in pushing to sign the bridge deal.

Anyone else hear this?

I did but missed a little of the beginning myself, but he seem to imply that Trouba definitely has no issue with Winnipeg or Canada, and it really was about playing the right side. And suggested is signing long term is a matter of backing up the Brinks truck to Trouba's door and Dumping a contract of 8x8 on it. And he would sign. But again i missed the beginning to be sure if that was Edmonds talking to Trouba in Exit interview as u suggest or if it was his " Sources".

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hey Chevy's making a move apparently so I'm ok with Elliot although not my first choice.
I am fingers crossed Flaherty is gone but that's expecting too much right ?
😉

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Was anyone listening to 1290 around 4:20 pm today?

I started listening in the middle of a segment and it seemed that Paul Edmonds was talking about something Trouba said at the exit interview that seemed to indicate he'd be open to a long term contract.

Anyone else catch this? Would love to hear the context for it.

Edmonds also mentioned that Trouba was against the hold out and only went through with it on his agents advice. Further, it was Trouba who was the catalyst in pushing to sign the bridge deal.

Anyone else hear this?

The cynic in me is saying they are playing good cop, bad cop. When the **** starts flying, agents are only too happy to be the fan.

Hey, I would love it to be true. I would love it if we can lock up Trouba for 8 years. #1 D don't grow on trees. But...

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Also, good to see our mods back on their game after the Entry Draft thread debacle. 1142 posts! My God, I thought I was back in the wild west days of Usenet. ;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Notable RFA's who were not qualified and now become UFA's Am I missing anyone.

Chiasson Cal
Yaupov Stl
Rattle Stl
Gelinas Col
Folin Min
Holland Ari
Matteau Mon
Josefson NJD
Bennett NJD
Mueller NJD (didn't they just acquire him from SJ prior to the XD?)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I did but missed a little of the beginning myself, but he seem to imply that Trouba definitely has no issue with Winnipeg or Canada, and it really was about playing the right side. And suggested is signing long term is a matter of backing up the Brinks truck to Trouba's door and Dumping a contract of 8x8 on it. And he would sign. But again i missed the beginning to be sure if that was Edmonds talking to Trouba in Exit interview as u suggest or if it was his " Sources".

Edmonds said he overheard a source close to the Trouba camp.
This is better than nothing but certainly not a lock.
If he pulls off another season like the last then we have to pay him like our best D to keep him.
I guess that's what you do if you get the chance.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Hey Chevy's making a move apparently so I'm ok with Elliot although not my first choice.
I am fingers crossed Flaherty is gone but that's expecting too much right ?
😉

Maybe Elliott will tell Flaherty to just **** off and that will break the curse.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Notable RFA's who were not qualified and now become UFA's Am I missing anyone.

Chiasson Cal
Yaupov Stl
Rattle Stl
Gelinas Col
Folin Min
Holland Ari
Matteau Mon
Josefson NJD
Bennett NJD
Mueller NJD (didn't they just acquire him from SJ prior to the XD?)

Not true

they might become ufas, but the team's just might not be happy with the qualifying terms. They can still sign a different contract.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
Edmonds said he overheard a source close to the Trouba camp.
This is better than nothing but certainly not a lock.
If he pulls off another season like the last then we have to pay him like our best D to keep him.
I guess that's what you do if you get the chance.

Thanks, i just heard them talk about it again, and agree, far from a lock. But any encouraging news coming out is a step in the right direction imo.

I think we have seen enough and hope to lock him up this year instead of waiting a year. But ill take whatever we get as long as it happens lol.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Also, good to see our mods back on their game after the Entry Draft thread debacle. 1142 posts! My God, I thought I was back in the wild west days of Usenet. ;)

When a thread needs a Mod's shears....

29906170001_4461771151001_video-still-for-video-4461681705001.jpg

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Elliot is better than nothing and better than spending assets to acquire a goalie considering our track record with trades involving picks recently. I am cautiously optimistic if we sign him for the next season.

Good thing with Elliot is that he's almost always been in a 1a 1b type situation so there shouldn't be any drama

And what would that track record be? You mean the recent pick swap that allowed us to prevent one of Perreault, Lowry, Enstrom (by giving Enstrom comfort to waive his NMC and letting us go 7+3+1), Armia, Copp or Dano getting picked by Vegas, leaving us in a position to draft a well-regarded player we had in our top 13 regardless?

Or the first round pick we got from Buffalo in the Kane deal that scored us Roslovic in the Kane deal?

Or the first round pick we got from Chicago (+ Dano) in exchange for 2 months of Andrew Ladd's corpse, which turned out to be a higher pick than expected and put us in a position to trade down to get a D prospect?

The 3rd rounder and 5th rounder we turned into Frolik a few years ago?

You mean that track record of trades involving picks?

Last edited:

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
II heard a rumor

From a good friend that has been a real estate agent for about thirty five years.

Elliot is looking for a real estate agent in Winnipeg,

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
And what would that track record be? You mean the recent pick swap that allowed us to prevent one of Perreault, Lowry, Enstrom (by giving Enstrom comfort to waive his NMC and letting us go 7+3+1), Armia, Copp or Dano getting picked by Vegas, leaving us in a position to draft a well-regarded player we had in our top 13 regardless?

Or the first round pick we got from Buffalo in the Kane deal that scored us Roslovic in the Kane deal?

Or the first round pick we got from Chicago (+ Dano) in exchange for 2 months of Andrew Ladd's corpse, which turned out to be a higher pick than expected and put us in a position to trade down to get a D prospect?

The 3rd rounder and 5th rounder we turned into Frolik a few years ago?

You mean that track record of trades involving picks?

All the players from the picks you are touting are pretty much nothing as of yet. Armia is decent enough I guess but other than him, none of the players have yet to do anything.

We don't know if our new draft pic turns out to be anything but we have enough depth that we could have easily lost a forward asset and it wouldn't have e even mattered.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
From a good friend that has been a real estate agent for about thirty five years.

Elliot is looking for a real estate agent in Winnipeg,

I believe this was mentioned earlier as well. Not sure if same source.

If different source than more smoke.

Hopefully only 2 years though. Elliot is decent - Flames say painfully mediocre overall - but for us thats a HUGE UPGRADE.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Hoping we sign a goalie this weekend, would prefer better then Eliott, but he is still an upgrade and improves us overall. Also hoping we sign or trade for a D, and hopefully some good news on the Little contract front. Those 3 things would help me get back to enjoying my summer

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Hopefully only 2 years though. Elliot is decent - Flames say painfully mediocre overall - but for us thats a HUGE UPGRADE.

Rick Ralph reported something similar to this earlier today.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
While Elliot is not my first choice either, I'm really surprised how Meh a lot of people are on him. I was thinking he had some good years in St Louis before his one bad year in Calgary. So i went and looked it up his last year with the Blues he put up a 2.06 good enough for 3rd in the league, and a .930, which was tops in the league and he played 42 games so not like a small sample size.

Now i know he's 33...... but is he not a HUGE upgrade on Hutch if he gives us anything close to his numbers in St Louis? and I'm not even talking 2 years ago, take his avg of the last 3 years with the Blues. I think he will be a good vet to push Helly( Not like Pavey), he will come in with no expectations of taking the job from Helly, but will be given the opportunity. Seems like Elliot is most comfy under the 1b slot.

And judging by that poll in the other thread over half of you didnt/dont think Chevy was gonna do anything at all. I'll be more than happy if we get Elliot.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The thing I like most about Elliot is he will be a good mentor for Helle at least. He's been on a good playoff rus, he's been on an elite tandem and he has logged a lot of miles in the crease. Pavs is a terrible mentor and Hutch is much to inexperienced to be a good mentor for Helle.
He could provide us with enough stability in the tandem to make a playoff push but I won't expect much more out of him. But IMO his best asset to us is probably going to be almost like another coach for Helle.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
The thing I like most about Elliot is he will be a good mentor for Helle at least. He's been on a good playoff rus, he's been on an elite tandem and he has logged a lot of miles in the crease. Pavs is a terrible mentor and Hutch is much to inexperienced to be a good mentor for Helle.
He could provide us with enough stability in the tandem to make a playoff push but I won't expect much more out of him. But IMO his best asset to us is probably going to be almost like another coach for Helle.

Of course, now that Bucky has hired his own consultant, any advice Flaherty or Elliott have will have to be vetted through him first. :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Difference is the Flames were bringing him in as their #1 and he got off to a terrible start......we will be brining him in as a 1b to create competition for the net but play a role similar to what he did in St. Louis. We probably won't need Brian to save the day we just need him to do what he has done and be average and that will be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad