Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Continued from:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=120889753

Last few posts from the last thread:

does that come from your source or from botchford

imagine edler-gudbranson on the first pairing

Why would you need to add? IT IS BENNING, MAN ...

Tanev for McCann? :laugh:

Lets just run 6 RHD.

And 12 Centers

Well Stafford is a scoring winger. Add a prospect, maybe Kosmo.

That gives us 5 D to protect. ( 4 RHD :laugh: ) Definitely have to trade 1 after this.

Tanev for Tanev

Carry on.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Wow the trade rumor thread is slow ..lol

Let's get it started with the usual talking points in these kind of threads then:

- I really think Stafford should be traded for a pick. We have too many forwards and he makes the team suck. There should be at least 35 NHL teams willing to give up a pick for him when Hudler is still unsigned.
- With the WCH upcoming, Trouba has no leverage. I'd only trade him for MacKinnon and two first round picks.
- we really need high end LHD, prospects or players. Petan+Nogier for Theodore? Stafford+Petan+Lemieux+2nd for Lindholm?
- I think this will be our lineup jext season: (POST MOVED TO ROSTER THREAD BY GIN)
- What if Chevy had traded Kane in 2012?
- The future looks bright
- Stuart is everything that's wrong with our team.
- Hope our special teams will be better next year.

Yeah, no wonder it's slow.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Does anyone else think Vermette could really help us in the short term? We would have to move Burmi and possibly Stafford but I think Vermette is the type of vet we are missing in our forward line up at the moment.He would slot in nicely on the 3rd line.
Ehlers/Scheif/Wheeler
Laine/Little/Armia
Perreault/Vermette/Dano
That's a pretty solid top 9
With Connor,Petan as first top 9 call ups

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Would be great to trade for Lindholm. Ducks are a budget team I would be up to trading Myers after he has played a bit to show he is not damaged goods, actual pay is less than his cap hit. I would throw in Dano or Armia we might lose one anyways in expansion draft. Ducks get Righty and we get a Lefty defenseman, and they get two cost controlled players. You have to give to get.

Lindholm Buff
Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom Postma

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Would be great to trade for Lindholm. Ducks are a budget team I would be up to trading Myers after he has played a bit to show he is not damaged goods, actual pay is less than his cap hit. I would throw in Dano or Armia we might lose one anyways in expansion draft. Ducks get Righty and we get a Lefty defenseman, and they get two cost controlled players. You have to give to get.

Lindholm Buff
Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom Postma

Yeah of course we would do that. Ducks wouldn't. He's their best D!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yup. Myers might return a nice D prospect but not an established top pair D, even with a nice add.

Any talk of Lindholm has to start with Trouba and then add.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg

Their best forward prospect is Richie and after that it's bad. I would be comfortable throwing in a 2nd forward like Tanev or even Lowry. On their boards they lament about how they have no NHL ready prospects.

They have 3 very good Defensive prospects Theodore, Larson and Montour. Theodore and Montour they feel could play this yr.

It's the GM that makes the decision for the team not hf fans as we all know STUART,arrrrg.
If he has an internal budget a deal like the one I proposed would help them and us. We make good trade partners.
If we sign Trouba and he is fine playing LD that's good too.:)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Their best forward prospect is Richie and after that it's bad. I would be comfortable throwing in a 2nd forward like Tanev or even Lowry. On their boards they lament about how they have no NHL ready prospects.

They have 3 very good Defensive prospects Theodore, Larson and Montour. Theodore and Montour they feel could play this yr.

It's the GM that makes the decision for the team not hf fans as we all know STUART,arrrrg.
If he has an internal budget a deal like the one I proposed would help them and us. We make good trade partners.
If we sign Trouba and he is fine playing LD that's good too.:)

Unless they start shedding salary the Ducks are now way past internal budget territory. They have $8.4 M of cap space still needing to sign Lindholm and Rakell. Maybe you can pry Lindholm out but it won't be easy and it would take a lot more than Myers and Tanev/Lowry. Myers actual salary is not near enough to off set they huge drop off from Lindholm. Tanev would hold no value. Lowry is at best on their 4th line but with his salary might be part of a package.

To get Lindholm IMO would require Trouba and a significant add. A young forward on an ELC or equivalent salary that could play this season. I'd be prepared to give them their choice as long as Laine, Ehlers & Connor were off the table. So one of Dano, Petan, Armia or maybe Roslovic. I'd don't know if I would go as rich as a 1st round pick unless it was in 2018.

Just some early morning thoughts.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So I did some digging...and as it turns out Lindholm isn't actually any better than Trouba is. Yes, he outscored him this year...but he barely did that with more PP time and playing on the top ranked pp in the league...where as Trouba played on the league worst.

The more you know right?

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
So I did some digging...and as it turns out Lindholm isn't actually any better than Trouba is. Yes, he outscored him this year...but he barely did that with more PP time and playing on the top ranked pp in the league...where as Trouba played on the league worst.

The more you know right?

Yeah I was just checking out the trade boards, Ducks fans value Lindholm ridiculously highly. He's definitely good, but whether him or Trouba becomes the better player is a coin flip imo

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
it's August 8 2016.

Do you know where a Troube contract may be?

Or Lindholm, Gaudreau, Monahan contracts to name just a few. It would be a surprise if Trouba had signed this early given who his agent is.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I was just checking out the trade boards, Ducks fans value Lindholm ridiculously highly. He's definitely good, but whether him or Trouba becomes the better player is a coin flip imo

I give Lindholm a bit of an edge because he has actually done what we think Trouba would have done with similar opportunity. But the difference is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino