Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Yeah that Carle contract is extremely gross. Tampa would have to be offering up a laughably lopsided trade in our favour before adding Carle for me to consider taking it.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Carle is a cap dump for Tampa. They gain by getting rid of this contact. That's why I think Ladd for Drouin and Carle is a fair deal. No need to involve Enstrom.

Yes, but the suggestion was Ladd and Enstrom for Drouin and Carle. That's what I was responding to. I'd actually be OK with taking a cap dump back, but I'm not about to trade Enstrom AND take a similar contract back for a worse player (so we're in agreement, in other words).

Carle's contract is similar to Enstrom's.
I agree Enstrom is better, but where does Enstrom fit after next year? I don't see him here.

This makes very little sense to me. Why would we take on a similar / worse contract for a player that isn't even as good as Enstrom?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah that Carle contract is extremely gross. Tampa would have to be offering up a laughably lopsided trade in our favour before adding Carle for me to consider taking it.

Ladd + Postma <> Drouin + Carle
Would do it for me I think. Carle is like spending 11 mil to buy Drouin. I think we would be offering them full value at that. They would then have enough cap to sign Stamkos so it is no small thing. Maybe we keep Postma.

On second thought, if we take Carle off their hands Petan and Postma should be sufficient. We can trade Ladd to someone else.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Carle's contract is similar to Enstrom's.
I agree Enstrom is better, but where does Enstrom fit after next year? I don't see him here.

It isn't as simple as Enstrom is better value for a similar contract. It is that Enstrom is good and Carle is bad. We probably have to bury him in the AHL for 2 years.

After next year Enstrom is still in our top 4 playing LD. Who do you see playing LD if he is gone? You realize he is under contract for 2 more years right? And with a NMC. And we only have 1 potential LHD in the system.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
It isn't as simple as Enstrom is better value for a similar contract. It is that Enstrom is good and Carle is bad. We probably have to bury him in the AHL for 2 years.

After next year Enstrom is still in our top 4 playing LD. Who do you see playing LD if he is gone? You realize he is under contract for 2 more years right? And with a NMC. And we only have 1 potential LHD in the system.

Yes I do realize we have only 1. That's why I said we can look for a LD in the off season.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes I do realize we have only 1. That's why I said we can look for a LD in the off season.

Fair enough. Trouble is we have to look for a 1st pair LHD. Those are rare as hen's teeth. And expensive. I think we have to find the replacement first. Then consider trading Toby.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Jets would love to get rid of Pavelec's contract so there is now way in this universe they take back the league's worst contract in a deal.
NO THANK YOU

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets would love to get rid of Pavelec's contract so there is now way in this universe they take back the league's worst contract in a deal.
NO THANK YOU

I don't know if Carle has the league's worst contract. He is only a couple years removed from being a pretty decent defenseman. In real dollars Pavs gets paid almost as much next season and he has never been a decent goalie.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Ladd scratched

i'd assume that a deal's done in principle. will be interesting to see if anyone's scratched on FLA, CHI or TBL (the prime suspects).
considering the Jets play the Penguins on Saturday, it's all but guaranteed that he's moved well before Monday's deadline.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Fourth period also saying Enstrom has been actively shopped, which we all have been aware of. Wonder if that gets done by Monday as well.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Fourth period also saying Enstrom has been actively shopped, which we all have been aware of. Wonder if that gets done by Monday as well.

Had this strange feeling bowman was here scouting more than Ladd. Maybe we got s Ladd plus enstrom for a first, Dano/pokka and teraneinen?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Enstrom does have a NMC, just not sure how many teams that counts.

Every team.

If Enstrom is truly being "actively shopped" he must have asked for a trade, because he can veto any deal. Would seem like a waste of time to shop him without him being involved.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Had this strange feeling bowman was here scouting more than Ladd. Maybe we got s Ladd plus enstrom for a first, Dano/pokka and teraneinen?

Seems like a lot to give up for Chicago. How are they even going to fit those guys under the cap?

Enstrom trade will be like eating an entire pizza by yourself, it will be fun and exciting in the moment but will feel sick and like crap afterwards once the excitement dies down

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems like a lot to give up for Chicago. How are they even going to fit those guys under the cap?

Enstrom trade will be like eating an entire pizza by yourself, it will be fun and exciting in the moment but will feel sick and like crap afterwards once the excitement dies down

Bickell to TOR and we retain some salary.

Or Enstrom to NYI, oh ya!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Every team.

If Enstrom is truly being "actively shopped" he must have asked for a trade, because he can veto any deal. Would seem like a waste of time to shop him without him being involved.

I think Enstrom would probably waive his NMC clause anyways, he doesn't have any strong ties to the city of WPG from what I know, no wife or girlfriend, no kids, not much keeping him there. I don't see him putting much of a fight if Chevy tries to trade him unless it's some team like the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad