Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I just made the assumption the poster had a credible source otherwise he wouldn't have posted something so specific. Oh well.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
As much as Burmi has been frustrating Noel, I can't see how that would be a good deal for us. I don't think I would want to trade Burmi straight up for Stafford, let alone add. Especially when you look at Stafford's contract and declining play.

bazaaa*

Maybe it's true, but Buffalo is Pejorative Slured to think they'd get anything in return. When you make the guy a healthy scratch right before the deadline, you make it pretty obvious his value is not very high and you don't care to keep him.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If were didn't want Jussi Jokinen for free, why would we give up anything of value for Stafford? he's not really producing better than Jokinen and he's more costly.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jussi Jokinen has been on a pretty steady decline for a while now. Our pro scouts probably wanted Stafford a lot more. More likely to bounce back with a change of scenery.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If were didn't want Jussi Jokinen for free, why would we give up anything of value for Stafford? he's not really producing better than Jokinen and he's more costly.

Easy to say that now AFTER the deadline. We'll see what happens in the off season. I still think Stafford will get moved.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Could we slide a conditional pick to Florida for the rights to Weiss even though he has an NMC? I have no idea.

Could we also do it now?

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Could we slide a conditional pick to Florida for the rights to Weiss even though he has an NMC? I have no idea.

Could we also do it now?

He'd have to waive his NMC.

In any case, I don't think it would be worth it. He loves it in Florida and re-signing him is a top priority for them, so if they're willing to trade him I would take it as a clear signal that he is 100% committed to testing the market this summer.

Basically, if Florida was willing to do that, I think it would be because Weiss is already in a mindset that would make him impossible to sign.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I still think we should trade for Stastny he is over paid by about 1.6 million for one more year but if he likes it here he could sign an extension closer to 5 million.i think we could get Stastny for little straight up.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I still think we should trade for Stastny he is over paid by about 1.6 million for one more year but if he likes it here he could sign an extension closer to 5 million.i think we could get Stastny for little straight up.

Maybe Statsny would do better if he fit better... but currently they look to be a wash, if not perhaps a down grade...
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67+17+18+19+20

Last three season's Little has scored (a tiny bit) more per a min and has had (much, much) better possession numbers...

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I dream of Kane McKinnon wheeler line

That would be a very sick line :nod:

With 2nd line of
Ladd schiefele little --- you play this line the tough match up
The 1st line would do great, Evander Kane would have two people that can play with him..:yo:

Would you trade big buff and our first this year for McKinnon?
McKinnon plus a Lhd

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
That would be a very sick line :nod:

With 2nd line of
Ladd schiefele little --- you play this line the tough match up
The 1st line would do great, Evander Kane would have two people that can play with him..:yo:

Would you trade big buff and our first this year for McKinnon?
McKinnon plus a Lhd

Speed to burn on that line.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

Huge overpayment. Stastny is interesting because Colorado almost has to sell him off. They aren't goin to be competing any time soon, in fact they should keep their two best centres and sell the rest off...Avs fans don't see that...but w/e.

If you ask them they want a top pairing defensman for him, they are obviously not goin to get that...or anything else of real value.

Stastny is really overpaid by almost 3m bucks, I really wouldn't want to pay more then 4-4.5 for him. I doubt Chevy would either. He's not the 70pt centre that he used to be.

Given that this is his contract year and he's overpaid, I wouldn't trade very much for him at all tbh.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
Buff and our 1st doesnt get us Mackinnon... Not even close IMO, unless our pick is like #4 or something

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Buff and our 1st doesnt get us Mackinnon... Not even close IMO, unless our pick is like #4 or something

People overrate prospects. There are teams that would love Buff over Mackinnon. However, those same teams are not teams likely to get Mackinnon. If a team finishes bottom three I don't see them moving a top prospect.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Kaner-Scheif-Mackinnon, please!

Whether a Buff trade can move our pick up to that spot or not, you'd have to figure its something Chevy is strongly considering these days.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I agree I think McKinnon and Monahan would fit best into the type of team we are building.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The prospect Winnipeg should have dealt for was Filip Forsberg. Getting McKinnon would be nice or even any high draft choice in this strike shortened year. They missed the boat dealing all of their pending UFA's for draft choices which in turn would have increased our chances to get a higher draft choice. I am annoyed over this as there is no reason to stand pat. This team isn't going to compete in the playoffs this year. If Kane was up there in scoring and Burmistrov was say a point a game this year, then I would have said stand pat and develop, however they didn't

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
The prospect Winnipeg should have dealt for was Filip Forsberg. Getting McKinnon would be nice or even any high draft choice in this strike shortened year. They missed the boat dealing all of their pending UFA's for draft choices which in turn would have increased our chances to get a higher draft choice. I am annoyed over this as there is no reason to stand pat. This team isn't going to compete in the playoffs this year. If Kane was up there in scoring and Burmistrov was say a point a game this year, then I would have said stand pat and develop, however they didn't

What deal could possibly have been made for Forsberg?
Washington wanted a top 6 forward, and we don't exactly have any to spare. That's not even taking into account we're competing with them for a playoff spot right now.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would have dealt Hainsey and Wellwood for him.

Wellwood isnt as good as Erat but Hainsey at this stage is way way better than the prospect Nashville sent.

Unless Hainsey fits into the future it isn't an overpay at all because now he will be a UFA and who is to say he will even return?

If they wanted a prospect I would have given them Telegin or Klingberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad