Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I had my eye on Kane at first but reading more into all the threads you guys are given a really bad rep of hating him in other threads, a good conciliation prize would be the big boy I think. Kinda fills a need we have any interest in his departure? And just for discussion purposes no package would be of interest for Kane?

To paraphrase Cpt. O'Hagan, Kane will be the part of a trade discussion when me **** turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet.

He gets a lot of flack from Winnipeg media for stuff off the ice because they want something to talk/complain about. Truth is he plays great hockey and probably won't go anywhere for a long time.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
To paraphrase Cpt. O'Hagan, Kane will be the part of a trade discussion when me **** turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet.

He gets a lot of flack from Winnipeg media for stuff off the ice because they want something to talk/complain about. Truth is he plays great hockey and probably won't go anywhere for a long time.

Alright just thought I'd check and see if the fans agreed with the media but is Byfuglien available?

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
His value is really hard to determine. There are a lot of misconceptions about his game out there and I think you would probably be shocked at the value he has to us. He certainly wouldn't be cheap.

I was thinking one of the previously mentioned young guys and a pick the best of our 3 seconds

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Same as you idk about other habs fans but that's what I was thinking as an initial offer for Kane idk if I'd spend that much on Byfuglien

I personally think he is worth it. He can be a bit inconsistent but the way he can just take over a game or a shift is incredible. He is a pretty unique player and he has shored up his defence to at least average league wide.

The only way Kane is going to the Habs is if Max Pac, Galchenyuk, or Price is coming back the other way I don't see any other pieces on the Habs that would that would interest the Jets. I do know a fair bit about the Habs roster as they were my team before the Jets came back. (Most of my friends, family, gf's family were actually Habs fans as well, except my brother Pens fan est. 2005 :help: :shakehead)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Haha I hope the face is cause you are kidding cause it would take a gally on top of buff to get subban man

No offence...

Gally + Subban may be > Buff

but

Buff > Subban

Only 3 D in the entire NHL last season performed in the top10 in BOTH 5v5 and 5v4 relative to their icetime:
Karlsson, Byfuglien and Chara
(in order of scoring)

Only 7 D were able to face tough matchups (>0.0 RelQoC), and still get nice results in scoring more than a point per 60 mins of icetime, while severely out possessing and shooting their opponent (>5 RelCorsi)
Byfuglien, Chara, Karlsson, Timonen, Nikitin, Bieksa, and Letang
(in order of possession)
OT: but if you lower that scoring from 1.00/60mins to 0.99/60mins and you add only one more D-man, Enstrom

Subban's great, but he's more along the lines of Bogosian, promise to be elite. Byfuglien is elite.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Same as you idk about other habs fans but that's what I was thinking as an initial offer for Kane idk if I'd spend that much on Byfuglien

Ya, Eller, Beaulieu and a 2nd doesn't get Byfuglien out of Winnipeg. Change the 2nd to a 1st and it probably still isn't getting the job done.

For the Jets to move Byfuglien they'd have to be making a serious upgrade to some other part of their roster.

Byfuglien, for all his warts, is absolutely critical to the way the Jets play.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Ya, Eller, Beaulieu and a 2nd doesn't get Byfuglien out of Winnipeg. Change the 2nd to a 1st and it probably still isn't getting the job done.

For the Jets to move Byfuglien they'd have to be making a serious upgrade to some other part of their roster.

Byfuglien, for all his warts, is absolutely critical to the way the Jets play.

Alright I guess that would settle it not particularly good trading partners but really best of luck to you guys I can honestly say the jets may be one of if not the only other NHL teams I respect and like you guys deserve your team back and I hope they get better

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Alright I guess that would settle it not particularly good trading partners but really best of luck to you guys I can honestly say the jets may be one of if not the only other NHL teams I respect and like you guys deserve your team back and I hope they get better

Thanks man! Glad for your recent return to success, and hope it stays, except against us. :D

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Alright understood what about Byfuglien?

Kinda the same deal. Some think he's more available due to the amount of right-handed D we have, but I think if Bogo can cover the right side then we're all set.

Byfuglien is a completely unique player, I'd be upset if we traded him for anything less than an overpayment. It would take waaaaay more than Eller.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Agreed. The playoffs and NHL in general is way more fun when the Habs are good.

Even though I've always been a "Well I'll cheer for the habs if I don't like who they're playing against" in the regular season guy, it's hard not to love these guys in the playoffs. Almost always play way above their heads. It's incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad