TSN: Jets gauging trade interest in Burmistrov

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
At times this felt like a Trouba thread...it's sure calmed down in fact no ones posted here since November 8th, the day Trouba signed.

Anyways I found it interesting today that Maurice said today that "many of the callups have earned a spot" & quickly brought up the play of Dano & Petan as a reference. With Burmistrov currently the healthy scratch it certainly appears his days are numbered.

Now that Little has returned & Perrault is just days away, decisions have to be forthcoming. The recent Petan & Dano injuries may delay decisions a bit, but I certainly can't imagine a scenario where he remains on this team past January once Matthias & Armia are healthy.

I only came back to this thread after watching Insider Trading tonight & the news of Peter Holland became apparent, so bumped this thread. Toronto was tied to Burmistrov rumours last year, so thought perhaps he may be of interest to them, but from what I'm reading elsewhere Holland's work ethic has been questionable. The Jets have little need for another offensive forward, particularly one with defensive shortcomings.

If he can't develop that kind of game playing in his home province, I'd doubt he'd perform any better in Winnipeg. Great offensive talent, I wonder what role his injuries a few seasons ago have in his play?

Looking around the league, one team where Burmi might fit in is Montreal. I don't expect the return to be significant, but could a deal emerge for Nathan Beaulieu without a significant plus being added? Jets add a young LD & Burmi joins a team with a few fellow Russians.

Burmistrov has 23 points in the last two seasons combined (101 games). Beaulieu has 25 points in his last two seasons combined (84 games).

Burmistrov is terrible and commands marginal value on the market. I'd be surprised if he got anything higher than a 5th round pick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
autographed Sedins Jock Strap

Don't get this one.

Burmistrov is one of those guys you knew was going to bust before he was drafted type of player. Drafted way too high.

That's absurd. He was lights out in his draft year. Exceptional defensively, heady player for a NA rookie, and oozing creative offensive potential. Looked every bit the part of a poor man's Datsyuk. My team was drafting 13th and while I wanted him desperately, I had zero hope he'd fall as far as 13th. He was drafted right where every expected him to be drafted.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Never any consistency in his development. Playing 4th line at 18, the move to Winnipeg before year two, leaving for Russia for a couple years... just can't create offense if there is a defender in front of him.

Waivers is more likely than a late pick coming back. Let him play somewhere he can be used.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Burmi + Lowry

for

DD + 2nd 2017 + (Carr or ghetto)

Would love to see Burmi with Galchenyuk and Radulov for 3 months and see what comes of it.

I figure Burmi =Carr or ghetto..if that

Lowry for a 2nd and cap dump

Now this is where Jets fans come in and ask for a 1st for Lowry or soemthin along those lines

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
Burmi + Lowry

for

DD + 2nd 2017 + (Carr or ghetto)

Would love to see Burmi with Galchenyuk and Radulov for 3 months and see what comes of it.

I figure Burmi =Carr or ghetto..if that

Lowry for a 2nd and cap dump

Now this is where Jets fans come in and ask for a 1st for Lowry or soemthin along those lines

Yeah... no. Brutal.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
That's absurd. He was lights out in his draft year. Exceptional defensively, heady player for a NA rookie, and oozing creative offensive potential. Looked every bit the part of a poor man's Datsyuk. My team was drafting 13th and while I wanted him desperately, I had zero hope he'd fall as far as 13th. He was drafted right where every expected him to be drafted.

Yup. Felt the same way,same comparable too.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The title of this still makes me laugh.:laugh:

It's like if I was gauging interest in a worn-out winter tire.
Listening to all offers!

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
His value is certainly at an all time low. He might fit some team on the 4th line or perhaps be a redemption attempt at a higher position, but at this point I'd guess he only returns a 5th or 6th round pick.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
His value is certainly at an all time low. He might fit some team on the 4th line or perhaps be a redemption attempt at a higher position, but at this point I'd guess he only returns a 5th or 6th round pick.

He's like Holland for the Leafs.
Is he an NHLer? Yes.
Would a team add him if he was cheap? Sure.
Does he hold value? No.

Players like that would draw a 5th-7th if a team had a hole to plug down the stretch

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
care to elaborate..

Burmi may get you a 7th.. im offering a prospect and a cap dump

and a 2nd for Lowry.

Jets have a plethora of young players who are similar or better than Carr/Andrighetto; they'd be hard pressed to see ice time -- especially when the Jets injured players get back (Matthias, Armia).

DD is a liability, not an asset. His 3.5M Cap hit is absurd for what he can provide. Given the philosophy of Jets ownership (not spending money unless it's needed to re-sign players, etc), I find it highly improbable that they'll take on that contract.

Lowry is a serviceable, young, big body - who the Jets have been developing. Hopefully he can turn into a real solid 3C. No reason to trade him for a 2nd.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Jets would pass. Jets don't need DD, and Lowry is severely underrated.

Keep it simple and just offer a low pick for Burmistrov.

As someone from Toronto I got very confused in this thread when you started offering DD and Lowry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad