TSN: Jets gauging trade interest in Burmistrov

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Decent PK guy, but even plays with the puck too much on the PK.

His consistent failure to get it deep has cost the Jets a few goals this year.

If he has any value, package him with Trouba to sweeten a deal.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
My guess is his value is a similarly struggling former high pick that may benefit from a change of scenery. Or a 3rd round pick. Or an add on to a bigger deal.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Someone needs to step right up and steal this player for a second round pick or a 5/6 d-man, a decent prospect, something, ASAP! Operators are standing by.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He's arbitration eligible next season too. I can't see many teams being interested in him. No one wants to be stuck with him if he elects to go to player arbitration.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If he was dropped to waivers he likely wouldn't be claimed. He has essentially no value. His "potential" is meaningless, he's a nothing player. My guess is they won't find a partner, he'l be waived, clear, sent to the AHL, and then head back to the KHL. He's really not an NHLer at this point. At east not a very effective one.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Someone needs to step right up and steal this player for a second round pick or a 5/6 d-man, a decent prospect, something, ASAP! Operators are standing by.

What? We can't be trading him for that little? That would be insanity. Call now before we change our minds. Operators.....yes operators are standing by.

Nov 24, 2006
If he was dropped to waivers he likely wouldn't be claimed. He has essentially no value. His "potential" is meaningless, he's a nothing player. My guess is they won't find a partner, he'l be waived, clear, sent to the AHL, and then head back to the KHL. He's really not an NHLer at this point. At east not a very effective one.

I'm going to have to agree with you.

I thought he was going to turn into Pavel Datsyuk #2. Turns out he's more like Pavel Brendl #2.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
hes terrible

Too bad Jets(Atlanta) was one of the teams that allowed Fowler to keep dropping in the 2010 draft cause id say he would have come in handy on this team

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I used to love Burmi, but his game hasn't progressed since junior.

He's outstanding positionally & has a good stick. Normally being good positionally means you understand the game, but not in Burmistrov's case.

If any of his spectacular stick handling ever once accomplished anything other than a turnover one could at least argue that his east / west style doesn't mesh with the teams game plan.

But it doesn't. It always fails. Everytime. Puck on Burmistrov's stick=turnover, historically in the offensive zone where in the past it contributed to his strong possession numbers.

These numbers are an aberration. The turnovers in his first few seasons explained away by his lack of quality line mates.

This season he's a tire fire with routine turn overs in the neutral zone leading to odd man rushes.

Add this to his below NHL calibre shot & refusal to pass the puck together with the worst puck luck I've ever seen & I doubt he has any real value.

If a highlight real could be composed with the end resulting turnover being omitted, people might consider him the second coming of Datsyuk.

Those of us that have watched him since his Atlanta days know better. He's just awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad