TSN: Jets gauging trade interest in Burmistrov

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
2nd rounder is considered nothing?

for a player you may lose..

if you added a player in a trade fine, but what would be your protection list without burmi and lowry

We have 3 players that would be on the short list to get picked.

1) Lowry
2) Dano
3) Armia

If we trade Lowry for a 2nd, we are still losing one of the other 2 players as well. If we keep him, we just lose 1 of the 3 players.

Here's what we are left with in the 2 scenarios:

Jets trade Lowry for a 2nd
2nd
Armia

Jets keep Lowry
Dano
Armia

Dano and Armia are individually worth more than a 2nd so we lose.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
From the Jet side I don’t think we’d be looking for live bodies coming back. We’ve got 3 players who don’t deserve to get sent back down when we get closer to healthy, so trading him is as much about the roster spot and getting something ov value instead of waving him.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
From the Jet side I don’t think we’d be looking for live bodies coming back. We’ve got 3 players who don’t deserve to get sent back down when we get closer to healthy, so trading him is as much about the roster spot and getting something ov value instead of waving him.

Third pairing LD could use shoring up.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He should hit waivers when our lineup is healthy again. No one will give us a pick for that bum. He already burned us once when he had promise and we needed him. He's a finished product and is barely an nhl player.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
2 points in 24 games?? What is the interest?

While Burmi considers himself a top 6 point producer (something he's NEVER been) he is a decent 4th line defensive player and PK guy.

It's just his 5on5 offense that drives you nuts.
Stick handling to no where...
But he is a much better defensive forward than most 4th line guys.
After being benched for a while he's had a couple of decent games.
If the guy who finished last year wearing his jersey would like to show up we wouldn't even be talking about trading him.

Last edited:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
His value.

Think of the Peter Holland trade to to Arizona and the Jets will get less for Burny.

Two assists in 23 games. Dale Hawerchuk this year would have good at least 10 points for the Jets.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hi guys!

Watched Calgary-Winnipeg yesterday which was probably the 10th time I've seen the Jets this season. Before Trouba signed there was a lot of talk about how there was zero room for improvement of Winnipeg, besides at LD. Now things are looking better than before, only a couple of pts from a PO spot despite a really tough schedule and some injuries.

But I still have to say I see a lot of holes on that roster. Has the talk around the team changed? Is a LD the only thing Cheevy might be interested in?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hi guys!

Watched Calgary-Winnipeg yesterday which was probably the 10th time I've seen the Jets this season. Before Trouba signed there was a lot of talk about how there was zero room for improvement of Winnipeg, besides at LD. Now things are looking better than before, only a couple of pts from a PO spot despite a really tough schedule and some injuries.

But I still have to say I see a lot of holes on that roster. Has the talk around the team changed? Is a LD the only thing Cheevy might be interested in?

A RD might do at this point. But if Trouba gets traded it still has to be a defenceman coming back. We're a tirefire defensively even with Trouba. I can't see them moving one of their best players at their postition of biggest need without an equivalent player coming back.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Hi guys!

It's not zero room for improvement, it's that there aren't any other major holes to fill. Ld and depth D / D prospects are still the biggest need IMO. Otherwise some additition by subtraction would help, ie getting rid of Thorburn, Burmistrov and Stafford. It's hard to say if the team needs more forwards, right now they have 3 3rd liners hurt, and went a stretch with 6 top 9 forwards being injured and managed to do ok.

The big improvement they need is just to keep developing all their young players and hope one of their young goalies become a star. In regards to Trouba, Jets fans were saying we'd need a D back for him because he would leave a huge hole in the defense now and in the future but with him the top 4 is pretty solid for the time being.

scott99

May 13, 2005
He's never been a good NHL player and barely a passable KHL player. Winnipeg should ask for a 5th round pick and jump for joy like a kid on Christmas if they get it.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He's never been a good NHL player and barely a passable KHL player. Winnipeg should ask for a 5th round pick and jump for joy like a kid on Christmas if they get it.

Winnipeg would jump for joy if they got a conditional 7th for him.

Burmi likely clears waivers at this point. Doubt that anyone wants a forward who can't even crack the lineup on a bad and injury-riddled team, unless they're sold on the whole "would benefit from a change of scenery" angle.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Good defensive game, but he's a black void offensively. He's a good option for a 4th line if you're relying on that line to focus 100% on shutting down opponents, and not contribute offensively.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A RD might do at this point. But if Trouba gets traded it still has to be a defenceman coming back. We're a tirefire defensively even with Trouba. I can't see them moving one of their best players at their postition of biggest need without an equivalent player coming back.

It's not zero room for improvement, it's that there aren't any other major holes to fill. Ld and depth D / D prospects are still the biggest need IMO. Otherwise some additition by subtraction would help, ie getting rid of Thorburn, Burmistrov and Stafford. It's hard to say if the team needs more forwards, right now they have 3 3rd liners hurt, and went a stretch with 6 top 9 forwards being injured and managed to do ok.

The big improvement they need is just to keep developing all their young players and hope one of their young goalies become a star. In regards to Trouba, Jets fans were saying we'd need a D back for him because he would leave a huge hole in the defense now and in the future but with him the top 4 is pretty solid for the time being.

Thanks guys!

When I watch Winnipeg, I think the potential nukes are in place in order to create something really interesting, but some infrastructure definitely seem to be missing so to speak.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Thanks guys!

When I watch Winnipeg, I think the potential nukes are in place in order to create something really interesting, but some infrastructure definitely seem to be missing so to speak.

There isn't a problem that we would fix by trading Trouba, let's put it that way.

If we're talking someone else, you'll find something.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There isn't a problem that we would fix by trading Trouba, let's put it that way.

If we're talking someone else, you'll find something.

Yeah for sure, if I was Winnipeg I would rather move Myers/Buff.

The reason for why I asked is just, Cheevy seems to have had the mind-set that he had a lot of pieces that he truly believe would fit into at least a half finished puzzle. During the summer/early season I don't think fans from other teams and Winnipeg fans communicated that well, but now that Trouba is off the table it seems to be easier.

My point now is the same and it really has nothing to do with Trouba. But look at like Florida. They are back to missing the POs again. When/how are they supposed to become a good team? The one team that really took the route Winnipeg is trying to take is basically Tampa. Look at what it has taken for Tampa to establish themselves as a PO team. Its an almost endless list of wheeling and dealing. Constantly making sure that they cover all parts of their team and move in the right direction. Constantly adding character vets and competent winners.

Winnipeg is a team that has a lot of assets, and like Edmonton probably sooner rather than later will start to be active on the trade market. Its just interesting to know if Cheevy is dead-set at only getting LDs -- which is an approach that I to be honest think is pretty effin dumb and naive -- or if he, or someone else after he has failed which seems to be the likely scenario, will start looking at really improving the team. Or more like "building" a team to start with. Not just throwing a bunch of random assets on the ice hoping for the best.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Good defensive game, but he's a black void offensively. He's a good option for a 4th line if you're relying on that line to focus 100% on shutting down opponents, and not contribute offensively.

He's the perfect center for Dave Tippett then because all of his lines must focus 100% on shutting down opponents and not contribute offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad