Post-Game Talk: Jets: Foo - Flames: One

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So unfair to Helle if they throw the game.
Whose throwing a game? We have lots of players capable of starting in the NHL. Actually adding a few players hungry for a chance at a playoff roster spot amps up the intensity. Guys nursing injuries knowing an awkward hit just might mean time on the shelf slows down the game like we saw most of tonight. I think we are seeing this with Scheifele. He is not trying to beat d-man to the puck in the corner or on the boards if he knows he can't get there clean and avoid a big hit on his shoulder.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wheelers tip-in goal was possibly one of the best tip-ins I've seen in my entire life. What I also liked about this game is that the Jets didn't play too hard but they played good enough to not let a win go away.

Reactions: Festinator

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
The ref was calling Calgary for tripping and they kind of touched the puck in that scramble so the play was blown dead. But Copp banged it in anyway and then they had the scuffle after. The goal shouldn't have counted. Calgary probably should've gotten another extra penalty for the scrum, but they just gave offsetting roughing calls to Lowry and whoever.

then why didn't they get a tripping penalty. Offsetting roughing doesn't negate the tripping call. I think the ref just lost sight of puck and thought the goalie had it covered

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Congrats JETS!

2 records still up for grabs

Laine for the only Euro teen to hit 70points.
He needs 1

Helly
1 win for most home win in a year
1 win for most win by us born (under 24).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Icing on the cake boys, icing on the cake.

Hope Ehlers hits 30, now that the rocket seems out of reach for Laine.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
burke_cheveldayoff.jpg

Reactions: Evil Little

DREGER21

Mar 26, 2018
We got points against every team in the league and had at least one win against every team except Columbus. We don’t blow that 2 goal lead against the Preds a month ago and we’d be playing for the President’s Trophy tomorrow. Oh well... bring on the Wild

Reactions: ocdaddy

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Helly will be playing on Saturday. I don’t know why there’s even any doubt amongst some people...and I suspect most of the rest of the starters will be too.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jets have clinched second in the conference now? Sweet

Yep: it's not possible for anyone in the West to pass the Jets, so Nashville and the Jets finish 1-2 respectively. It'll be interesting to see where they finish league wide - they can finish as high as 2nd, and no lower than 4th.

These are weird statements to write, BTW. :laugh: I did pick them finishing 2nd in the Central at the end of last year when we voted, but I didn't think they'd be this strong.

Reactions: King Woodballs

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Yep: it's not possible for anyone in the West to pass the Jets, so Nashville and the Jets finish 1-2 respectively. It'll be interesting to see where they finish league wide - they can finish as high as 2nd, and no lower than 4th.

These are weird statements to write, BTW. :laugh: I did pick them finishing 2nd in the Central at the end of last year when we voted, but I didn't think they'd be this strong.

I feel weird. Like really weird typing “finished in second in the west”
I am not used to Winnipeg sports success. Or this much success anyways haha
I figured they would make the playoffs, but as you said didn’t think they would of be this good.

As well, with being the what 5th youngest team? There is still even more room to grow and improve. The window is just opening!

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad