Post-Game Talk: Jets: Foo - Flames: One

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
How many players in the league, no, on the planet could have switched from right wing to center in the best league in the world and not missed a step and kept his scoring up and put his team on his shoulders and kept them at such a high level?

Nov 24, 2006
Who is that Jet fan with the beard that the camera man always pans to during the anthems and goals.

Is the Jets cameraman in love with him.

Yep, there’s beard-0, and then there’s another guy they show after a Jets goal all the time that kind of looks like Elliot Friedman.

Reactions: NBjet

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
If Colorado loses tonight, should stl intentionally rest all of their players against chi?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So now that we have 2nd over all in the West what do we do on Saturday, Ehlers needs 1 for 30, Helle has a chance for doing something real special for himself, players will sit but who?

Anyone remotely banged up should sit. You still need to ice an NHL caliber team, however. Fans still pay their hard-earned money to see the teams ice a decent squad. Besides, we owe Chicago a little tickle after we became the butt of their historic trivia question :P

Reactions: bustamente

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Are there rules about resting as ppl still paid for the chi game.
And what rules would that be? Anyone with an NHL contract can be dressed or scratched on the team's discretion. Probably not a player on the team that doesn't have something that can't be described as an injury.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
The ref was calling Calgary for tripping and they kind of touched the puck in that scramble so the play was blown dead. But Copp banged it in anyway and then they had the scuffle after. The goal shouldn't have counted. Calgary probably should've gotten another extra penalty for the scrum, but they just gave offsetting roughing calls to Lowry and whoever.
I'm pretty sure according to the rules touching puck is not enough, you have to gain control of the puck which never happened

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
And what rules would that be? Anyone with an NHL contract can be dressed or scratched on the team's discretion. Probably not a player on the team that doesn't have something that can't be described as an injury.
There's rules in the NBA. I'd hate to see the Moose. They sold the jets game saying ppl would see the jets. Haven't they reached max call ups? I'm fine with a line of Dano Mathias roslo Hendricks is fine but as long as there are 5 jets forwards. And 2 jets d. Morro chariot pool niku then need to play either Myers buff trouba mo.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Team really looks like it could use a couple practices. There were some "interesting" pass attempts out there..

Thankfully there's time for that

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
There's rules in the NBA. I'd hate to see the Moose. They sold the jets game saying ppl would see the jets.
But there isn't rules that you have to dress injured players. At this point in the NHL season everyone has something that can be labeled as an injury as players are pretty beat up. Maurice just held out 6 starters saying each one had some injury that would benefit with additional rest and no one batted an eye.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
And it's fitting too, I think. Imagine the train-wreck that would result in trying to get a humble guy like Wheeler to give a Hart trophy speech. Nah, I think Blake's got exactly one trophy on his mind, and it's not the Alka-Seltzer Plus trophy (RIP)
Which confirms his status as the MVP.

Seriously, how mant wingers slide over to center and scores more than a pint a game and carries his team to a 11-2-3 record while their elite, number one center is out?
Oh ya, Wheeler got a LOT of his points this year while Scheif was out so, the "Well, he plays with Scheifele" argument died this year.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Foo has potential. Needs to bulk up...

giphy.gif

But the Jets used blind mans bluff...

200.gif

:laugh:

Last edited: