Post-Game Talk: Jets: Foo - Flames: One

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Connor should be nominated for Calder; Barzal will win.
Helle should be nominated for Vezina (and win); Rinne will win.
Wheeler should be nominated for Hart (and win but won't be nominated); Hall will win but shouldn't.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Wheeler, Hellebuyck and Stastny.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: On knowing who their opponent is in the first round. Any initial thoughts on the matchup against the Wild. Thoughts on the 1st period. Keeping bad habits to a minimum. On Josh Morrissey. Flipping Roslovic and Armia.

To listen click here.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Wheeler should be nominated for Hart (and win but won't be nominated); Hall will win but shouldn't.
Helly is our hart

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Well when you’re competing against such a hockey crazy media centre like Nashville, it’s hard to get noticed in Winnipeg.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

WAY to many good candidates this year.

And Hall 100% deserves the Hart.

Reactions: wabagee

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This last minute play put officiating to legendary status for me. Blow the whistle when puck not frozen, disallow the goal and don't even give extra penalty to Calgary after all they did? Golden :laugh:
The ref was calling Calgary for tripping and they kind of touched the puck in that scramble so the play was blown dead. But Copp banged it in anyway and then they had the scuffle after. The goal shouldn't have counted. Calgary probably should've gotten another extra penalty for the scrum, but they just gave offsetting roughing calls to Lowry and whoever.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Can't wait for the regular season to end. Was there tonight and was mostly just hoping for good health. Helly was great and stole the show. Another win and we did lock it down at the end. I think I will enjoy Saturday more if we have some must have starters sitting in the PB.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
No more than Wheeler does...

Hall, Kopitar, Mackinnon, and McDavid all have better Hart candidacies in my opinion. That's not including the best goalie, and the best defenseman in the league. Maybe in a down year, Wheeler could snag a nomination, but there are too many standout seasons.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
No wonder calgary stinks, pull your goalie in end on pp there with 1:50 left. Coach is gone.

Absolutely correct. Coaches still pulling their goalies way, way too late. 1 goal down even 5v5, you should be looking at around the 3 minute mark. Time's going to bear out Patrick Roy as dead right on this; people are still just too hung up on not wanting to admit an arrogant man like Roy was right. If that's Scotty Bowman or Roger Nielson that was coaching the Avs there, the whole league is following suit next season.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That Foo guy. Probably smokin Cilantro

> scores a goal to get the team close.
> can't quite get his team to the finish line.

y4lS8UT.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hall, Kopitar, Mackinnon, and McDavid all have better Hart candidacies in my opinion. That's not including the best goalie, and the best defenseman in the league. Maybe in a down year, Wheeler could snag a nomination, but there are too many standout seasons.

And it's fitting too, I think. Imagine the train-wreck that would result in trying to get a humble guy like Wheeler to give a Hart trophy speech. Nah, I think Blake's got exactly one trophy on his mind, and it's not the Alka-Seltzer Plus trophy (RIP)

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
So now that we have 2nd over all in the West what do we do on Saturday, Ehlers needs 1 for 30, Helle has a chance for doing something real special for himself, players will sit but who?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad