Proposal: Jets/Flames

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
youre wrong as usual, there were several times according to Snow that Chevy tried to trade myers for Hamonic and Snow always turned him down

Winnipeg Jets
This is Hamonic's preferred destination, since he's a native of close by St. Malo, Manitoba. LeBrun says Jacob Troubais likely "too rich a cost" for the Jets to surrendered for Hamonic. Dustin Byfuglien will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, but SportsNet's Luke Fox says the Jets would be more than willing to part with Tyler Myers. (Nov 19)

The latest Travis Hamonic trade rumors

Report: Jets offered Byfuglien for Hamonic, Isles said no

Report: Jets offered Byfuglien for Hamonic, Isles said no

Despite their interest in Trouba, the Islanders have been unable to pry him away from the Jets. Just like the Flames with Brodie, the Jets see Trouba as their future on defense. The Jets countered by offering Tyler Myers, but the Islanders don’t see him as good enough.

Making Sense Of The Travis Hamonic Situation

Garth Snow confirmed each of these stories Several times because of Hamonics request, like he said:
"im not just gonna give him away" Chevy kept trying but Snow kept saying no. he Also turned down Hall too, which was acknowledged by both sides

as usual, jets fans are talking out their ass

when will you learn WPG99 that unlike you I always have sources for what I say

Firstly, none of these are confirmed so nothing here is final. All of it is just trade bait talk from a couple of reporters trying to stir the pan and get good ratings. And no, it does not say anywhere that Garth Snow confirmed these trade offers... Lol your sources are trade rumour sites, no surprise that they have trade rumours...

Secondly Byfuglien was a pending UFA at that time and the Jets where torn between keeping him or Ladd so why wouldn’t they try and get as much as they can(“ That the Isles reportedly said no to Byfuglien shouldn’t really come as a surprise, given his contract uncertainty. However, it does make one wonder about his future in Winnipeg. Remember that the salary cap is not expected to go up by much, and the Jets have another pending UFAin captain Andrew Ladd, plus a couple of key RFAs in Trouba and Mark Scheifele.“ even if that was true it doesn’t mean a thing).

If anyone is talking out of their cavity it’s you bud, your assuming all these trade rumours are true and calling me out for it as if I’m stupid...

Reactions: Snowman

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
for the longest time Chevy was afraid to make a trade. it was common knowledge around the NHL

"This was the toughest call on this list. On the one hand, Cheveldayoff might be the most notoriously conservative GM in the entire league when it comes to trading. From his first day on the job in 2011 through this February, he had famously never made a single trade involving NHL players on both sides, leading critics to wonder what he actually did to earn his paycheck."

Ranking GMs most likely to make trades

Lol trying to talk down on Chevy when he’s up for GM of the year and has built the best roster in the league...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Firstly he was horrible in Calgary, and nearly as bad in NY...

Um... What the heck do you mean by “Hold up snow”? You realize no GM in the league would even attempt to sign Hamonic last year if they had Byfuglien, Trouba and Myers(all much better RD’s)... Don’t throw Chevy under the rug for being a smart successful GM.
Except Hamonic was not horrible in Calgary, not even a little bit. You need to rid yourself of this stupid misconception just because some spreadsheet told you so. Hamonic struggled the first 6-8 weeks, then once up to speed with the system he was at least IMO our best defensive defenseman (some will tell you Gio, with Hamonic after him). Brodie struggled and Hamonic spent much of the season covering Brodie's blunders.

Also, it was well known the Jets were targeting Hamonic, denying that is just laughable at this point. We all know the Jets were offering Myers and the Isles were asking Trouba.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Flames trade offer? Check.
Sam Bennett lowball? Check.
Sam Bennett bashing? Check.
Flames fan bashing? Check.

The trade board sure is getting tedious these days. Can't wait for the season to start again so I don't have to read bad Bennett trade offers. Flames aren't trading Bennett unless it's part of a package for someone like Tyler Seguin.

Flames and Canes trade proposals that aren't created by said fans respectively always end up horribly lop-sided in favour of the other team. Something about teams with CA to begin their city/state that causes this for some reason.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Except Hamonic was not horrible in Calgary, not even a little bit. You need to rid yourself of this stupid misconception just because some spreadsheet told you so. Hamonic struggled the first 6-8 weeks, then once up to speed with the system he was at least IMO our best defensive defenseman (some will tell you Gio, with Hamonic after him). Brodie struggled and Hamonic spent much of the season covering Brodie's blunders.

Also, it was well known the Jets were targeting Hamonic, denying that is just laughable at this point. We all know the Jets were offering Myers and the Isles were asking Trouba.

I mean there’s not a lot to say, I mean stats and performance of the player don’t matter to you. Obviously just your biased presumption of the player does... I mean he only joined one of the best defences in the league and to some coincidence it got worse(much worse, while signing a better goalie than last season as well)... Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure as hell looks to me as of Hamonic isn’t that good(or as good as you think).

To your next point, nothing is well known, it is a rumour the Jets targeted Hamonic(not saying I don’t believe in that rumour, they probably had interest, who knows?...). The only thing we all know is that this argument your having has had no common sense put into it, do I really have to give you the definition of rumour?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Flames trade offer? Check.
Sam Bennett lowball? Check.
Sam Bennett bashing? Check.
Flames fan bashing? Check.

The trade board sure is getting tedious these days. Can't wait for the season to start again so I don't have to read bad Bennett trade offers. Flames aren't trading Bennett unless it's part of a package for someone like Tyler Seguin.
Is this really a low ball trade for Bennett? Perreault is a pretty good top 6 player but can play anywhere in the line up and has made that line statistically better (i believe he's the only player on the Jets that every other player does better with than without). Would have been 5th in pts for Fwds on the flames this seasons and 4th last year Good jack of all trades player with excellent vision and tenacious on the puck/forecheker. What are the ++'s CGY is hoping to add for Tyler Seguin?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Reasonable value is meaningless, in front of team need we have no need for Perreault at this point. He's not playing top 6 for us with Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, and Backlund taking the C/LW spots.
We're looking for internal growth so we don't want to trade young players like Sam Bennett and Mark Jankowski that have shown flashes of being NHL skill-players but haven't put it together yet, because we are looking at them to grow their game at the right price for us.

But you whine at Flames fans that it's unreasonable for us to want to keep Bennett over Perreault.
If value is what you think matters most and the value of Perreault dwarfs Bennett then go whine at Jets fans that they are being insane offering such a great player for Sam 'Bust'nnett instead of telling us we need to give up our young inexpensive players for whatever price you have deemed as fair from watching our team far less than any poster from our board.
Lol. Keep moving the target.

You can’t even stay on topic and you change your arguements. If the original argument was that Perreault doesn’t fit a need I’m ok with that. It wasn’t. The argument was Bennett was the better player.

You want internal growth? For what? Seems like the Flames were ready to be in the playoffs this year. So you’re still rebuilding? That also was not a previous arguement.

You also seem to not know much about the Jets. The Jets have cap problems coming. Also Jet fans have fantasies of keeping Stastny. That’s why some Jet fans would be willing to trade the better talent for potential and lower contract.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
The thing is and something you clearly do not understand is how trades work. “Reasonable value” is only applicable assuming the Flames are shopping him. A team wanting a player who’s not really on the market or a team needing to move a player of necessity are huge factors on value. None of that is happening here.

Why would the Flames want to move Bennett for reasonable current value when it’s abundantly clear his value is very low as to where the Flames believe it should be. Selling low on players costs people their jobs because it’s not smart. The whole premise of this proposal is highly far fetched.
Perreault isn’t nothing. He improves the Flames quite a bit. It not like the offer is a 5th round draft pick.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I mean there’s not a lot to say, I mean stats and performance of the player don’t matter to you. Obviously just your biased presumption of the player does... I mean he only joined one of the best defences in the league and to some coincidence it got worse(much worse, while signing a better goalie than last season as well)... Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure as hell looks to me as of Hamonic isn’t that good(or as good as you think).

To your next point, nothing is well known, it is a rumour the Jets targeted Hamonic(not saying I don’t believe in that rumour, they probably had interest, who knows?...). The only thing we all know is that this argument your having has had no common sense put into it, do I really have to give you the definition of rumour?
it wasnt a rumor, Garth Snow said it himself, and he explained it to Travis Hamonic himself, the first time he asked to be traded home, because of his mothers illness.

its why Hamonic rescinded his Original request, because he told him that Chevaldayoff wasnt offering fair value. the real problem isnt that it was a rumor, the problem is that you dont want to accept that myers value at the time was considered as less than Hamonic, that same period the Oilers offered Taylor Hall too but at the time Hamonic preferred to get as lose to st Malo as he could, so Garth Turned that down too, Eventually as his moms dimentia got worse Hamonic asked again and he said hed accept a deal to colorado calgary or Winnipeg and Treliving to his credit didnt try to take advantage of Snow, like Chevaldayoff had tried to.

you just dont want to admit you were wrong as usual. Chevy was within his rights, he knew all about Travis' mother, and there is no rule that says he has to offer fair value to help Hamonic I understand that. but he did repeatedly offer Myers but Snow wanted no part of Myers because he was injured at the time and Buff was soon to be a free agent. you can deny it all you like, but it was reported all over, and when Snow was asked he said yes, thats how it happened. he said he only tried to make a deal because Hamonic was frantic about his Moms worsening condition, and out of the love and respect he had for Hamonic, saying he felt like Hamonic was a "little brother"

deny it all you likebut anyone who was around here at the time knows it was true

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I meant to say there is a lot more lopsided deals that hurt Calgary and Carolina compared to other teams. It's just personal experience though, take it with a grain of salt.

Probably because of the state of your team vs expectations coming into the year. Edmonton fans got a bunch of garbage proposals as well recently. Jets had some terrible ones in 16/17 as well.

Everyone thinks they can get young players for cheap because there's pressure to "win now"

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
it wasnt a rumor, Garth Snow said it himself, and he explained it to Travis Hamonic himself, the first time he asked to be traded home, because of his mothers illness.

its why Hamonic rescinded his Original request, because he told him that Chevaldayoff wasnt offering fair value. the real problem isnt that it was a rumor, the problem is that you dont want to accept that myers value at the time was considered as less than Hamonic, that same period the Oilers offered Taylor Hall too but at the time Hamonic preferred to get as lose to st Malo as he could, so Garth Turned that down too, Eventually as his moms dimentia got worse Hamonic asked again and he said hed accept a deal to colorado calgary or Winnipeg and Treliving to his credit didnt try to take advantage of Snow, like Chevaldayoff had tried to.

you just dont want to admit you were wrong as usual. Chevy was within his rights, he knew all about Travis' mother, and there is no rule that says he has to offer fair value to help Hamonic I understand that. but he did repeatedly offer Myers but Snow wanted no part of Myers because he was injured at the time and Buff was soon to be a free agent. you can deny it all you like, but it was reported all over, and when Snow was asked he said yes, thats how it happened. he said he only tried to make a deal because Hamonic was frantic about his Moms worsening condition, and out of the love and respect he had for Hamonic, saying he felt like Hamonic was a "little brother"

deny it all you likebut anyone who was around here at the time knows it was true

Again instead of theorizing with rumours and making it into a heroic story send me an actual link where Hamonic or Snow confirmed this.... Also well I’m on base allot doesn’t make sense here like the fact that Calgary is only an hour or two difference from the distance to St Mal0 and is closer to it that Colorado(as is many other teams, especially Minnesota)... Again I’d like a link, I’m not denying anything, your just believing silly rumours.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Is this really a low ball trade for Bennett?

Absolutely times seven.

Perreault is a pretty good top 6 player

Perrault, right now, is a downgrade on Sam Bennett for Calgary..

Would have been 5th in pts for Fwds on the flames this seasons and 4th last year

Perrault last three seasons: 1.02 P1/60
Bennett last three seasons: 1.13 P1/60

That's with 20 and 21 yo Bennett severely underperforming.

Bennett constantly being saddled with Bartkowskis and Hathaways and Chiassons and Brouwers and Lazars does not make me change my evaluation of him. Bennett has the highest ceiling in the entire Flames organization and that has nothing to do with where he was drafted and everything to do with his elite skill level.

Good jack of all trades player with excellent vision and tenacious on the puck/forecheker.

Expendable middle six grinder on the wrong side of 25.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Again instead of theorizing with rumours and making it into a heroic story send me an actual link where Hamonic or Snow confirmed this.... Also well I’m on base allot doesn’t make sense here like the fact that Calgary is only an hour or two difference from the distance to St Mal0 and is closer to it that Colorado(as is many other teams, especially Minnesota)... Again I’d like a link, I’m not denying anything, your just believing silly rumours.
yes you are, when one of the gms incvolved comes out and tells the player it happened and it gets reported multiple times in the media from different sources you can pretty much accept that its happened. the only one calling it a rumor is you. and with your constant lying why would anyone believe you

i gave you 3 links there were even more at the time, do your own research

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
yes you are, when one of the gms incvolved comes out and tells the player it happened and it gets reported multiple times in the media from different sources you can pretty much accept that its happened. the only one calling it a rumor is you. and with your constant lying why would anyone believe you

i gave you 3 links there were even more at the time, do your own research

Not a single one of them had Garth Snow confirming or acknowledging that the Jets offered anything let alone the specifics of what they where rumoured to offer from the Jets from those hockey trade rumour sites...

Once you send a link my way that has him actually saying that then we can talk.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad