Proposal: Jets/Flames

Slomo

May 27, 2018
Great trade that would benefit all players and both teams. Hamonic goes home, Bennett has another chance to become that bonified 2nd line centre with Ehlers and Laine.

Perrault has a better chance cracking the top 6 in Calgary. Myers offensive skill would be a great fit with Brodie.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I've noticed that most moves suggested on these threads out of Calgary include Sam Bennett? Haven't watched too many Flames' games over the past couple of years, is he a bust?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I don't think the flames would do this because Myers is a UFA next year.

That might be the reason the Flames make the trade. Rather have the free cap space in 2019/20 than Myers. I just doubt the Flames would part with Hamonic after spending (wasting) so much to acquire him, though that was the previous regime.
Jets need cap space soon. They might be willing to almost give Perrault away if no cap is sent back in return.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That might be the reason the Flames make the trade. Rather have the free cap space in 2019/20 than Myers. I just doubt the Flames would part with Hamonic after spending (wasting) so much to acquire him, though that was the previous regime.
Jets need cap space soon. They might be willing to almost give Perrault away if no cap is sent back in return.

This shows you know nothing about the Flames

Reactions: CF84

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Hmm really bad for Flames. I think Flames rather send Stone then Hamonic, and Flames are atm atleast as deep or even deeper on the right side

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
I’d do that trade possibly, I’d prefer a right shot winger over Perreault. Also don’t see why Hamonic would need 500k retained since his salary is already so good.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This is just dumb for the Flames and makes no sense. Bennett has struggled, but he's still young, I like Perreault but why do the Flames need a 4 million dollar 30 year old center with Backlund, Janks and Monahan. He also plays some left wing but the Flames certainly don't need that either.

And I like Myers, but nut as a upcoming UFA, and Hamonic was very good in the second half of the season.

This is a move that pretty much does nothing for the Flames but make them worse.

Reactions: carp and CF84

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Perreault is better than Bennet and Myers is better than Hamonic. Another awful proposal from WPG99

Wrong and wrong

Perreault is overpaid. He may be better than Bennett but considering age and he totally collapsed in the second half...I'll take my chance with Bennett

Myers is an upcoming UFA and not sure if he is even better than Hamonic anyway

And I agree you are a Jet homer

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I have no idea why anyone would think this makes sense for the Flames. Hamonic for Myers is lateral at best in terms of value contracts excluded, but Myers is a pending UFA and Hamonic is a better fit for the Flames in terms of style as well.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Great trade that would benefit all players and both teams. Hamonic goes home, Bennett has another chance to become that bonified 2nd line centre with Ehlers and Laine.

Perrault has a better chance cracking the top 6 in Calgary. Myers offensive skill would be a great fit with Brodie.

Yeah, this is what I saw. I ussaully go outrageous and look at unrealistic scenarios when making trade proposals(for the sake of seeing how possible it would be to see stars being moved, I tried to pump my brakes this time on this one(though the 500k retained was a little stupid, I will admit that).

When I looked at Sam Bennett you can see many things, I watch his highlights and I’m absolutely amazed when I look at his stats, I’m thinking maybe he can follow suit with the Karlssons, Rakells and Scheifeles(guys who where thought to be busts a couple years on but turned their development right around) of the world before he’s deemed a Yakupov by given a chance where he might fit right in beside really good Wingers. I know many people don’t know a lot about Perrault but he can physically play anywhere and is a really gifted Winger, he can score he is probable one of the best defensive minded wingers in the league as well(this is the kind of player that coaches will love to have and GM’s will know about but the fans that franchises he’s not playing won’t know a damn thing about), I guess the terminology would be he’s a short 200ft Winger that can play either Wing or Center all well. The Jets simply can’t afford his talent now though so I think it’s worth the risk(worst case scenario you open up 4m and you stick with the long term plan of Little/Roslovic at 2C, best case scenario you have a Elite player who wasn’t given the opportunity, minutes and proper coaching/training to become a star in between Laine/Wheeler and Ehlers).

For Calagary, they get a guaranteed stud that will work hard and score where every he plays(wether it be LW, RW, C, First line, Top 6 or even Bottom 9) and will probably help them win right off the bat.

When I looked at the trade I thought sending Myers and Hamonic back to there home towns to play would be a cool idea as they’d be perfect fits for each other(though Myers is more likely to be traded because of his contract but he is the better player).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad