Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Knights 3 -1

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
There have been lots of suggestions of players to take out. Enstrom Ehlers. Amazing how far we have got with so many "underachievers".

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
After reading and considering all of the comments--the most important thing that has to change here is--we need "production" from all our scoring lines. I t wouldn't of mattered if Enstrom was in or out of the lineup-- that's not the reason why we lost.

I just hope that Perrault, Little, Ehlers, and guys like that can step it up, and start to score--as that's what I believe it's going to take. I'm sure they are trying, but maybe a little to nervous.

Reactions: burnoutberry

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I understand what he's saying.

And he's wrong.

"spouting a stat"? Oh man. Is that what we're going to call it when someone counts to five correctly?

That's not how any of this works. Not the least of which is that it is not a comparable amount of variance on either side. Like, obsessing about a sample size of five is ridiculous enough, but "sample size of five" plus ".. and I'll just remove whatever samples don't please me" is even crazier.

FACT: If the Jets are scored on first in the playoffs, they have a significantly higher than 0% chance to win the game.

FACT: when the Jets have been scored on first in this playoffs, they have won ALMOST EXACTLY AS OFTEN as statistically expected.

FACT: the 'plus luck' that the Jets enjoyed in winning that game they were scored on first is almost exactly identical to the sum of all the 'minus luck' that the Jets suffered in not winning those other four games they were scored on first. Do you know how we can tell that? Because the Jets were almost exactly on average for "measured comebacks versus expected comebacks" during that five game sample. If measured equals expected, the net sum of luck is zero.

FACT: Even if the Jets DID have a 0% chance of winning when being scored on first in this playoffs, their winning rate when THEY score first has been so high that, if maintained throughout a year, would make them a certain President's Trophy winner and the clear cut playoff favorite.

... this last one is really the biggest of them all -- even taking this flawed line of reasoning at face value, it still would have us as a championship caliber team.
100% this. Great post.

All of this drawing conclusions off a sample size of 5 is absolutely ludicrous anyway.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'd put Morrow in over Chiarot as well. The only reasons I'd move Enstrom to the bottom pairing is to give Myers some help moving the puck and to keep Morrow/Myers away from each other.
Agree.

Also, Buff and Morrow have actually been pretty good together.

Reactions: Duke749

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The Jets biggest advantage is their depth....that depth needs to start contributing. The top line carried us past Nashville, it needs support though. If guys like Ehlers, Perreault, Little, Lowry, Copp, Armia start chipping in like they can, it wll make like very hard on Vegas.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
We seem to lose games when we stop skating. Gliding to pucks and waiting for them to come to us. We have to skate for 60 minutes if we want to beat Vegas. We stop skating and we might as well hand them the series.

Agreed. Watching the Jets waiting on pucks has been painful. Also want to see much quicker puck retrieval in our zone and quicker movement right up the ice.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The Jet players should place large bets on Vegas GK to win. That way the Jet players can't lose. They can even write the monetary losses on their taxes. Supreme Court said it's OK.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agreed. Watching the Jets waiting on pucks has been painful. Also want to see much quicker puck retrieval in our zone and quicker movement right up the ice.

Yeah it seemed when they didn't get the puck luck on the early attempts and Vegas capitalized on two early mistakes the fatigue set in and they just stopped skating. There was no chance of a comeback after that.

Reactions: GNP

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
Reading these threads is always such a roller coaster. I see the same posters who were saying the Jets were done after losing Game6 to the preds now acting like the series vs. Vegas is over.

Vegas HAD to win that game, and they showed that they can when it matters. I don't think we even played particularly bad, just not our A+ game. We were still in that game for the majority of it, and a few out of character bad mistakes allowed the Knights some great chances that they executed on. That's an entirely different game if a few of the bounces go our way. You can't say that about Game 1. From my perspective, the series is 1-1, and in our win we were dominant. And in the Vegas win, I thought we were in the game for most of it and they just capitalized on a few uncharacteristic mistakes that I don't think will happen again. I like our chances.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
This forum is so negative after a loss. God, will I ever learn to ignore HFB after Jets lose?

I come because I find it therapeutic knowing there are others out there like me. Seeing others ranting actually makes me feel better for some reason.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree 100%.
So much negativity after one loss only 2 games into this series.

Did people actually expect a sweep.
smh

All the hysteria and negativity after a loss I suspect. We have a team that collected 114 pts, and 2 series wins but after a loss its all negative bull****.

Reactions: Noeller

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It is only a matter of time before Ehlers starts lighting the lamp.

He was so close with that backhand off the post.

I think your right TNT -- Ehlers was flying out there last night and hit the post. He has the talent, and I'm sure he'll start to score. The others like Little, Perrault etc--I'm not so sure about ?? but hope they come to life. We need our "depth scorers" to light the lamp, if we're going to win this series.

Reactions: tntkid

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
the NHL playoffs are definitely an emotional rollercoaster, and certainly this isn't something that we, as Jets fans, are used to. Just have to do your best to relax and trust the people that got us here (PoMo, Chevy, etc...)

Reactions: tntkid and GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Do they play with the lines or do they trust the players to figure it out themselves. Do they Connor with Little and ? They had some chemistry. Move Perrault up to get him going with Laine stas Perrault ehlers chef wheeler. Perrault chef wheeler?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It is only a matter of time before Ehlers starts lighting the lamp.

He was so close with that backhand off the post.
I'm inclined to agree but we've been saying the same thing for what will be 15 games tomorrow. He needs to bear down and figure it out, as well as catch a bit of luck.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad