Pre-Game Talk: Jets@ Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Last meeting was a bit of a stinker, with us not mustering much offense, only 17 shots. Managed to lead for almost two periods, though with a pair of goals by Ladd. An awkward (and IMHO annoying) Teemu Selanne love-fest. That was the day of Bogo's giveaway to Perry from behind the net.

Here's hoping for a much improved game and effort. But I am worried.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Most I've looked forward to a game all season (that I'm not attending). This one is HUGE. It is a playoff preview, with our first round opponent, should we make it in.

New coach bounce!
Speed game made for our players!
Buff killing it at forward!
Calder twins!
Kaner back!
Confidence is back!

Let's give these Ducks a whooping and make them fear us come April!!!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-January-14-2014-300x167.jpg

Coach Maurice - What from last week makes him confident in heading into the upcoming week? On Evander Kane’s availability (“He’s a playerâ€). Will Kane be back in his spot (With Scheifele & Wheeler). Are the standings a true reflection? What does he like about Buff as a forward so far? What do you lose when you have Buff up front? Sheltering Trouba. O’Dell talk. Talking about the family trip that Jets are taking this week.

To listen click here.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
From my inexperienced reading of the advanced stats I do believe we can be competitive and have a chance at beating the Ducks. I will be backing my conviction with some vCash! :yo:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves! :cheers:

I'm also interested in what PMo means by "another line" for Kane. Either way, I'm finding myself much more excited for Jets games lately!

Yea to be clear he started out by saying (paraphrase) he put Evander with Scheifele and Wheeler and would like to be patient with them because he thinks they could work well together but has another spot he could use Kane as well

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yea to be clear he started out by saying (paraphrase) he put Evander with Scheifele and Wheeler and would like to be patient with them because he thinks they could work well together but has another spot he could use Kane as well

Kane - Little - Frolik
Ladd - Scheif - Wheels

Maybe?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I dunno, Maurice wants to use the Ladd - Little - Frolik line for the tough minutes.

For sure, but I'm trying to figure out where the "other spot" Maurice was talking about wanting to use Kane. Kane - Olli - Buff, maybe? Where would Seto slot? Seto - Scheif - Wheeler? Seems like a bit of a strange combo, unless they want to have two setup guys for a trigger man (Seto).

Should be interesting!

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Most I've looked forward to a game all season (that I'm not attending). This one is HUGE. It is a playoff preview, with our first round opponent, should we make it in.

New coach bounce!
Speed game made for our players!
Buff killing it at forward!
Calder twins!
Kaner back!
Confidence is back!

Let's give these Ducks a whooping and make them fear us come April!!!

All of the above just leads me to believe it's a trap game. Except for the playoff preview part - that I could get behind!:handclap:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
For sure, but I'm trying to figure out where the "other spot" Maurice was talking about wanting to use Kane. Kane - Olli - Buff, maybe? Where would Seto slot? Seto - Scheif - Wheeler? Seems like a bit of a strange combo, unless they want to have two setup guys for a trigger man (Seto).

Should be interesting!

Kane on the same line as Jokinen experiment has been tried too often and for too long by Noel and it didn't work. Both players have performed better when playing on different lines. This is not the route that Maurice wants to go. I hope he's patient with KSF even if they don't click instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad